1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Clutchfans Game Thread] Preseason: Rockets vs Mavericks 10/17/06

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rockets2K, Oct 16, 2006.

1. hotblooded

hotblooded Member

i became a member wiith my 64th posts, is that normal???

2. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

road games are with Air BUll

3. seth66

seth66 Member

:eek:

4. cenbo416

cenbo416 Contributing Member

It has been a luxury to see Yao and TMAC together on the court.

5. brantonli24

brantonli24 Member

I was extremely surprised when I posted a new thread that I had become a member! I was totally unexpecting it! Thank you Clutchfans, this is truly one of the best sites in the world.

6. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

So, is Yao really playing today? :confused: :eek: :)

7. hotblooded

hotblooded Member

Nice Nice

but yeah didnt know that everything is 20% off when you become a member on Clutchfans :p

8. Rulow00

Rulow00 Member

GO ROX!! I hope Yao has a good game tonight. All we need is for Bonzi to join the team soon.

9. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

If anyone is also a member of streamTVnow, please post in my request thread about this game.

Here is the thread

I would like to hear the Rockets announcers if possible.

Thanks,

DD

10. CMHouston

CMHouston Member

Anyone else gonna be at the game tonight? If so, where are you sitting? My wife and I will be in section 111.

11. Rockets kupo

Rockets kupo Member

Three pages already and the game doesn't start for a few hours. :eek:

Josh Howard will become a problem. I want to see how many shots he takes tonight..

12. kpsta

kpsta Contributing Member

Not sure if they show pre-season games... but I remember going to Aussie's (sports bar kinda place over on Riverside near Congress) to see reg season games when I lived up there.

13. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

Your promotion is theoretically based on how valuable a contribution you make to the quality of the board.

If you make good posts and in general behave yourself and act maturely...then you are upgraded from rookie quicker than others who act like they are still on the ESPN boards.

for any others wondering why they are still rookies::

there is no timeframe for how long it takes to be promoted...all you can do is to keep making good posts(no quick spam-like posts)...act civilized and fair towards your fellow members..and hope you get noticed for the quality of your posts by the only person that matters when it comes to this...Clutch.

(actually, CLutch is a busy guy...so he may take recommendations from the Crew...but I dont know this for sure..it just makes sense)

Roster questions

obviously...all we can go by are the ROckets own injury report/news from rockets.com...so as it stands right now...YES YAO IS PLAYING.

also..the injury report does not have Dirk listed...but there has been a newspaper report that says Dirk may not play till Thurs.

I guess we wont really know till gametime.

14. hotblooded

hotblooded Member

Having Dirk play is much more useful as we can rotate to see or at least get a feel as to who can/should defend him come regular season

if he doesnt play I really dont want Yao and Tmac lodging in huge minutes, but I think this is the perfect time to give the rest of the bench some experience,

We know what thee starters can do

now lets have a look at what the rest can do

15. sparky

sparky Member

Yeah my wife is going to be there with me tonight I am in section 111 as well row U. :)

16. Seven

Seven Contributing Member

I miss Yao so much, but I would like to see how our offense works out with him in the game. It looks like he's going to be the trailer in the offense if we keep up what we're doing. I like how we could control the tempo of the game more effectively now--either fullcourt where our gaurds are running, or halfcourt where everything revolves around Yao. Also, chuck hayes at center seems to be working fine.

17. Seven

Seven Contributing Member

Yes! Im a member! Thank You. :)

18. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

unlike in the currently active Tibet thread going in D&D (btw...warning you in advance, dont take it personally and read all of my response ;)) I totally agree with you.

I want to see Dallas' best players on the court in the first half...I want to see how our main guys do against a GOOD team rather than the detritus of the NBA we have faced the last two games.

I still expect good stuff...tho we might not get out to such a good lead like last times since we have a new element thrown in to the game...the guys gotta learn how to mixup the fast pace they have set previously with having Yao on the court.

should be interesting thats for sure.

19. hotblooded

hotblooded Member

AhAHAh I am sorry

i read the first page, didnt think you commented, and I guess I just assumed that the seond, third and fourth page will follow the same trend, let me go back to read it now

20. Yaozer

Yaozer Member

Could this be a preview of the WCF featuring the bench players? I predict a huge 4th quarter show by V-Span to make up for his disappointing Hawks game.

Hayes out with 6 fouls in the first 3 minutes, JL3 will make his 3 pts this game.
    Also, MORE smiles from JVG... is it just me or does his smiles look scary?

Someone better not step on Yao's toe, if so I expect some of our Rockets fans.. at least the ones sittin in section 111(?) to storm the court and tackle that player who does so.

Too bad they never play Rocket games on local channels much, especially Preseason. Hopefully our some of our senior members will Torrent it? ^_^
    Oh my, I'm getting goosebumps already. I've probably watched the Hawks game at least 15 times, I've memorized the game.