1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Blazers 1/29/2020

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 29, 2020.

1. ThatboyPhuong

ThatboyPhuong Member

I wonder why thabo isn’t playing? He probably would help us more than Clint.

2. Greedydex

Greedydex Member

With Russ his fault is trying to hard! I hate the not smart” stigma. Smh

fchowd0311 likes this.
  3. malakas

malakas Member

That's what happens when you have Tucker and Westbrook trying to box out Whiteside.

fchowd0311 likes this.
  4. Magicsaint

Magicsaint Member

Towards the 4 min mark of 2nd quarter Harden absolutely was not playing any defence at all. 2 times his man got easy layups because for some reason Harden just wasn’t interested in keeping track of him. 3rd time Harden committed a turnover and of course that also converted into 3 pt shot because Harden wouldnt get back on defence. Harden just looks disinterested and lethargic. Blazers scored 7 quick points in matter of a minute.

5. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

January has been an eye opening month as a fan of James Harden

bro2044 likes this.
  6. PWR

PWR Member

I'm still thinking about it. I cringed.

7. icewill36

icewill36 Member

Yes without Russ and James. If they played I have no doubt we would not have got so many whistles.

8. Magicsaint

Magicsaint Member

Guy looks completely lost and deranged.

bro2044 likes this.
  9. DeBeards

DeBeards Member

OK, got it, they digging a small hole there and gonna turn around the table in 2nd half to stun us and blazers
    Take it ez

But how they tight up their D:( no magical than tenacious grip on D

10. JackLordsHair66

Fast losing any respect I had for Harden man he is just a black hole of SUCK the last month and I think it's more than injury at this point, would love to be a fly on the way when Tilman is asking Mike and Morey just WTF is wrong with this headcase right now. He isn't entirely the only problem tonight but he is about 90% of it !!!

11. aliadiere25

aliadiere25 Member

Yeah, Harden hasn't been great on the defense, but he's never been the most mobile defender when guarding up against a skilled and fast player. Which is why we would should have doubled teamed Lillard pretty much from the off. He's been in hot form recently, so it makes sense to take away their main threat. We should have doubled teamed Lebron in the Lakers game at home.... and we pretty much let Lebron take off in the 2nd half instead of double teaming him. And this is why I don't rate MDA as a coach.

Gordon and House are just inconsistent as ever. And I don't want to hear people saying its because they're not having the ball much. They've had it plenty but they're just bricking.

I know Harden's defense hasn't been great, but the whole team's defense has been trash. Nobody is switching correctly. The Paint defense isn't great. This is why we need a 7ft strong defensive center and a 6ft 10 defensive power forward who can shoot little.

12. rockets11206

rockets11206 Member

just stfu about the fouls when you allow 41 points in a quarter its the problem. If you have eyes one guy gets past the first defender like an 5th grade defender, , the other guy who helps usually on the beard or on westbrook's man has 3 people to cover near the basket. If you do the math that's 2 points every time

13. macan

macan Member

i've seen enough, trade James Frauden while his value still high

14. malakas

malakas Member

Ok we saw Harden.
    Now sit him.

There's no point in him being out there, he is still injured.

Zboy and Stormy1234 like this.
  15. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Imagine you are a teammate of James Harden and he yells at you for a defensive error. How can you respect that?

bro2044 and malakas like this.
  16. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

It's taking so many possessions for WB to get his points. You think he's having a career night but he has 19 points on 14 shots, a pedestrian night for a scorer. For comparison, Lillard has 25 on 11 shots. If Harden had 19 on 14, we'd be wondering when he's going to catch fire. We need WB to score a lot per possession for him to be a big positive on the team like Harden.

Then again maybe not fair to compare WB to an all time legendary scorer and on court impact player.

Tonight is actually a good night for WB so far, he's been not bad from mid range and hit his only 3. Good thing we're playing against a team that starts Melo and Whiteside.

Wish we had Ariza as a backup at the 3/4 :(

17. bj3175

bj3175 Member

This is the example of star politics. The spirit of the team is way off because the right play is not made. MDA has no say when the stars play. You see how P.J gets into foul trouble because these guys just cant stay connected on defense or have the commitment to do it. We will not win if we dont play for each other. Sefolosha not playing with the small group is a mistake

malakas and DeBeards like this.
  18. Greedydex

Greedydex Member

Coming to this message board has been a real with eye opener for me. Watching cats on this message board find every reason to defend Harden bad play has made me look at his game a lot different. He’s an all time great but damn he has some major flaws to his game.

19. Stormy1234

Stormy1234 Member

PWR and HP3 like this.
  20. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Rockets gotta give a F on D. Situational basketball is trash ect...