1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Blazers 1/29/2020

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 29, 2020.

1. Gray_Jay

Gray_Jay Member

Agreed on the, 'if injured, sit down.' I want him getting whatever he has looked at, sitting down throughout the all-star week, and come back fresh. He's still a good player, but I don't like his effect on the team when he plays like this.

Rockets look a little different when they don't go to the line 50 times, and Gordon isn't hitting shots from backcourt... Nice to see House's transformation was only good in Utah too. Sigh.

This team can beat anyone, any given night. Even the Lakers and Bucks. And it can lose to a absolutely anyone too. Probably even foreign teams. After a while, you just throw up your hands at it.

ak99999 likes this.
  2. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

. . . So . . .Why did we insist that Capela must play last night?
    2 pts 7 rebs 1 asst 3 to

Rocket River

3. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

How many minutes was that?
    Capela was only in for 17

Rocket River

4. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Rockets continue to fritter away this golden opportunity of a season. It's quite depressing to watch them approach the season like this now that GS is off the board, after coming so close a few times recently.

Obviously Harden has some serious issue going on, he's completely disengaged. He plays hurt all the the time and doesn't look like this. It's not just the injury.

MrSabotage, ak99999 and Hakeemtheking like this.
  5. TimDuncanDonaut

Got real
    [​IMG]

Upcoming road schedule is gonna be tough. Rockets need to dig deep and play inspired basketball.

6. YOLO

YOLO Member

what were others when it mattered? and ariza is apparently the guy that sucks ok. keep telling yourself these things while the rockets role out a bunch of min rejects. that's that same bs people were trying to say when he left. then everyone got a reality check and still going

7. YOLO

YOLO Member

very little post game follow ups from the players/staff. yikes

malakas likes this.
  8. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Only 10:31. He needs them all together more minutes. I don't know why he didn't put Clint back in the last half of the 4th quarter, unless it is his heel. All I know is our defense was really bad against them when the others came in. We really need another forward like the Ariza we gave up.

ak99999 likes this.
  9. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

If he didn't put him in because of his heel . .. . why did he play at all ??

Rocket River

10. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Probably for the same reason he only played our best defense together for a little over 10 minutes. In other words, I don't know.

snowconeman22 and Rocket River like this.
  11. solid

solid Contributing Member

Rockets collapsed right before the half. Head was chucking up air balls, turnovers, no defense... They kind of look disinterested.

12. mrstriker316

mrstriker316 Member

Rockets gotta figure out the double team Harden crap, cause it will be used in the playoffs, We play totally better when hes on the bench because of that.

13. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Least enjoyable Rockets team in a long time.

2016 was a worse season, because the chemistry was terrible, but this team just isn’t enjoyable from a basketball perspective.

14. bro2044

bro2044 Member

sub-.500 play in January, ridiculous. Something is wrong with Harden, no superstar goes through a 5 week slump, and coaching isn't producing better play when everyone is healthy - wtf is up with that? These same guys were 25-11 before, it makes no sense.

Basically, if I'm home alone then I'll watch them, but otherwise if my wife is home and/or we have plans, I'm not taking time away from anything else to watch them until after the All-Star break. It's my sanity break, I've seen 1 full game in the last 2 weeks and it's been glorious.

hakeem94 likes this.
  15. Russjr2

Russjr2 Contributing Member

This roster needs a shakeup at F (PF and SF). PJ is a one trick pony out there, love the hustle, but we need a backup PF that can hoop a lil bit. We already know we need a starting SF. Can't keep starting Gordon at SF, it hurts us all over the place. He can't get in a flow with Russ and James having the ball all the time and we become a small team. He needs to come off the bench with only one of them in the game so he can get his flow going. I'm hoping for some kind of move next week. Even if its just trying out Jeff Green at backup PF.

deb4rockets and ak99999 like this.
  16. YOLO

YOLO Member

another players only meeting on the horizon...

ak99999 likes this.
  17. solid

solid Contributing Member

This is so true. They don't have any sizzle. Look like they are going through the motions. Appear disorganized. Just keep chucking low percentage shots. Nobody can blow a lead like they can.

bro2044 and ak99999 like this.
  18. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Here's the deal...They are doing essentially the same thing they did in 2017-2018, when they were the best team in the league. They are going ISO-heavy with shooters surrounding the stars.

However...

- They downgraded from Paul to Westbrook
    - They are not supplemented with multiple long defenders who can switch defensively
    - They're multiple years older and slower now
    - Lastly...they don't have the same desire to win and nightly effort level that team had

I get why they're sticking with the formula, but they are simply not the same group. They don't have the abilities that team had.

solid, snowconeman22 and YOLO like this.
  19. D-rock

D-rock Member

Executing at high level and having a system that enhances that said execution is not mutually exclusive Roslolian. You know that.

Just like players not executing (on offense or defense) is not indicative of a system's succes.

2 games is very small sample size. Look at MDA system production for entirety of his Rockets tenure. Other teams not name Golden State Warriors would love those results.

hakeem94 and Os Trigonum like this.
  20. D-rock

D-rock Member

Also, Harden (and Capela, Tucker) are playing thru injury. Opposing teams are doubling Harden to get ball out of his hands, Rockets role players cannot capitalize. No Bzdelik.

J Sizzle likes this.