1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Pacers @ Rockets 2/27/2017

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Feb 27, 2017.

1. Zergling

Zergling Member

The Brewer for Williams trade was still a stroke of genius, but you can see why we're desperately in need of 3&D wings.

Ramo$e and Purvis2Short like this.
  2. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Bottom line is our game is predicated on 3's and jacking tons of them. When we make them we look good, it reduces the need for offensive boards and allows us to get back on defense.

We suck at rebounding and defending the paint. Pure and simple. Opposition team usually has tons of 2nd chance points cause we can't grab a ****ing rebound

Ramo$e, Stormy1234 and Purvis2Short like this.
  3. Purvis2Short

Purvis2Short Member

My opinion hit a nerve bish

4. Purvis2Short

Purvis2Short Member

Frustration is from regular season success not translating to playoff success. There is a trend with our losses, poor shooting, lazy defense, poor rebounding....if these losses where random, you would not here so many people angry about last night's effort.

Ramo$e likes this.
  5. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

I don't recall the Rockets being THIS bad at defending and rebounding prior to these last 2 games. They had off nights for sure, especially in that stretch in late January where they struggled to keep anyone under 120 points. But this seems to be a lack of effort. I think that Pelicans game(and even to a lesser extent, the Minnesota win) inflated their egos. They bought into the notion that with Williams now on the team, they can simply outscore everyone. I hope last night was a much needed wakeup call. Aside from the Warriors, no team in the NBA can rely entirely on their offense to win games.

6. vtjsr2

vtjsr2 Member

This is disappointing. I really thought we could pull off another 10-game winning streak. This is an upcoming tough slate of games, and hope we can get it turned around.

A part of me fears that we won't do anything with this cap room.

Purvis2Short and Stormy1234 like this.
  7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Just one loss

8. Purvis2Short

Purvis2Short Member

You're naive and ignorant

9. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

"Just one terrible 2 month shooting stretch"

10. ballgame

ballgame Member

HAS ANYBODY SEEN JAMES HARDEN'S SHOT?? IT'S BEEN MISSING SINCE BEFORE THE ALL-STAR GAME.

11. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

I didn't watch the whole game but, from what I did watch, that was ugly. All I saw was Indiana players making tons of layups and the Rockets having zero interior defense. And, Rockets just wildly jacking 3s and missing most of them. I'm upset. I'M UPSET!

12. Rox11

Rox11 Member

You can tell James is differing too much since we got Lou and almost rightfully so because we always get off to hot starts but then by the time James needs to kick it in his shot is cold, also why is Indiana always whipping us?

13. Ramo$e

Ramo$e Member

What makes me upset is...

ok I understand you gotta get back on defense after a miss but we are never in position to get second chance points. We never box out fighting for position, its like they expect every shot to fall.

There was no fight. McMillan said give them one shot and they literally did give us one opportunity at the start of our possessions.......... we accepted that and didnt fight for positions. It not so much about height as it is positioning.

#1273 Ramo$e, Feb 28, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2017
    FTW Rockets FTW likes this.
  14. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Lou is not a good defender.

Stormy1234 likes this.
  15. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

need Chuck Hayes and Shane Battier

Ramo$e likes this.
  16. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

These 3 guard lineups are pretty high risk/high reward. the risk is losing out on rebounds, the reward is scoring too much for the opposition to keep up.

didn't feel like the rockets were in rhythm last night, missing a lot of open looks at 3. never got a decent run going. pacers just another eastern conference team that seems to have our goat too, what up with that? them, the heat, the celtics, the raptors, the wizards...always seems to be a slobberknocker for no damn reason.

Stormy1234 and Ramo$e like this.
  17. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Not sure what that has to do with playing good basketball.

Stormy1234 likes this.
  18. Ramo$e

Ramo$e Member

Rockets and Morey should know better than anybody that rebounding translates in to extra possessions. Thats the whole reason we play uptempo for more opportunities but if we not rebounding and missing our initial shots we are basically giving them more looks at the basket.

Rebounding = Extra Possessions

Hell paging the Chuck Wagon he fights for boards, even Landry undersized ass fought for boards!

That team with Scola/Landry/Hayes rebounded better than this current team, its a shame.

vtjsr2 and Stormy1234 like this.
  19. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

20. Rockets Pride

Rockets Pride Member

We were 10 point favs against the Heat and now the Pacers at home recently. And we flat out lost both. That worries me.

Purvis2Short, Ramo$e and vtjsr2 like this.