1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Raptors @ Rockets 11/11/2013

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 10, 2013.

1. justbuckets

justbuckets Member

I agree. You get to see him pick up his dribble a bit less this season, and I think he's aware that he picks up the dribble too often too.

2. N/A

N/A Member

Lin had 2 unofficial assists but they're not "official" so he had 0. This is because he was a SG today while Harden was the PG. His 10 assists kinda proves that...I don't really understand how people can get on Lin when he was asked to play a different style than his game and he's actually playing well as a SG in just a year. Despite the numbers he has there are STILL people who whine and moan. Good grief.

3. markusbrutus

markusbrutus Member

I can tell that Lin has been doing his homework as far as developing his weaknesses goes.

He now has a left hand. His jumpers has been more fluid and consistent.

I think he needs to work on those jump and dont know what to do turn overs though.

Other than that i am glad he worked to better himself this off season.

I just wish we could say the same to our other players.

4. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Rockets are struggling out there and poor 3 point shooting is a big problem. If Casspi and Garcia are hitting their shots, we are a much better team. Individually Casspi certainly played okay today, but as a team we need to get out of this 3 point shooting slump.

That's true, but I would like to see some consistency with his shooting. In our system, the starting PG should be able to knock down some open shots.

Beverly is playing well in other facets of the game, with his defense, rebounding, and low TOV% (17%) as opposed to Lin's, which is around 22% (second highest on the team after Omer Asik lol, not sure how or why Omer is turning it over so much lol.

5. AvgJoe

AvgJoe Contributing Member

You know how I know Harden is the real PG? He had 10 AST this game and our so called PGs had 0 combined!

6. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Yes they will ,,damn show some freaking patients. It took the Heat damn near 20 games to build chemistry. Plus we were banged up too. I guess you forgot Harden, Parson, Casspi and Lin played hurt.

7. l4z4rd

l4z4rd Member

Indeed. Lin has had to change his style of play with every team/head coach he's been with.

From Reddit

8. yummyhawtsauce

lol Lin will be the most complete PG someday having to have played so many styles. Will make him more well-rounded -which is a good thing.

9. OremLK

OremLK Member

I honestly think Harden has been hurt and/or sick the whole regular season so far.

10. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Great gutsy grind out win last night.
    Player of the Game: J Lin

We need to really work on our freethrows.

Cut down on the turnovers.

3 point shooting has been horrible these last 3 games.

This should have been an easy blowout win.

11. Rip Van Rocket

Rip Van Rocket Contributing Member

Only one thing worries me about this team. Dwight's free throw shooting. Everything else can improve as the season goes along.

Dwight hasn't shot better than 60% from the free throw line since his rookie season in 2004-2005. He hasn't shot better than 50% since the 2010-2011 season. If we think that he is suddenly going to start making free throws we are kidding ourselves.

The Rockets need to do everything possible to help Dwight get this problem corrected. Hire Rick Barry to teach him the underhand method, hire a shrink to work with Dwight, do whatever it takes to get Dwight to make free throws.

This season will end in disaster if Dwight can't make free throws. Games in the NBA regularly come down to making free throws at the end of games.

Please Rockets, don't just sit back and hope for the best. Do something now and pull out all the stops.

#2991 Rip Van Rocket, Nov 12, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2013
  12. YusufArslan

YusufArslan Member

Finally some positive comments about our Rockets. We are a great team, i have no doubt that we will see a great playoff SERÄ°ES this year. We cant win it all but we will be in 2 or 3 years.

13. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

Absolutely. If D12 cannot hit fts within the 5th and 2nd minute of the final quarter, he shouldn't be in the game in that span of time. The Rockets will not win tight games when D12 misses 4 out of 6 fts and the other team comes down and hits 3s against us.

14. htown1984

htown1984 Member

Man this team is missing a deadly shooter from the outside so bad..
    Garcia, Casspi all of them were on a hot streak during preaseason, but unfortunately pre-season doesnt count..

Clippers have 2 of them.. Crawford and Reddick (Both which have hurt us
    already)

Im not sure how much Stephen Jackson has left in the tank, but i do
    remember him being deadly.. I think he is still a free-agent..

What other options do you think are avaialble.. ?

1 person likes this.
  15. BonziWellsGOAT

Our 3 point shooting has to get better sooner or later right?......right?

16. yummyhawtsauce

Yea it will be fine. Garcia is a good shooter, he should come back soon. Casspi I don't know really how good he is, but I would imagine he would eventually start hitting his too. Lin is the only consistent one. I think Bev is shooting the 3 alright too.

17. l4z4rd

l4z4rd Member

Bev is shooting 26.1% from downtown.

18. torocan

torocan Member

Beverley is currently shooting 34.1% FG% and 26.1% 3pt%.

So, no... not unless you consider 26.1% to be "alright". Though it wouldn't be horrible if he could switch his FG% and 3pt%.. :p

19. htown1984

htown1984 Member

Yea the 3 point shot was fallng in the preaseason, thats how we were looking
    like title contenders.. They have not been falling during the season. I hope Garcia comes back to form.., If we can start to hit that 3 with consistenty
    we would be unstoppable.. We would have blown out the lakers and Clippers,
    if that 3 would have been falling.. I think this team will be alright.. once
    they start to fall..

20. yummyhawtsauce

Oh really? I guess his few bad games really brought his FG down. lol even if it switched, his normal FG of 26.1% would be atrocious for a starting guard.