1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Blazers 1/29/2020

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 29, 2020.

1. haiti1804

haiti1804 Member

0 for 12 when it matters...Ariza sucks man I watched him for years....decent on defense...major liability when he has to perform in the clutch

hakeem94 likes this.
  2. SORF

SORF Member

Lets see, I'm praying for Kobe's family and the other families of the helicopter accident. I'm praying for my health to improve. And tonight, I'm going to add a prayer that your computer or other media device crashes so we don't have to see your haranguing postings anymore!!!!!

3. HP3

HP3 Member

When there is so much bias...bro how am I supposed to have an honest convo with you.

4. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Bias? Am I a rival fan of another team? Am I a fan of the Arizona Wildcats and have a bias against Arizona St alumni?

My opinions of Harden are naturally developed after he was traded to the Rockets and watching almost every game of his as a Rocket fan. There is literally nothing else to it.

You don't want a honest conversation with me because you don't like my opinions. It's that simple.

5. aliadiere25

aliadiere25 Member

Handpicking videos from a bunch of plays doesn't justify your claims.

From that first video, that's the kind of late help defense Capela normally offers us. Sags off under the rim and then offers a late contest. Not saying it's not a great dunk from Kobe, but the center literally didn't step up till he was already in the air.

The 2nd video is a great reverse dunk, but he still has enough room..... and again it's a late contest. Besides, look at how much room Kobe has to drive to get the rim.... and he was left wide open for a corner 3pt shot. Harden would never be allowed that much time and space.

Totally different circumstances.

6. fchowd0311

Dear lord you are so delusional. You think Harden could have made either of those plays? How many double clutch reverse dunks have you seen Harden do? How many nut hugger dunks have you seen Harden do where his balls are on the face of the big man defender?

BTW, the modern NBA allows for SIGNIFICANTLY better spacing for ball handlers today due to the prolific nature of 3 pt shooting. In both those highlights did you see Kobe dribbling the ball on one spot on the floor for 10 seconds allowing teams to think about whether they should double him? Harden has never been anywhere close to the finisher that Kobe was. It's that simple. Harden relies on making his lay ups like Steve Nash, by barely getting off the ground and trying to do high arcing lay ups and floaters. His style of finishing is FAR MORE PRONE to being swatted away.

7. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

I've come to terms that we need a real alpha dog on this team. Harden is a number 2. Has the talent and skill to be a number 1 but that attitude. Even my parents would b!tch slap me for that kind of pouting.

8. HP3

HP3 Member

No its because you hate Harden and you dont admit it. And only have negative things to say and constantly throw jabs at him. And you make asinine comments about his shape and rely on your eye tests to tell me if hes declined as a player rather than his overall produciton.

9. fchowd0311

Ooh... "Asinine comments"... "eye test"....

In other words you have a difference of opinion and you resort to poster drama. Either ignore me or address the content of my post.

10. aliadiere25

aliadiere25 Member

11. fchowd0311

I mean come on. You really want me to post a Kobe dunk package? Really?

Harden especially before this season and when he was in great shape in 17-18 and 14-15 had the ability to dunk on people or at least dunk around people occasionally when they missed the swipe for the block.

Kobe dunked ON people as in even when they timed the block right, he still dunked on them. Harden doesn't have a "nuts in the face" dunk like Kobe. The other great perimeter scorers like Wade, Jordan, LeBron and Kobe were far superior around the rim than Harden.

12. HP3

HP3 Member

What..you think your eye test is a valuable way to evaluate Harden as a player? lol

Hard to have an honest convo with you bro....

13. aliadiere25

aliadiere25 Member

Here's another videos of him dunking. But the big difference back then is he had more space and time because the other team weren't paying all their attention on just Harden. He a better supporting cast back then.... ones that could shoot consistently for the most part.

I guarantee if Harden had decent support and decent shooters, he'd have all that room and time again to dunk and lay it up. The supporting cast he's had in the last 18 months is by far the worst cast he's had in quite some time.

14. fchowd0311

I've posted significant drops in scoring efficiency in the playoffs, his negative value in DBPM etc before also.

Again, if you don't agree with my opinion, address why I'm wrong or ignore me. No more poster drama.

15. aliadiere25

aliadiere25 Member

No. I was posting it to prove something to you. In those dunking videos he has more space and time to get those dunks. Space and time was allowed by a better supporting cast.... a supporting cast that could shoot consistently for the most part.

16. fchowd0311

If you think Kobe had better spacing in his era of play than Harden does, you haven't watched both eras. Nothing in those dunk highlights have you shown that Harden has less space. Harden has more space to operate because the entire league knows his teammates are going to launch threes. Team there point attempts have risen through the roof the past decade.

Opponents don't even bother guarding Harden in the mid range area.

You just showed a dunk highlights reel for Harden. Nothing in that video implies that Harden had less space to operate. Most of those dunks were Harden straight one on one or running the fast break.

17. HP3

HP3 Member

I've discussed those things with you ad nauseum. You only accept evidence which supports your own narrative.

Again discussed wth you ad nauseum. I'll just ignore you maybe. I still think you can be reasonable when Harden isnt involved....maybe lol.

18. fchowd0311

If you think Harden is anywhere in the same realm of finishing ability as Kobe, then I don't know what else to say.

19. aliadiere25

aliadiere25 Member

Did I say Harden could dunk like Kobe could? He obviously can't.

I was making a case that when Harden's surrounded by guys that can actually shoot consistently, he's more than likely to have space and time to drive to the paint, because the other team are not focused on stopping just one guy.

It's not a coincidence he's been getting double teamed from half court way more this season than any other season. The other teams know we don't have decent shooters, so they stop our main threat. They couldn't do it last season or the season before because we had CP3 and a better shooting Gordon and Tucker out there on the floor most nights. Actually, the bench could shoot more consistently than it does this season. House was way more consistent from the 3pt. Rivers was as well.

Spacing is everything. If you give Harden the space to drive into or allow him to shoot his 3pt shot, he's unstoppable. If you double team him from half court, then he's no threat. This is completely on the owner and the general manager for allowing the roster to get where it is.

malakas likes this.
  20. theredbackpack

Harden is injured/hurt/in a funk, whatever, Capela is hurt/in a funk whatever, but MDA's abhorrent adherence to "small ball" is some of the most infuriating coaching I've had to watch, and I defended BOB calling a timeout at 4 and 1 near the goal line. Not to scapegoat the guy but he's cost us at least a few games this season. The game versus Utah was gameplanned and executed well which shows me MDA still has b-ball smarts. But god everyone's performance today...just awful. Everyone except Russ is playing well below their strengths and I feel so bad for Tucker, MDA running him out there every single game at center. It's infuriating. And my word Clint is SOFT. It's not 2016 anymore; Whiteside cooked everyone tonight. Pathetic.

MrSabotage and bro2044 like this.