1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Raptors @ Rockets 11/27/2012

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 26, 2012.

1. Mr Striker09

Mr Striker09 Member

Rockets has always played well against the Raptors at home. The Raptors always killed the Rockets at their home.

2. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Man! Finally game day.

3. Coog4Rockets

Coog4Rockets Member

I've never liked this concept, especially when a team like Toronto has a bunch of new players and a new coach.

4. The CDN Dream

The CDN Dream Member

Alright so I keep up with the raptors (Im from Canada, its forcefed haha) and tonights going to be a interesting matchup.

Lin Vs Lowry
    Harden Vs Derozen
    Parsons Vs. Mguire
    Pat Vs. Bargs
    Asik Vs Val.

These are the starting lineups but I am very interested to see how the matchups will work seeing as that will be the key to the game.

My projected matchups for us playing defence:
    Lin on Lowry
    Harden on Derozen
    Parsons on Bargs
    Pat/4's on Mguire/kleiza
    Asik on Val/johnson/gray

I have a feeling that Lowry is going to bring it tonight and go off on Lin. Not because of the history but because the raps have been losing close ones and lowry (due to his competitive nature) has been visibly getting frusterated.

Harden on Derozen... nothing special to note here. Derozen will look to drive and get harden in foul trouble.

Parsons on Bargs... I feel this will help us as Bargs can stretch the floor. I feel parsons will be good because he can play bargs on the outside well. This matchup can also work for patterson.

Pat/4's on Mguire.... yes i spelt his name wrong but he is the primary wing defender for the raptors and thats basically it. Having our pf's cover him will help us in a way that they can help parsons of bargs posts up.

Asik Val....... this is the x factor matchup. Val has the speed and asik has the strength. Val playing close to the net helps us because it keeps asik as a paint protector. But val CAN hit the midrange. I feel that Asik will do very well in this defesnive matchup if he keeps up with Val's energy.

My projected matchups for us playing offence/ raps guarding us:
    Lin vs Lowry
    Harden vs Mguire
    Parsons vs Demar
    Pat/4's vs. Bargs
    Asik on Val/johnson/gray

Harden imo will have mguire guard him. Harden will destroy him. This could interchange throughout the game with demar taking turns. In this case, derozen needs to work on lateral quickness, so harden will hurt him their

Nothing special to note with the other matchups.

On another note, the raptors bench has capable players in johnson, calderon, kleiza and davis. Johnson can Davis can be a handfull in the frontcourt because of their defence and rebounding capabilities. Calderon is horrible on D but can run the second unit on offense well.

I feel that the key to the game is how each coach uses his lineups to the best advantage. The versatility of Parsons gives us an advantage on both ends as we can switch on defence for more favourable outcomes. The game can also be decided on which raptor players show up. Will it be the andrea who makes smart decisions and his shot is falling or mr. 2-19, 0-7 3's, 2rbs and no energy. Will the refs show up that give demar calls (like when he dropped 40 on us) or will it be the refs who wont give demar calls(he has been playing very aggressive but has not been getting calls... regardless this does not deter him and this is a major improvement from last season.)

Sorry for the spelling. Typed fast + sprained finger + no time to edit = horrible editing. haha

5. DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver Member

This is going to be an interesting game tonight. We have the Lowry fans who wanted Lowry to "embarrass" Lin. We have the LOFs who want to Lin to "embarrass" Lowry. Then there is everyone else.

Go Rockets. Make it three in a row.

6. cjtaylorpt

cjtaylorpt Member

Lowry gets 30/12/5/3 in a loss. Rockets win 103 to 95.

The game lasts for 146 minutes from tip off to last second.

7. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

Can anyone point to a post that actually implies that They want Lowry to dominate Lin? We're all Rockets fans here, right?

8. JK1

JK1 Member

This thread will be interesting too, lol.

9. nono

nono Member

Hopefully after tonight the Lowry nut huggers will crawl back to their caves for a little while.

10. JK1

JK1 Member

Patience. It will come, lol.

11. PinkTacos

PinkTacos Member

Honestly, I hope neither point guard outplays the other and its just a stalemate so there won't be all these knee jerk threads after the game. I just want a Rockets win.

12. DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver Member

You'd think it's a no-brainer.

If you read some of the hatred spewed by the LOHs these days, you almost think that Lin is still playing for the Knicks. :rolleyes:

13. JK1

JK1 Member

Say what??

14. MOFvsLOF

MOFvsLOF Member

There're LOFs, Lowry Only Fans.

15. shortfuse3

shortfuse3 Member

Lowry's line:

38 pts 12 assts 11 rebounds

16. rtsy

rtsy Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p><a href="https://twitter.com/search/%23Rockets">#Rockets</a> will wear green band on jerseys 2nite. Daddy's lil girl wore 32 on HS jersey. Green fave color. Celtic pride. <a href="https://twitter.com/search/%23McHale">#McHale</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/search/%23RedNation">#RedNation</a></p>&mdash; Howard Chen (@ho_chenCSN) <a href="https://twitter.com/ho_chenCSN/status/273484699563859968" data-datetime="2012-11-27T17:53:28+00:00">November 27, 2012</a></blockquote>
    <script src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

17. rokit

rokit Member

lin's line:

138 pts 0 assts 3 rebounds

fg 52/108

18. JK1

JK1 Member

I read somewhere, his coach told him to shoot his way out of his then-current slump.

19. Lihao

Lihao Member

made a bet , houston -5.00@1.78 , hope our guy go and win me some money today :cool:

20. yunac010

yunac010 Member

I don't care who embarrasses who as long as it's a Rockets win. Though of course I'd prefer that none of the Rockets get embarrassed.

Really looking forward to seeing Jonas Val and DMo on the court together.