1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Pelicans @ Rockets 12/18/2014

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 18, 2014.

1. roxallways

roxallways Member
    Supporting Member

It was a disappointing loss, but I think a lot of people are overreacting. Rox had next to nothing tonight which caused poor execution for them tonight. They have spoiled us being so good in backed to backs but this was a bad back to back situation.

2. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

I just hope DMo's injury does not prove to be more serious than it appears right now. #prayinghard

3. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

That's not what Phil Jackson said, who came up with this term for Denver games.

4. omgTHEpotential

Rocketman7 you're acting like a child.

5. Buzzlite

Buzzlite Member

Well thanks for educating me bud haha! I still don't agree with those acting as this is the end of the world...Teams drop games, dwelling on it and bashing the team doesn't really do much in my honest opinion

6. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

I'm not for excuses, but c'mon. This wasn't a back-to-back. It was more like a 2-in-1 with the turnaround being this quick. What kind of a-hole NBA scheduler makes the team play a 9:30 game one night and a 7:30 game the next?

Does anyone seriously think the Rockets would've looked that lifeless in the 4th had this game been played tomorrow instead of today? That being said, they better play well the rest of this homestand as the Hawks and Blazers(albeit sans Lopez) are no joke.

7. vstexas09

vstexas09 Contributing Member

most likely a knee jerk, but why do we struggle against teams with superstars?

haven't been able to beat cp3, steph, now AD.

i feel like we play small against these teams

8. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Not really that weighted since the team we lost to isn't probably making the playoffs (barring some major injury) what we lost 2 division games so far? Dallas has it worse.

9. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

Still we needed the secure the win last night vs. risking the loss last night and then this game tonight.

As I said, we've not proven we can beat this NOP team even when we're rested or healthy.

10. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

It's really a miracle that Rockets can win so many games with the poor lineup.
    But Morey, please don't expect your team to be miraculous every game!!!

11. Hwon

Hwon Member

38.4% shooting/24.6% from 3pt/-2 rebounds

No mystery here. That's fatigue and shooting/rebounding with no legs. Everyone calm down.

12. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

Tell that to the Spurs

13. CrashTheBoards

It's this simple. Our division is the toughest in the league. Something like going on a 3-4 game losing streak can put you from first to last (you never know, what if the Pelicans win 5 in a row?).

Also, we have that Pelicans pick. Losing to them hurts our stock. It's too bad this game was not yesterday and the Nuggets game today. Oh well.

14. ggeorge115

ggeorge115 Member

not just that they freaking put an away game and then a home game. its understandable if it was 2 back to back home games but still... sucked ass

15. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

The only thing is ..

with Davis winning the head to head with Harden, does this dampen James' MVP campaign?

Media can point to this game and say AD can do more than Harden.

16. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Also, Head 2 Head comes before division record. So again, we have 3 games left with the Pelicans.

We have one game up on the Spurs and Mavs and are split with the Grizz. We should not be fretting about our division record just yet.

Either ways, this is the west. There is no gimme playoff series. I'm telling you guys, just get in healthy is all that matters.

17. CrashTheBoards

I agree. I just wish we could flip these two games because it would have given the Rockets an extra 3 hours to rest (factoring in OT)

18. Progs

Progs Member

I hate how many more post ups D12 gets than DMO.

1 person likes this.
  19. Zergling

Zergling Member

100% correct. We were NOT healthy going into the playoffs. Beverley had knee surgery and Dwight was banged up going into the series.

20. Rockets1994

Rockets1994 Member

Obviously in hindsight it makes sense, but kinda wish we just rested harden and ariza tonight. Both looked gassed