1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Pacers @ Rockets 2/27/2017

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Feb 27, 2017.

1. AuburnRocket

AuburnRocket Contributing Member

Just FWIW...Clint had 1 Off RB and 6 Def RB in 4 more minutes and his game stunk as well.

2. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

Get raped on TV by a scrub team……

What a show.

James Harden played like a 35yrs old.

Stormy1234 likes this.
  3. threepointshot3

d Ca
    Clint actually started well tonight and was one of the reason for the good start so i'm not sure why he was limited.

AuburnRocket likes this.
  4. AuburnRocket

Very good assessment IMO.

5. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

I'm sure he's used to it.

Those tendencies have been a staple of Houston Rockets teams for the past decade

6. AuburnRocket

He was one of 3 players who were PLUS but as pointed out he gets outmuscled a lot. He does go for Def rebounds though.

7. PhiSlamma15

PhiSlamma15 Member

I compare all this with the Rockets to the Texans heading to the playoffs expecting the Texans #1 Defense to overcome Brock's decencies against the Patriots hoping and praying..with the Ros it's the reverse having the #2 Offense but somewhat the same feeling keeping fingers crossed

8. Rodman23

Rodman23 .GIF

not a contender imo

9. AuburnRocket

Agree with you...he was one of the reasons for the good start. MDA & Harden nailed it....it was a TICKER problem tonight IMO just like the Heat game.

10. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

He's trying to light a fire not for just his teammates but for himself too. There's a such thing as bad machups, losses happen. This board is filled to the brim with fickle cry baby never happy fans. We get bigs they want smalls we get small they want bigs, lol its silly. We're winning over all I mean could be worse we could be Knicks fans. I honestly thought we werent gonna make the playoffs this year judging how we played last year and we're 3rd seed meanwhile dudes are crying about how we're too soft inside. Maybe its the fans who are are too soft inside.

#1170 SF3isBack!!, Feb 27, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2017
    JayGoogle likes this.
  11. Rocketeer4Life

Rockets still have 2 big holes to fill asap:
    1) a bruiser rebounder/screener
    2) a starting small forward to replace Ariza's offensive liability and overrated defense

12. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Pacers beat the Cavs this year they must not be Contenders, lol, you guys are silly and ofcourse we're not gonna beat the Warriors this year, you guys are delusional too, lol.

13. valorita

valorita Member

1. We really need a defensive and rebounding big

2. Anyone including Harden should not have the green light to chuck unless wide open as we now have too many good shooters to play that way

3. Harden needs to initate the offense much much faster as he barely squeezes into the 16 second mark past halfcourt and often doesn't initiate action until the 11sec mark. This is just lazy.

4. We really need an upgrade at backup wing defender.

I think we are two Chandlers (Tyson and Wilson) away from being in that SA/CLE tier.

14. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Coach said the same thing, with Feigen even saying he "strongly called the team out." I have a feeling the whole team feels that why.

I don't have a problem with a team's best player saying what likely the whole team feels. We should check out all the post-game player pressers at rockets.com to hear what they say.

D-rock, Stormy1234 and SF3isBack!! like this.
  15. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I agree, the Rockets lacked fight tonight. I'm just saying over an 82 game season t happens. Pop even admits some nights his team plays like crap.

Pacers are so long though and so many good perimeter defenders, that's a problem for us. Not sure how we are going to fix this issue for next season , this season though...games like this suck. We are reliant on that outside shooting.

The only way around it is Harden driving and slashing more and some nights he's just not up for it.

16. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

Getting raped on natinal TV, you call it knee jerk? LOL

17. AuburnRocket

Every trip down the court...it's like 4 players around the arc and the C comes out to pick on the perimeter (if we haven't already fired up an incredibly quick 3)....so when the 3 goes up there are NO REBOUNDERS. We settle for the easier 3 nearly every time. No penetrators except Harden mainly and Gordon. Ryno...uh no, Ariza...uh hell no ! Play with back to the basket....Clint ...uh no (alley oop excepted), Nene...uh not much. Bev can penetrate at times well and Dekker too.

18. Stormy1234

Stormy1234 Member

19. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

Rocets lose to Pacers and Heat 2 times.

Its not coincidence.

PhiSlamma15 likes this.
  20. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

And all that got us was a great record go figure, lol