1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Pacers @ Rockets 10/4/2018 (Preseason)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Oct 3, 2018.

1. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Overanalyzing? They either have it or they don't, lol. Some guys dont have it some do. It's not over analyzing to say so. Chris and pennis suck sorry. Maury has to do better. And we need and actual real BUC behind Capela.

2. fattz

fattz Member

It could also have something to do with competence, too. Think of ALL the layups/dunks missed because of not being able to catch the ball that is touching ones hands (30 or 40 points easy). With Capela we blow them out by the 3rd quarter.

hakeem94 likes this.
  3. Nook

Nook Member

Perception and reality are often different. He can block shots but that is it. He just doesn’t think we’ll enough or quick enough and that isn’t likely to change.

Deuce and DonKnock like this.
  4. Swiss Roll

Swiss Roll Member

Quite damning on the state of his conditioning considering he's played multiple NBA seasons averaging over 20 MPG.

5. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

No Capela no win.

DD

6. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

Someone said it already in here earlier, but a game like this makes you appreciate what Capela does a lot more.
    He’s just always in the right position and makes the right reads even if he doesn’t end up making the play.

7. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

You noticed that after two freaking Preseason games. Man please. They are role players and only one of them will see valid minutes. The other will be a filler from time to time. Again you're overreacting and overthinking things.

8. batkins

batkins Contributing Member

9. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

How is it overreacting to say a player that sucks.. sucks? Did I miss something? No one said Harden and Paul sucks, i see Chriss and Ennis, we were all wondering how they would play and hoped they had more and from what we see they don't. maybe it will get better maybe it wont but we are talking about what we see now. People watch things and they say what they see. It's literally that simple. For instance Melo has looked good so people say "melo looks good". Its Sports and its a discussion thread about the game. You're telling me you didn't see Chriss and Ennis sucking out there cuz im not sure what your point is. They sucked people said they sucked end of story. The two Rockets games have also been pretty boring and our defense currently looks suspect. will it change maybe.. we are playing without several defensive players. not sure where the over analyzing is.

bmelo likes this.
  10. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

T. Jones

11. Nivos

Nivos Member

Anderson got his salary before playing 1 minute with Harden.
    Just saying...

Remlap likes this.
  12. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

To be fair everyone is being too hard on Criss. Isiah has been in our system. I think u have to get used to being a big in our system. Its very demanding. Give him time people

13. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

I got the excite opposite, i like watching all the new guys. Honestly i would be fine if harden cp3 didnt play either. Love what i see so far. Super excited.

DreamShook likes this.
  14. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

So wrong bro. N ennis looks twice as good as ariza. Dont know what u are watching

hakeem94 likes this.
  15. ksny15

ksny15 Member

Am I the only one who thought Ennis looked fine? I’m completely fine with him starting at the SF.

Nook, Remlap, Htownballer38 and 7 others like this.
  16. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

I really like Gary Clark, he made some rookie mistake on defense, but he know his role very well and he shoot better than most of the newcomers.

i think he has a future in this league.

MCW loves to drive, and this style actually fit our system very well, I think he will be fine. Its a different style than Gordon and he is young and can defend 2-3.

Chriss will play well when we have the lead, but he is a quitter with loser attitude. But still could be useful and at least better than Black.

Ennis obvious wont be a better defender than Ariza, but I think the defense aspect is overrated anyway for this team. He should be OK.

Cut Zhou please.

hakeem94 likes this.
  17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Oh, Dipo went off.

18. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

He looked twice as good as Ariza? now who's overreacting lol

19. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

I'm glad you're not coach.

bmelo likes this.
  20. bmelo

bmelo Member

Carmelo looks like he bought in. Sometimes he seemed impatient because of lack of touches but overally his trigger happy attitude which was always viewed as a minus here is a plus. I mean that's what I said before - if Gerald Green can trigger it whenever he wants and looks good you better do that Melo will too. I would like to see more pick&roll/pop action with him and our 2 other hofs. Too many times he just runs to the corner not being involved

SF3isBack!! and hakeem94 like this.