1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Blazers 11/16/2012

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 15, 2012.

1. JK1

JK1 Member

Lillard scores on everyone....................... OK?

Now, STFU.

2. daernoth

daernoth Member

That's the thing though... the immediate reaction is benching and demotion. To me he played pretty badly the first couple of games this season also. Should we have sent him to the DLeague again? He got better and better as he kept getting consistent minutes.

Let me just say that I'm not convinced that the DLeague is the reason he is playing well though that's the story that the coaches like to tell. To me, its like they expect flawlessness right off the bat and if they don't get that, they would rather have somebody else worry about the player development.

3. Exel

Exel Member

False. It was 8pts and 2 of the 8 came on the foul after Harden was slammed to the floor by Mathews and lost the ball.

1 person likes this.
  4. jocar

jocar Member

5. seahawk

seahawk Member

i don't know why i am feeling good.

6. tkf

tkf Member

tough loss, houston is young, they will learn from this... not sure why lin didn't play in OT.. not happy with that..

I liked seeing him create and Harden play more off the ball..

Asik was fouled by batum, should have been called, but he also has to finish stronger and better around the basket....

7. FacePalmMaster

Should've snatched up D'antoni b4 the Lakers grabbed him. At least he knows how to make a offense and he KNOWS how to properly use Lin. Probably makes better use of Harden as well.

8. Solidz75

Solidz75 Rookie

somebody actually defending the coaching move? Is he an idiot?

9. tkrieger

tkrieger Member

No Lin, no win.............

10. PooleBoi7

PooleBoi7 Member

LOOK ON THE BRIGHT SIDE.........WHO ALL GOT PAID TODAY/THIS WEEK!?!?!?! AHHHHHHHHHHH FACK YEAH!!!!

11. seahawk

seahawk Member

guys, sarcarsm, get it?:grin:

12. pahiyas

pahiyas Member

Didn't Lillard made that 3 right after TD subbed Lin? And missed another wide open 3 right after? I thought those sequence was within that last 4 mins of regulation?

13. torocan

torocan Member

Meh, at this point I'm not even annoyed.

I'm really starting to suspect that Samson is one of those old school coaches that uses the "eye test" and doesn't even realize how good of a defender Lin really is.

Yeah, Lillard got 11 points... over mostly heavily contested shots.

And let's not get into the giveaway free throws from the refs.

If Samson thought TD was going to stop Lillard, he was delusional. TD is fast on his feet, but that's not enough to stop a hot shooter. You have to make them uncomfortable with smart defensive play, and that isn't TD.

Lost count of the numerous times TD went under the screen at the wrong time and gave up open 3's.

If I'm Lin, I'm sitting on the bench thinking,

"Ok, you think TD can do a better job on Defense? Knock yourself out..."

If I'm Morey, I'd be pretty furious right about now. :grin:

14. Knickskiller

Knickskiller Member

i noticed that when TD and Harden are together it's like having SG.
    The Lin + HD or Lin + TD seems to be more effective.

15. Solidz75

Solidz75 Rookie

I don;t think the current coaching staff is smart enough to learn what actually worrked in this game - that is making LIn the primary ball handler.

IF they were going to use him like this, why did they get him? SMDH

16. Camaro ZL1

Camaro ZL1 Member

I agree with Calvin about Lin...

17. Entropy

Entropy Member

You sound butt-hurt newbie. Calm down, son.

18. GoooooRockets!

yeah we can only wish..

19. Spyckie

Spyckie Member

Post Game analysis: (only saw the second half).

Summary:
    Rockets = Team Play
    Blazers = Pick n' Pop and ISO

The Rockets are doing great at getting high % OPEN shots. This is really due to JLin and the offensive sets the coaches are running.

The Blazers' points were almost all from ISO plays and screen and pops. They shot extremely well in contested and low % shots.

Most of the plays the Blazers make are beat the man, make the shot plays. It worked well... but then again, you rarely have games that are >60% shooting. Off simple screens and pops, Blazers shot incredibly. Many were contested shots and fade aways, and yet they all hit.

In such a close game, the ref calls were extremely annoying. Don't like to hang the blame on refs, but certain calls were game changers.

If there is anything to nit pick on the Rockets game, screens started getting extremely sloppy in the 3rd and 4th quarters. This limited their offensive flow by a lot. Other than that, they were doing really well, and we should see this improve as the team progresses.

On another note:
    ISO plays are real morale boosters if you are losing, but morale sinkers if you are winning. If you ISO and successfully break your man, the defending team starts to feel helpless to stop your shots and you swing momentum. However, if you ISO and the game is close and don't successfully pull it off (Harden) then it feels like you were taking a risk that needn't be taken.

20. Alex L.

Alex L. Contributing Member

I'm pretty sure that was not correct, but whatever....