1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Blazers 1/29/2020

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 29, 2020.

1. Greedydex

Greedydex Member

We got cats writing : how you gone defend a player who just got here over someone, who’s been here?” And cats want to talking about supporting the team? Lmaoooo!! Most of y’all support James Harden and the team 2nd.

fchowd0311 likes this.
  2. aliadiere25

aliadiere25 Member

I'm a Westbrook supporter. He's been great this season. By far our best player in the last month. But this team literally doesn't suit him or Harden at the moment. We have too many inconsistent shooters in our team. When Harden and Westbrook are out there together, it's pretty easy to guard. Now.... if Harden and Westbrook had 3 other decent and consistent shooters out there most nights, Harden doesn't get doubled teamed. He gets back in rhythm much more quickly. But when he's having the ball less due to the half court double teams, he can't find his range or his rhythm.

3. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Harden is a great shooter. Imagine a great shooter like harden moving off the ball complementing Westbrook's aggression to the rim.

But that will never happen.

4. Adam Silver

Adam Silver Member

Sadly the Rockets don't play the Hawks again.

5. aliadiere25

aliadiere25 Member

Watching and supporting are 2 different things. You constantly get on Harden as soon as he has one bad game. You're posting pictures of him 2 months before the season has started to state he's out of shape. Saying we need to ditch his "overweight" ass.

With me, I know Gordon is inconsistent. But I won't post pictures of him out of shape or post videos of him moaning that he's having no fun as soon as he has a bad shooting night. I'm there back supporting him the very next game.

I just want the best for the Rockets. I want us to win a championship. I feel Harden can still give us that championship, despite what you may think.

6. YOLO

YOLO Member

7. fchowd0311

And how does that relate with how Harden performs on the court? You literally just goes a few posts up about how "me not supporting Harden" is effecting him.

At least Gordon is a decent defender when he isn't shooting well and moves his feet and runs when he doesn't have the ball in his hand.

8. HP3

HP3 Member

Im not sure, I dont remember. But hes never played like this in the regular season. Im not about to throw away year's worth of evidence because you have a hate boner for the guy.

9. HP3

HP3 Member

He's being too thick headed right now.

bro2044 likes this.
  10. SORF

SORF Member

They need to send him to get a MRI...something is wrong and Harden is in denial. Get it done Tilman!

bro2044 likes this.
  11. fchowd0311

Because people criticize Harden doesn't mean they hate Harden. They just don't see Harden as the vaunted player at the level of Kobe, Wade, LeBron etc that most posters here have him at.

12. aliadiere25

aliadiere25 Member

Again.... that won't work with the players we have. We're not setup for it. Harden would still get the same amount of double teaming and attention he does now even if he does off the ball movement.... simply because the other teams knows we don't have consistent shooters out there most nights. Look at the difference between Capela and Whiteside tonight. One player helped cover in the paint as soon as their PG/SG got to the rim and other just sagged off and didn't bother to help. Happens most nights with Capela.

You know what would change it? Having a better shooting support for Westbrook and Harden. The other team wouldn't be able to double team Harden from the half court. Having a better defensive center would help with the paint defense. We also need a much taller power forward, due to us sucking at rebounding most nights. Can't expect Capela to get every rebound.

I don't care what you say.... this is on the owner and the general manager for allowing this trash supporting cast to happen.

13. icewill36

icewill36 Member

I feel like all out talent is in the backcourt so there isn't as much balance. PJ gives us nothing, Clint can be taken out of games, house is a SF playing PF, EGo is a SG playing SF.
    I think size would make all the difference for this team. It doesn't even need to be stars just some guys with long ass arms. If our defense was a bit better we could get James going easier. They can't double when they are just trying to get back on D. We played good D tonight in the first quarter and James got it going a bit. It looked like he was about to have a big game.

gfab-babyboi likes this.
  14. fchowd0311

We aren't suited for it precisely because of Harden.

Guys like Mclamore and Gordon would be running around like energizer bunnies on a Warriors style offense.

Crashlanded19 and gfab-babyboi like this.
  15. HP3

HP3 Member

Bro, you are like the main Harden hater on this board, and you come to defend the other Harden hater right now....is well, not surprising.

16. SemisolidSnake

Wow, I missed the game, but that is an ugly box score. I presume James and Clint weren't even close to back to healed just looking at it. Must have been a standard D'Antoni game by the looks of everything. At least Russ's line looks amazing. Glad he's become such a leader.

bro2044 likes this.
  17. aliadiere25

aliadiere25 Member

Again.... Harden doesn't get the help defense when players are driving to the paint most of the time. That's where Capela should come in. I feel he doesn't help his teammates at all in the paint.

Look at the difference. Harden drove in the paint quite a few times in that 2nd half and Whiteside was there to block it. Big difference.

18. fchowd0311

How about you reply to me on the content of my individual posts rather than try to hold a grudge. Stop with this poster drama. Just comment on my actual posts.

19. fchowd0311

Whiteside was at the rim when Westbrook finished over him also. Harden jumped 5 inches off the ground today when he got in the paint.

Harden could always do this when tough defenders are at the rim

You know since hes allegedly as good if not a better scorer than Kobe.

20. aliadiere25

aliadiere25 Member

I doubt it. Gordon had the ball enough tonight and still bricked like hell. Rivers had the ball an awful lot the other night and shot 7/21. He had the ball much less tonight and shot better. So many of our supporting cast don't turn up half the time. We literally don't know what player is going to turn up most nights.

If those guys turned up most nights and shot consistently, the other team couldn't double team Harden from half court. They know by leaving inconsistent shooters wide open, they're going to miss a lot of shots. Double teaming Harden from half court is very smart. I did mention that the other teams would start doing it more and more about 15 games ago. Begs the question of why didn't we start double teaming Lillard as soon as he made a few shots in the 2nd quarter.