1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Pelicans @ Rockets 10/26/2019

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Oct 26, 2019.

1. Dopamine

Dopamine Member

In what world is Harden's stat line good in any way, shape or form. Please enlighten me, it's absolutely ghastly.

BasketMAD, PeterKingX and jboslett like this.
  2. TilmanFinancialWindfall

Morey needs to trade for Ingram

3. bj3175

bj3175 Member

he is trying to out offense guys. However I think Russel will start holding him accountable

4. Mr. Space City

Rockets went from having only 1 MVP, to adding an MVP, and still only having only 1 MVP o_O

5. TilmanFinancialWindfall

Relax, it's one game. Harden had 29 points. Good game and helped team win

Severe Rockets Fan likes this.
  6. roslolian

roslolian Member

Great job by WB who knew he would be a good player if he stopped stat hunting? Morey def hit that trade out of the park can't believe we got rid of old ass Cp3 and got a stud in return.

Ironically, the players who need to pick up their game now are Harden and Mr. Fun EG. 2 ass games in a row, these guys need a slap to the face to wake up. As for Dumbtoni I have totally given up on him that dude doesnt know what he is doing. Nice to know Tillman didnt extend him so he can get sacked after this season. We wont win a ring with pringles at the helm, that's for sure.

hakeem94, BigShasta and xtruroyaltyx like this.
  7. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

THATS NOT WHAT AN EGO IS lol

8. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

True.

His bad games are definitely different than some other star bad games. The appearance of being down, lacking effort, trying to manipulate the refs and in turn having dumb turnovers is not a good look.

Hes really got to stop worrying about the refs and play hard all game. If he does that his talent will do the rest.

PeterKingX likes this.
  9. Roomba

Roomba Member
    Supporting Member

Ok...so that was not a great game against a shorthanded and young team, though they deserve credit for their scrappiness and game plan.

Westbrook is exceeding my high expectations so far...and James is falling far behind them. That said, I expect a great game for him next game and I have no doubt he’ll deliver.

I was worried EGo tweaked his knee on that late and-1, but thankfully it looks like he’s ok.

If the Rockets could play every defensive possession with at least the effort they showed in the 4th today, this team will be above-average on that end.

The Rockets have got to wake up and stop playing like they’re owed wins. They’re not. But I hope Russ’ attitude will be Beverley-esque and start to rub off on everyone. I could already see hints of it in the 4th.

10. aliadiere25

aliadiere25 Member

He did allow Westbrook to have more of the ball in the final quarter, so hopefully that sets a trend.

11. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Jesus I hope this is just a minor slump/nerves by harden he doesnt look like himself at all.

Mazulis likes this.
  12. gumbleton3

gumbleton3 Member

He helped the team win?

13. MONON

MONON Member

Rockets win & Stros lead 8-1 in 7th. Great day in Houston!!

DreamShook, RocketWalta and CRJ713 like this.
  14. aliadiere25

aliadiere25 Member

Lol at all these people asking to trade Harden and asking for him to go **** himself. These are the same people who go into hiding when Harden carries to the team. These are the same people who secretly kiss his ass when things are going well.

jcf, clutchdabear, DreamShook and 2 others like this.
  15. Dopamine

Dopamine Member

Are you ****ing kidding me?? Dude almost single handily shot his team out of the game, had more TO's than assists & was looking like a slow footed 65 yr old with chronic arthritis on defense.

BasketMAD and xtruroyaltyx like this.
  16. J.R.

J.R. Member

17. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

If Harden wakes up and Westbrook plays like this, they can beat anyone on a given night. If they do all three, they can be the best team in the league.

What bothers me is that they took the Pelicans lightly after blowing a 16-point halftime lead in the opener. Same thing that plagued them last season, and unless it changes, they will have a similar early flame out in the playoffs.

IvanLCPM, hakeem94, BasketMAD and 3 others like this.
  18. icewill36

icewill36 Member

The bright side is we won tonight and almost won the last game with key players shooting awful. I have to believe they won’t be shooting this bad all year.

I’m a little worried about James just because he doesn’t seem engaged. EGO at least is just missing shots in the flow. James acting like he’s playing at the Y against some dad bods.

19. bj3175

bj3175 Member

that's how analytics can fool you

20. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Harden’s gotta be better. Plain and simple. Tonight was one of the worst games I can remember him playing.

GotGame15, Mazulis and Vivi like this.