1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Nuggets @ Rockets 4/16/2012

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 15, 2012.

1. HorneR

HorneR Member

I agree 100% with Lowry, he should be closing games for us. He's really the only one to show he's got that next gear come clutch time. Boy's got ice in his veins.

2. rocketsmetalspd

Keepers for next year: Dragic, Lee, Scola, Budinger, Parsons, Dalembert, Camby.

3. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I don't think Lowry has much respect for McHale, lots of indicators if you are looking.

DD

4. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

Stop surmising. Any quality player is going to feel they should be closing out games. And the truth is Kyle should be on the floor at the end of games, closing with the other 4 players.

5. Toothless_Texan

yes he does... froze the last 4 games

6. DaDakota

I think Dragic is a better option at the PG spot, and if there is room for Kyle too, then sure....

DD

7. rocketsmetalspd

Why was Martin in uniform tonight? Is he almost ready to play again?

8. RedNation

RedNation Contributing Member

Mchale "set up pat for a 7 pointer"

Lowry"who hired this guy?."

1 person likes this.
  9. stefanb

stefanb Member

If Camby doesn't retire I would say forget everyone but Dragic, Dalembert, Parsons, and Camby. We need an entirely new direction, I'm sick of this monotonous mediocrity.

10. tigernet

tigernet Contributing Member

Dragic is an average point guard. Lee is an average shooting guard. Scola is an excellent offense player without defense... With this list of name, we are going to fight for playoff again and again every year.

11. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

I'm watching the Dallas-Jazz game, hoping that Dallas will bail us out.

12. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

Mavs 89-87 with 8 sec left in the game...

13. oogie boogie

oogie boogie Member

Lowry is our best closer though...

14. Toothless_Texan

DD no doubt dragic at pg but i think its over now.. goran was a flash in the pan with the rockets and it just might be time to move on

15. RedNation

RedNation Contributing Member

Anyone have the suns game link?

16. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Contributing Member

Terry just hit a big shot

17. ArtV

ArtV Contributing Member

Vince Carter has been hitting some big shots for them late in the games - just hit another one. Ahead now with a Jazz do-or-die shot coming up.

18. MourningWood

MourningWood Contributing Member

The offense is so stagnant at times, and the scheme just doesn't seem to suit the personnel. Bud and Lee are constantly working off screens FT line extended, but they shine as spot-up shooters, especially Bud. Lee occasionally sinks a stop-and-pop midrange jumper, but that really isn't Bud's game. I love his outside stroke, but he's just such a one-dimensional option, which isn't necessarily a bad thing if complimented by a more aggressive shot-creator. Lee has suspect handles and rarely takes his man to the basket, though he's extremely athletic. They shine when Gogi's breaking his man down off the bounce, getting into the paint, and dishing the ball back out to the open man (many times in the corner) or gift-wrapping easy buckets to the bigs.

This team just reeks of average. Plenty of guys who are solid in different facets of the game, but no one is elite (though Camby comes damn close as a rebounder). Same old story, though.

McHale lumbers up and down the sideline clapping his hands, but he's dumber than a bag of hammers in terms of X's and O's. Goodbye Adelman, strategic wizard. Hello McHale, circus seal. Morey should be held responsible. He may be dealing with a stubborn, narrow-minded owner, but he's FAILED miserably to land a superstar or take this team to new heights. Cue all of the Dork Elvis apologists... "But he's been so close, man! You have to like the Camby addition! Pure brilliance!"

Who knows, I've just had enough. We've been drowning in mediocrity for too long. The Playoffs would be fun, but we'd get curb-stomped and sent packing in 5 games. Another early exit in the first round, or another pick at the ass-end of the lottery? Still sitting on the fence, no clear direction, glorifying a GM with no signature moves to his name, dealing with a first-year clown of a HC, lousy fan support at home games... dammit.

Sorry for the pessimism. I'm going to take my talents to the kitchen for a cold beer. Until next time...

2 people like this.
  19. DaDakota

Dirk fails to box out, overtime.

DD

20. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

89-89 going to OT in Salt Lake City.