1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Nuggets @ Rockets 3/2/2012

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Mar 1, 2012.

1. stylus8088

stylus8088 Member

What amazes me about this game is that our 6'0 point guard got more rebounds than our 6'11 center. Dally had 0 off rebound while Lowry got 3. Heck, even Dragic got an offensive rebound. Bigs need to step it up against Clippers if we want a chance to win.

2. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Now you see why Dally was still available to the Rox so late in the offseason.

3. HtownsRockyTop

could be worse we could have terrible no inside threat jordan hill still starting at center for us.

4. archinkent

archinkent Member

When I thought the Rockets couldn't play worse than the last game, they did just that this game. I'm starting to believe the winning record is a fluke, and they just went on a lucky run last month. If they keep this up, say goodbye to the playoffs.

5. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Dayum,

DID YA HAVE TO GO THERE? :grin:

6. rpr52121

rpr52121 Sober Fan
    Supporting Member

What is funny is that the Rockets are obviously missing Jordan Hill's rebounding and size but no one is willing on Clutchfans is really willing to admit it.

7. Sidarma

Sidarma Member

omgftwbbq why bench chase the last win against juck the fazz and thuggets we unleash him and and his 3 pointer capabilities .......

Now we are just benching him again smhhh
    Kevin Mcfail here we go again sleepless nights you deserve

8. Blaster_333

Blaster_333 Member

I will say that having him come in to play with Scola is much better than Dalembert, Patterson or Parsons next to him, but man I wish Hill would play with some emotion.

9. atomicanderz

atomicanderz Member

I'll admit it. J. Hill is useful.
    I've said it before, keep Hill and trade 2Pat, that b*stard... You could give him the ball a foot from the basket and he'll take a jumper.

10. houseofglass21

It's going to be the same story from here on out. We gain a little momentum with a 5 game win streak and then piss it away with a 3 or 4 game losing streak. Clippers got our ass next game unfortunately.

11. Rockets Jones

Rockets Jones Member

Martin again doing well @ home, what's up with that ?

Othen then his shooting, there was nothing good about this game.
    These Rockets are worse than under Adelman when it comes to hustling, fighting and bodying up. This is the softest Rockets team we've ever had, only Lee cared enough to body up on a couple of plays.

We are going to lose big against the playoff teams on the road and come back down to earth, 9-10 seed, here we come!! What bothers me the most is the Rockets over the last few years have come out blasting after the break. Maybe it's the record that fooled the fans and the players, thinking we were all good.

This team clearly does not want to win and I don't blame fans for not showing up and people not watching games.

12. roslolian

roslolian Member

The problem here is the Rockets were 5 games under 0.500 at this point last year. You can go ahead and reminisce about the HOF coach all you want, but the fact is Mchale has gotten more-or-less the same rox to a much better record.

13. RocketRaccoon

RocketRaccoon Contributing Member

games like these keeps my money in my pocket and my tv off.

14. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

The team wants to win. These players are all hustlers except for Dally. The problem is they know they are on the trading block and they know a big move is imminent. Probably only 2 players (Lowry and Scola) can play as if it doesn't matter. But overall they are unsettled. When you combine that atmosphere with our lack of interior defense and offense, you have the recipe for an extreme deterioration going into the trade deadline.

I will be surprised if this team improves any at all over the next 2 weeks until the trade deadline has past. And the trade deadline will tell very clearly which direction this team is headed. Without a trade, this is a lottery team.

15. Bball_Gill

Bball_Gill Member

I wasn't able to watch the game, but the box score was interesting. The shooting percentages did not seem to account for the score. Denver had 14 more rebounds and 8 fewer turnovers resulting in 97 shot attempts.

That seems like a bunch.

16. sfayner

sfayner Member

How you know you're in big trouble: Pining for the return of Jordan Hill>