1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Nuggets @ Rockets 11/22/2017

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 22, 2017.

1. Reeko

Reeko Member

agree 100%

the crowd for Harden’s 56 point game was weak too...I went to Harden’s 53 point triple double last year against NY, and the crowd was nothing special either...it would be deafening if he had those performances in any of the buildings that u mentioned

Deuce, saleem and D-rock like this.
  2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

3. AlaisterCuaresma

What's happening people, here are my Top 5 Plays vs Denver Nuggets!

We are on cruise control atm!! With Chris Paul in our line up (I still can't believe it at times) our offence and defence seem immaculate! The way they continuously switch and have a mutual understanding of each other, could this be the season we finally break the 60 win regular season record?

Enjoy the video guys, peace! :D

4. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

Until lower bowl tickets are available for regular fans, the empty lower bowls will continue. Don’t know why people keep bringing up attendance when the policy itself has not changed.

5. Robert Kogut

Robert Kogut Member

Thanks man. I enjoyed this video but ... where is CP3 bullet pass on your list.

D-rock likes this.
  6. SirIvyLeague

SirIvyLeague Member

He's thicc not solid brah.

SIL

7. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

Is the problem that the tickets are sold and no one is in their seats or that the tickets aren’t sold? I know many of those lower bowl seats are corporate and they hang out in the lounges but wouldn’t corporate seats be an issue at all stadiums? I like the idea of darkening the arena ala La.

8. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I was at the lower bowl last night !

Obito likes this.
  9. AlaisterCuaresma

Thanks bro, I had that on my list but there were so much highlights in this game. I got you on the next CP3 bullet pass

10. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

The tickets are sold already, the corporate folks just aren't showing. They usually only show for big games or playoffs or give away tickets as gifts.

11. alethios

alethios Member

I'm pretty sure the game is at the Toyota Center. Just don't tell Ryno that.

hakeem94, roslolian and TracywtFacy like this.
  12. Remlap

Remlap Member

Sometimes it seems as if he's wearing oven mitts when he tries to drive/dribble.
    Ball can go anywhere

[​IMG]

13. Remlap

Remlap Member

Here's just a thought on getting the crowd in their seats and fired up.
    Would cost a little money, but if Fertitta is serious about building an exciting venue, here's a promotional idea.
    Hand out a small ticket/card to each fan entering the game by X time (6:50 for 7pm game? - latecomers are not allowed)
    When the introductions start up, have a decibel meter come up on the jumbotron.
    If the crowd can reach X decibels, then they can redeem their ticket for a free beer or drink at the concession stand during the game
    Now (hopefully) you have a loud and rocking arena to kick off the game.
    Could also hand out a few cards at the beginning with different colors. During key points of the game, the
    decibel meter comes on the screen with a different color each time. If the crowd reaches the appointed level,
    then they can redeem that color card/ticket. This way you could do it several times during the game.
    Would likely make up for for free cheap soda/beer with fans also buying $6 dogs while they are at the concession stand.
    Just an idea. Would have to educate fans on how it works. But announcer may be able to do that.
    Word would eventually get around. People love free stuff

Reeko and hakeem94 like this.
  14. OTMax

OTMax Member

The problem is not even attendance necessarily. It’s the lack of energy, enthusiasm and support. Too many lazy farmers and red necks ;) can you imagine Harden having these performances in Oklahoma of all places? Oakland? NY? I wouldn’t even care about the championship if I watched games with legitimate positive energy and a lively crowd. I don’t even re-watch legendary performances of Harden, just too boring. Only Worrell brings that energy!!

Hakeemtheking likes this.
  15. Reeko

Reeko Member

I HATE our pathetic home crowds, but...

[​IMG]

D-rock likes this.
  16. OTMax

OTMax Member

Haha well, to each his own. Some people can only truly enjoy games knowing the end goal is championship. I’ll however take the excitement the crowd showed during the 2008 streak and of other teams every single game so I can truly enjoy this exciting time. Don’t you feel that even with our record and great team that the crowd just takes that away somehow . I understand why guys say our winning gets boring.

hakeem94 likes this.
  17. Reeko

Reeko Member

I am 1 of the biggest complainers about our weak crowds and pathetic home environment on here...we get the support of a 35 win team with no star

our home games can get very boring because the crowd is rarely into it, and seeing all the empty seats every single game for a 55+ win team is just embarrassing...in our loss against Toronto, the Raptors’ announcers were shocked and confused wondering why the building was empty when our team was so good and fun to watch

saying that u wouldn’t even care about the championship tho is just taking it too far IMO

Drogba, hakeem94 and OTMax like this.
  18. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I'm glad we did not need RA and EG
    for this game. I hope they will be back soon. EG was missing because of a calf strain, but what is this illness
    that kept Ryno out?

19. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

perhaps thats fortunate...maybe home ryan was the reason we were weak at TC

20. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Probably flu. He's always getting sick.

Calf strain seems a week minimum. No need to push anything too soon.

saleem likes this.