1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Nuggets @ Rockets 4/16/2012

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 15, 2012.

1. TheresTheDagger

You mean the guy who won Western Conference player of the week last week?

That guy?

2. Shaud

Shaud Member

Did this guy really say Dragic has been terrible over the last few games?

SMFH

3. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Why did we cater to Denver on small ball? We should have gone big and forced them out of small ball.

4. AuburnRocket

AuburnRocket Contributing Member

Don't agree with Lee being on the keep list.Patterson needs to be playing over in Europe instead of the NBA.Can't rebound and can't score (absolutely not in the post) ..oh, and can't keep the other team from scoring.Jordan Hill is would have been a better keep.

5. AuburnRocket

AuburnRocket Contributing Member

Oh, and PLEASE get rid of goldbricking Martin.Somebody ought to pay us to have him.

6. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

Yep,then when the other team is raining 3s causethe big can't get out there, the coach is dumb again.

Mchale ain't perfect,but I see what he did. What it comes down to is versitility or lack there of. The rockets don't have multi positional players. When teams go gimmicky,its hurts them.

7. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

Well, apparently, NBA head coaches are a tough match for McHale, so why doesn't he just quit?

8. LOLatSoccer

LOLatSoccer Member

LMFAO

9. Rockets Jones

Rockets Jones Member

I don't want to solely blame McHale, the players failed too with their lack of intensity in the 2nd and 3rd quarter (1st was good and parts of the 4th). They seemed to have accept their fate which is unacceptable. There's no fight and grit to this team, a bunch of pantsies not even going to challenge the referees and do everything they can to stop the other team from scoring. They have a losers mentality which is something we didn't see under Adelman except from Ariza. Something is seriously wrong and I want to see only Camby, Parsons & Dragic return. The rest can f off.

10. KB9

KB9 Member

He is a point guard and not shooting guard; Out of control? With 21 points,7 assists, 4 rebounds, 2 assists? :confused:

11. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

I'm gonna make them hit the 3's to beat me before I allow them to drive for easy shot after easy shot because there's no one in the paint to stop them.

12. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

I've been saying it from day 1.

Scola and Pat at the 4/5 is super weak-sauce. This season comes down to the underutilization of Dalembert.

13. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

I don't think I've ever been so disappointed in the Rockets since I started watching them back in the late 70s. They go all season long beating good teams and proving that they are still pretty good regardless of who is on the roster. Have been in the playoff 8 team race the whole time pretty much. Then, they botch the whole thing at the very end. What a waste.

14. Bball_Gill

Bball_Gill Member

This is really disappointing. It's exactly the way not to do it. Who wants to be part of ChokeFans?

We need a cry in your beer thread. I can understand that we have been playing over our heads and now that the pre-playoffs have started our weaknesses are showing. But what the heck is it going 0-4 with the return of Lowry, and losing on our home court?

This is just not right.

15. gogigorangone

gogigorangone Member

Dragic is getting lot of hard D on him.

16. smoove shoez

smoove shoez Member

It doesn't matter if the other team goes small, Dalembert needs to be in there protecting the paint.

17. Aydge

Aydge Member

Blame McHale

Doubling Andre Miller in the post was a terrible call and ended with an assist every time. He got 13 assists, and was responsible for "creating" over 30 points. He did this while shooting 2-8 from the field.

No Dalembert in the 4th doesn't make sense to me. Not guarding Al Harrington out to the 3 point line made even less sense.

Blame the Refs and the Rockets

Denver: 29 FTA Houston: 17 FTA

18. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

A lot of those should have been fouls. He was being pushed around, but he should sell the fouls so refs would call them.

19. KingStevo10

KingStevo10 Member

Just blow this team up being stuck in mediocrity land is worse than having a terrible year And getting a great/good pick.

Bring back Dragon, lee, Parsons, Camby and Dally.

Trade Mr I never pass the ball in the post Scola, get no defense martin the hell out of Houston.

Sell high on Lowry or package him with the 14th pick to move up in the draft.

... But for some reason even though this is supposed to be the deepest draft in years, I'm calling another screwed up pick for us.... Ahhh no playoffs hurt :(

20. tigernet

tigernet Contributing Member

I still think Lowry is a better PG than Dragic. Dargic has shooting first mind-set.