1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Pacers @ Rockets 3/27/2013

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Mar 26, 2013.

1. cw3k

cw3k Member

How is putting Lin back in the game with5 minutes left and down by 11 a bad thing? This by itself is not a bad thing IF Lin is warm. Lin has been benching the whole game.

http://popcornmachine.net/cgi-bin/gameflow.cgi?date=20130327&game=INDHOU

Played 7 minutes on the 1st quarter and benched until begin on the 2nd half. Another 7 minutes and send back in with 5 minutes left.

Honestly, wtf is McHale thinking? Is he done toying his moronic rotations?

2. hotballa

hotballa Contributing Member

I just realized my post was spot on except i picked the wrong inside guy for the pacers.

3. hotballa

hotballa Contributing Member

Repped. I dont put the blame on harden though, he has no direction from the coaching staff other than to continue putting up shots

4. PhiSlamma

PhiSlamma Member

Thanks.

I'm not solely blaming Harden for things. As you said, the coaching staff is giving him the green light to play like this so he is following that lead.

But there were a few people on here trying to play games after the loss, blaming Lin or doing the "6 + 6 = 12" thing. Or blaming "starters" since they could not just blame Lin given Harden's poor shooting.

The "reasoning" being used by those people wasn't sound. I just wanted to point that out, as Torocan already had done.

When McHale put Lin back in, the game was for all intents and purposes over. Why did McHale put Lin back in then? I don't know.

"Sophistry" is an English word meaning this:

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/sophistry

In other words, the argument SEEMS valid, but it isn't. It's usually some simplistic version of an argument that breaks down once you really examine it.

Don't fall for sophistry.

5. Pete the Cheat

after seeing some of this guys others posts I am suprised he was able to come to the correct total. good for you kiddo.

1 person likes this.
  6. Roxs

Roxs Member

Since the 3 TO things keeps getting repeated in this thread, I don't feel bad about reposting my own post from another thread.

7. CCM721

CCM721 Member

That wasn't the guys point at all. He was saying the game was already over and McHale was just putting Lin in to avoid criticism.

8. Rockets12

Rockets12 Member

I seriously want to know why it has turned out to be a Lin vs harden war. There's no question on who is the better player. And if you think it's Lin.....then you're crazy.

9. javajam

javajam Contributing Member

It's not about who the better player is...just the way they are being asked to contribute. Coaching staff has no choice but to experiment so I can't blame them too much for miscues. James and Jeremy are trying to figure the right things to do. My only thought is that James needs to trust Jeremy more.

10. otisthorpe3

otisthorpe3 Member

Lin with already 2 TO in first quarter of Memphis game, leading to easy points. History repeats itself.