1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Nuggets @ Rockets 4/16/2012

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 15, 2012.

1. roxatwill

roxatwill Member

Yea and the elephants can fly...

2. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

While still averaging 8-ish APG as a starter (granted, the sample size is small).

I think this has more to do with not losing Dragic and getting good value for Lowry. They both deserve to start. One will have to go.

3. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

It would be cool if clutch can record the rockets practicing

4. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Lowry has had spectacular games as a Rocket, and Dragic has just had some solid games. Lowry is the better player, anyone who watched him while he was healthy knows that. He got injured at a bad time and that's part of the reason why we're sucking now. He has to work himself back into shape and now that we probably aren't gonna be in the playoffs, might as well do that now.

5. eman

eman Contributing Member

I'm still wondering what the cause of Lowry's "bacterial infection" was. Guess we'll never know. Hope he's ok...

6. OremLK

OremLK Member

Um, clearly not, since lots of people on these forums think Dragic is better.

7. LOLatSoccer

LOLatSoccer Member

They also dont want us to sign Kevin Garnett even for the MLE, and most think Deron Williams is not a superstar

just because SOME people say stuff, doesnt mean the majority believes so

8. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

People here just have short memories.

9. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

He is better, he is bigger, faster, more athletic, a better passer, defender....shooter, yes, a lot better.

DD

10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Nobody is a lot better. better maybe.....
    A lot better means they can bail us out in close games consistently.....
    Goran when tired or not playing out of his mind... isn't able to do that on consistent basis. Be realistic.

11. KB9

KB9 Member

I'd probably agree with you before Goran got the chance as a starter. Still believe Lowry is a better shooter, but in general I'm starting to not just believing, but knowing too that Dragič is simply a better all around basketball player than lowry. quicker of and with the ball, bigger, better person and well if you look at the percentages he's a better shooter too. Not to mention his play-making abilities and super quick counter attacks... They can play together for sure, but with Lowry as a SG.

12. nbafever

nbafever Member

Lowry has a tougher mentality. Goran disappears for stretches and stops being aggressive. I remember those endgames last year when Lowry simply would not let us lose. He would be the last man giving up.

And maybe that's why we've seen these blowouts and why he's so frustrated.

13. KB9

KB9 Member

Goran disappears for stretches and stops being aggressive. ...LOL, dissapears? on the bench yes, in the game he runs every single attack there is (as PGs normally do), stop being aggressive? yet he was our best scorer, passer, steeler in most of his starts. I think that says a lot about his potential. Can you imagine him when he gets used to all of this?

And maybe that's why we've seen these blowouts and why he's so frustrated. ...talking about Lowry?

14. nbafever

nbafever Member

I was referring to the UTA and PHX games when opponents seemed to have scouted him and prevented him from going to his left on the pick-n-roll. Remember the UTA game when Lowry almost singlehandedly got us to within 5 pts by throwing himself into the teeth of the UTA interior defense?

That's Lowry's toughness and heart. I say Goran and Kyle play different styles that are complementary. I don't know whether we can retain both of them. But they are both good in different ways.

Yes, Kyle is frustrated when we lose.

15. KB9

KB9 Member

It's no different with Goran, last two games especially, he looked sad in interviews. As far as singlehandedly goes, I've seen us going from +9 to -4, when Lowry came in against Denver game1, I think, laying that basket really well ;). Hope it's just his injury still affecting him...