1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Nuggets @ Rockets 11/16/2013

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 15, 2013.

1. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

He is not a bum - but he is a bum on this team.

Last year's roster - fine, a good solid defensive center.

On this year's roster he is horrible as a chemistry fit, all over - sometimes guys just don't fit, and he is that guy this year, IMO.

DD

2. HTM

HTM Member

Glengarry Glen Ross

3. atwood

atwood Member

Man I really doubt about this now... I don't think any team would choose Lawson over Lin

4. A New Age

A New Age Contributing Member

don't know which is worse, Hack-a-Dwight or Lawson versus Lin. :rolleyes:

Give it a rest guys. off to bed.

5. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Solid win. Good for Dwight Howard to make his free throws.

Parsons played well. Jones was impressive.

Nothing else really to say, just a run of the mill mid-season win. Hoping for a lot more of these. :)

6. hooroo

hooroo Member

Watch the NBA? Ty Lawson has been a top 10 or 15 PG for a few years now. That said, I wouldn't want him on this Rockets team. Even though he has the ability to play off the ball, there's the lack of D, and then undersized PGs have a shorter shelf life.

7. Mr. Dominant

Mr. Dominant Contributing Member

All these wins/losses don't really mean much to be honest for me, it's too early in the season.

After all star break; and where we are as a team in the win/loss column and how the team AS a team reacts to there situation and standings and moves to progress to make that playoff push and not just seal the deal to make the playoffs, but to go deep.. that's what I'm waiting for.

I'm also waiting to see what this Asik mess is going to get us.

8. corry

corry Member

For crying out loud! Why does everything have to be about vs Lin...JEez....He's been the most consistent scorer on our team who's supposed to be the 4th scoring option plus he's not even a starter!!!

9. alethios

alethios Member

Truthfully, if we had played with some defensive intensity, he would not have had the easy baskets that were handed to him. Guy is looking to score and can be stopped.

10. Apache

Apache Member

some people just love / hate Lin lol

11. bws

bws Member

I find Harden played too many minutes tonight. He played well, 9 assists, but still forced it at times and his feet are still hurting him. Bev was in such a groove. He could have scored 17 points tonight and plays real defense. Harden could have played 2 to 3 less minutes and Bev 2 to 3 more with Lin. Bev had his shot going.

12. NotApollo33

NotApollo33 Member

Its Glengarry Glen Ross. And lets stop talking about Lin n Lawson. Lawson is a year older and if Lin can avg 16 n 6 then he's on track to equal Lawsons abilities.

As of now, Lin's not there yet.

13. LoLin

LoLin Member

Lawson and Lin collided under the basket towards the end of 4th. AB came in for Lin after that.

14. TheBornLoser

TheBornLoser Contributing Member

LOL, stupid troll.

Of course Lawson is better than Lin at the moment. Lawson is already approaching vet status. Plus he is the Harden of the Nuggets team.

*smh* just can't resist throwing out controversial jabs, can ya....:rolleyes:

15. Apache

Apache Member

Lin is famous haha

16. Calamity.12

Calamity.12 Member

Just embrace it

Peyton Manning vs. Lin? Peyton's alright but is he clutch?

Elon Musk vs. Lin? Lin's on fire more often...

Meryl Streep vs. Lin? Lin is one of the top 10 in free throws despite coming off the bench

17. Apache

Apache Member

Lin is just irresistable to some people lol

18. Apache

Apache Member

Everybody is linning lol

19. Apache

Apache Member

all they want is lin. not enough of lin lol

20. LandryFields

LandryFields Member

Come on guys... I'm practically a LOF and I think Lawson > Lin and it's not even close.

Also, I see Lin getting a lot of Heat for Lawson's performance... I'm not saying Lin played great defense or anything, but I counted at least two possessions where he switched with Harden and it was Harden that let Lawson blow by him with ease. The rest of the time, Lawson's points came off of picks where the big man defender didn't step up to help on Lawson. My point is the blame shouldn't all go to Lin, because if you've watched him enough you should know that Lin always gives his effort on defense.