1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Pelicans @ Rockets 12/18/2014

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 18, 2014.

1. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

They should be totally exhausted, but I still believe. Let's get it.

2. tim562

tim562 Contributing Member

Your right, this is gonna be brutal for our hometown guys

3. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

The game was in Denver, which is an hour behind Houston. It was an 8:30 tip-off in Denver, which is normal for Mountain/Pacific games.

4. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Yeah, one thing I didn't mention about that T'Wolves/Suns B2B was that Phoenix had played the night before as well. That's unfortunately not the case with New Orleans. They're well rested. But like I said, they're lousy on the road(4-9), so even an exhausted Rockets team stands a chance.

5. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

This is a game where the bench, including Daniels, need to rise to the occasion and help out. 7 bench points yesterday is not acceptable.

6. airbulllard

airbulllard Contributing Member

The bench needs to be big tonight. Last night was atrocious.

I know Johnson is a rookie and he needs experience/seasoning, but good God.. He was terrible last night. Awful turnovers, botched layups, fouling.. All rookie mistakes I guess.

But my point is, how bad is Troy Daniels that he can't get minutes at back up SG over Nick Johnson? How can you be that bad... I don't understand.

7. Progs

Progs Member

Rockets win easily. D12 shuts down the brow.

8. TexasRedd

TexasRedd Member

The Rockets are not in a position to rest players. We need every W we can get. Could be the difference between home court and going on the road in the first round.

9. rocketsmetalspd

Rockets will gut this win out. Wonder IF any trade gets done before or after the game.

10. RocketsJumer

RocketsJumer Member

I think we can win this game. Davis/Asik will be tough but hopefully the guys are resting up, and we find our three point shot tonight.

Probably start off slow but slowly get back in the game. Gotta protect home court!

11. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

You are our pride. We believe you can do it again! Go Houston Rockets!

12. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

Back2backs should always be home and home.

13. Indaface

Indaface Member

Will Terry be back?

14. Rockets FTW

Rockets FTW Member

Yes. Just missed the one game for his wife's giving birth.

15. archinkent

archinkent Member

Aren't the Pelicans bottom of the league in points allowed per possession? That should work in our favour.

16. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Anyone heard if Dwight is playing tonight?

17. CrashTheBoards

He will guard Asik. Asik will most likely neutralize Dwight as he will be playing him very physically. D-Mo will be guarding Davis. Davis has a lot of length and athleticism. If D-Mo produces today like he has been then he deserves to be an all star, because Davis is the DPOY.

Anthony Davis PER is 33.61, damn.

http://espn.go.com/nba/player/_/id/6583/anthony-davis

No easy buckets tonight. The Pelicans are rested while the Rockets played 18 hours before this game in OT. I predict our shots will be short and flat. The Pelicans know they can shut down the inside game of any team so there perimeter defenders have one job, contest every 3.

18. Hwon

Hwon Member

Here is the problem. Daniels isn't a ball handler. He played listed as a guard, but he developed as a 3 in VCU's four guard system. So hes underdeveloped at the 2 not to mention undersized. With Terry not traveling and Canaan extremely limited it fell on Johnson to rotate with Harden and Bev to run the point.

19. XxTCNxX

XxTCNxX Member

Easy win DMo will shine tonight

20. CrashTheBoards

The Pelicans are the 4th worst team in defensive efficiency and the 5th best team in offensive efficiency. How they managed that while starting Tyreke Evans is amazing. It says Davis is really efficient. Also, they only take wide open threes as they don't have any good shooters outside of Andersen, Babbit, and Holiday.

The Rockets are 20th in offense and 2nd in defense. So if we win this game it will be how we have been winning our games this year. On our defense.

http://espn.go.com/nba/hollinger/teamstats