1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Raptors @ Rockets 11/27/2012

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 26, 2012.

1. seahawk

seahawk Member

If LAL lose tonight, Hou will be at the 8th spot, at least for now.

2. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Melbourne Tigers aren't due in town anytime soon, but you never know

3. JK1

JK1 Member

I liked the Torocan version better. :grin:

4. gnozahs

gnozahs Member

Damn so they're all going to go to a funeral and then right after that go play a game that same night?! Crazy.

5. iconoclastic

iconoclastic Member

If it wasn't for those few games where the coaches inexplicably told Lin to camp at the 3 point line and Harden to orchestrate the offense, we would be 10-4 right about now.

6. lookabove

lookabove Contributing Member

7. Allegro

Allegro Member

I love it when our guards are dropping lots of dimes, as that means we are really moving the ball.

8. Second_Cousin

Second_Cousin Member

I'll be more conservative: Miami Asik in to get rebound and scone Portland game when Lin was benched inexplicably in OT. Just those two moves alone and we could be 9-5.

9. Allegro

Allegro Member

The celebration tonight wouldn't be so loud if the LOHs hadn't been so vindictive the last few months. Whenever you see a flame war over Lin, chances are excellent that an LOH started it with an ugly comment. Is it so surprising then that Lin's fans come to his defence?

10. pnr

pnr Member

Love the ball movement!! Notice how high assists from our guards always results in us scoring over 100 points? Let's continue moving the ball!

11. Allegro

Allegro Member

Kyle was frustrated because Lin was seriously frustating him. Kyle couldn't do much tonight: couldn't beat Lin off the dribble, couldn't shoot over him, couldn't even use a PnR to shake off the defense, as whenever the Raps forced a switch, Parsons was in Lowry's face. I don't blame KL3 for being frustrated.

12. JK1

JK1 Member

Be careful what you wish for, Clutch will gladly create a lin ghetto within the GARM, lol. Is that what you really want?

13. pnr

pnr Member

From raptors' board:

If you look at his defensive stats, Lin is one of the top defenders in the league at his position. He gets steals without gambling for them, stays in front of his man, makes passes difficult, funnels his man to his bigs, fights over screens, and helps his teammates. It was just an impressive defensive showing by him tonight haunting Lowry and whomever else he was guarding all night. With 2:00 to go in the 3rd with Lin out and Toney Douglas in, it was like an immediate 9-point swing in the Raptors' favor and the offense looked smooth. I wouldn't be so quick to turn on Lowry or the team.

I've noticed this as well. He is underrated defensively.

1 person likes this.
  14. crimmy88

crimmy88 Member

As much as I like Lin, he stinks at fighting over screens imo. Other than that and overhelping (by design perhaps?) his defensive game is solid.

15. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

<br>
    I'm honestly not a Lin hater. If he plays like he did tonight consistently (He doesn't even have to shoot 7/9. And I don't expect him to) I will love having him on the team.

I was and will be critical of him when he warrants it, just like every other player. For now, it seems he had a bad few games to start the season and was playing like a shell of his former self. What bothered me more, was that it was in a way that lacked direction and determination. He seems to have some of that "swagger" of the old Lin back now.

I wanna see him keep it up and prove he was worth that contract. I'm supporting him all the way.

If he continues playing this way and helping the team win he'll probably become an even bigger fan favorite. Because at the end of the day you have to respect the guy's work ethic and desire to improve. That stands for a lot.

16. linvetb6

linvetb6 Member

17. DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver Member

I notice that deficieny too. Lin prefers to go under the screen and often gives the opposing guard an uncontested jumper. Against a good shooting PG, this is going to be a real problem and we got one coming up tomorrow in the OKC game.

18. RedEyesKirby

RedEyesKirby Member

Well it depends if we're gonna go against Westbrook or Westbrick. That guy tends to have bipolar games.

19. Ynnis888

Ynnis888 Member

...just a thought. :grin:

It might be useful for "some" stuff...for things that might not be worth starting a thread. ;)

20. JK1

JK1 Member

Good when the PG is being assertive during critical stretches of the game - I like it. This is something he couldn't really do with Woodson's Knicks for a variety of reasons. Hopefully, Lin gets just a little more ball handling/ play making responsibilites as the season progresses.

Btw, for some reason, I'm liking what they are doing with regards to Parsons handling the ball - it's unorthodox, but could become a valuable asset later... I don't know, maybe the Coaches do have a grand plan - 3 players on the floor that can handle/distribute or drive the basket, and 4 players that can hit the outside jumpers.