1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Nuggets @ Rockets 11/16/2013

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 15, 2013.

1. Apache

Apache Member

all he does is lin lol

2. Champ06

Champ06 Member

I am not saying whether Lawson is better than Lin or Lin is better than Lawson. It all depend on the team they are in and their usage. I believe the player are better if he can adapt to the team and the team win. Whether Lawson has been tearing, I don't really care but as far as I am concerned Rockets is doing much better than Nuggets. Our team has more scorers than Nuggets. Lawson can score and assist as much as he has to (If I am correct, he is no. 1 option in his team. Try playing in Houston, see how he performs.) but his team is still below .500.

3. Apache

Apache Member

rockets team defense sux

4. eman

eman Contributing Member

I thought Lin played great tonight. Which was good, because it was a relatively quiet night for Harden. We won, I'm happy. If Lawson had played crappy I'd've been surprised and disappointed. TJ and DMo stepped up. Parsons had a great all-around game. The guy we need to get going: my man Garcia. Game ball tonight goes to Howard, for hitting those FTs.

5. Dentyne

Dentyne Member

Is anyone attempting to watch the game on league pass?

Is it working?

I missed the game live so I'm trying to watch it now but on LP I get "game unavailable due to technical difficulties"

:(

6. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I don't mind your statement Lawson is better than Lin but can you give more details. I think it's close.

7. RollsRoyce

RollsRoyce Member

8. Hibrido

Hibrido Member

Lin for Lawson straight up works in ESPN trade machine

Get it done Morey!

9. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

******** a right:

Nuggets coach Brian Shaw lamented using the tactic after the game.

"That goes against everything I'm about," Shaw said. "I don't believe in that and I don't think it's in the spirit of the game. So that is exactly what I get for doing that. I'm glad he made his free throws and it shows me to just be true to who you are."

10. boiler

boiler Member

What a hypocrite.

11. bws

bws Member

so why did he do it?

12. areyouserious

areyouserious Member

Not really. He admits he's wrong for using that tactic. He'd be hypocritical if someone used it on Javale and he complained.

13. areyouserious

areyouserious Member

Cause it worked for the lakers.

14. markusbrutus

markusbrutus Member

I don't understand about the Lin vs. Lawson debate.

First off, how one player is being used in a team would affect stats and his contribution on games.

Just look at omer asik. He plays limited minutes and his averages in rebounds, and points are down, but does this mean that he isn't as great as other centers.

If Lin was traded to another team where he would become top dog, look at his numbers to explode again.

So Lin vs Lawson is a pointless debate.

15. Marteen

Marteen Member

I don't know how much today's game will hurt the averages, but the Rockets had 4 of the top 40 leading scorers coming into tonight's game.

40) Chandler Parsons - 17.0 PPG
    37) Dwight Howard - 17.8 PPG
    35) Jeremy Lin - 18.2 PPG
    5) James Harden 25.2 PPG

No one other team in the league has more than the Rockets in the top 40, so I thought that was pretty cool. Balanced scoring is what's gonna make this team a beast come play-off time and perhaps add another scorer before the trade deadline.

16. sun

sun Member

Nice. Now we need a PF. :)

17. Cloudx9

Cloudx9 Member

While I agree Lawson is currently a better player than Lin, this post is spot on. I find it funny seeing all these rocket posters drool at Lawson's stats tonight. If Lawson was here right now, do you honestly see him putting up these stats playing next to Harden. Or lets say if Harden got injured long term (knock on wood) and Lin was forced to be the focal point of the offense. I'm pretty sure just based on what we've seen already with Lin, he'll be putting up 20 and 10 numbers consistently with 5 or more turnovers of course lol. and fans of other team will be like WTH is wrong with our point guard can't guard this Asian scrub.

18. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

Great game, awesome atmosphere. I also got to watch Clutch be a dork.

[​IMG]

19. NotApollo33

NotApollo33 Member

Nice bird

1 person likes this.
  20. Exel

Exel Member

Is anyone else bothered by our PNR defensive scheme? Our pg's are getting run into multiple screens while the big, usually Howard just hangs back. Eventually, Lin or Bev get hung up the screen and you get the pg and the screener going hard to the whole. Ty just feasted on our PNR defense tonight.