1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Nuggets @ Rockets 1/23/2013

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 22, 2013.

1. AggNRox

AggNRox Member

it doesn't work. lin needs to do it with landry.:grin:

2. pnr

pnr Member

I agree with what Karl said. whenever Lin plays well, usually the team wins, unless Harden has an abnormally abysmal game. When Lin has scored 16 or more points, the team has been undefeated except when facing the Spurs. Another exception is the second Mavs game but that was when Harden went 5-23. Why did he get benched yesterday? He was containing Lawson for the most part and they were only down 11 when he went out in the 3rd. He never came back and the lead ballooned to 21(?).

3. Fighton

Fighton Member

i like the quote. but, it only applies IF the players know what their roles are and what they're expected to do. I'm not sure that they do. heck, I'm not sure that the coaches know what they want out of each player.

4. Fighton

Fighton Member

the coaches can't do anything. these are lame duck coaches on their last year of their contracts (i think). james harden is the new superstar and 80mil man. who's got the leverage here?

not saying that james is selfish and looking for his own stats, but if he is not convinced about what the coaches are saying and not buying in, there's nothing the coaches can do to force him. they don't have the balls to sit him.

5. YoungGods

YoungGods Member

I like Beverly in the first quarter but he had a pretty bad TO in the 4th quarter, the other team just grab the ball from his hands and dunk.

6. Fighton

Fighton Member

well he usually leaves with a few minutes left in 3rd quarter and returns around the 8 minute mark in 4th. he probably would've returned the the lead was still around 11 at the 8 minute mark but lead was increased to a point where a comeback was very unlikely. the coaches probably just decided to sit him and rest him. but that doesn't explain where harden, asik, and parson were still on the floor.

7. wukong

wukong Member

http://www.nba.com/rockets/news/nuggets-race-past-rockets

JAMES HARDEN

(On what went wrong in the 3rd quarter) “We started turning the ball over. They (Nuggets) got about 25 points off of our turnovers. We didn't get out in transition, small things.”

(On the Rockets not having many transition points in the second half) “Just turning the ball over and them (Nuggets) getting easy points and us having to take the ball out and not getting out and getting defensive stops. All of that factors into each other and it kind of slowed us down.”

Come on man up... you are the one with 7 turnovers. What is this WE stuff. In the 3rd quarter alone you had 3 TO's.

8. bleedrockets

bleedrockets Rookie

So what was the point of signing James Anderson again???:confused:

9. TheRookets

TheRookets Rookie

There is no conspiracy, the coaching staff are like you, HOFs overzealous now with a superstar and he's the number one priority. His flaws will be overlooked and he will be the savior every time with the ball.

10. Fighton

Fighton Member

as great of a player that james is, he is still learning what it means to be a leader on a team. stuff like this (not really taking ownership) and refusing to speak to media after his first bad game... these are things he'll need to work on, as expected of a team leader.

it probably doesn't come naturally for him (not in college - saw him play quite a bit), and obviously not in OKC since he's the sixth man. i'm not concerned, though, since this is his first season as a franchise player. stuff like this takes years to cultivate, not months. i am concerned, though, that there isn't any veteran on the team for him to learn from. robinson passing the torch to duncan is a great example. harden doesn't have that. just hope there's someone that he see himself taking after. somehow i don't see anyone like that on the coaching staff.

11. rubbertoe

rubbertoe Member

Let Jeremy be the primary ball handler for the next 10 games.

We've already seen what happens when its Harden being the focal point of the offense.

Lets see what happens when Jeremy is the focal point.

This doesn't mean Jeremy is going to score most of the points or take most of the shots.

Just try the tried and true PG role on our PG JEREMY.

This sure has to be better than whats going on now with the team.

And to all those LOH and LOF, its a team game. The team game is broken using Harden. Let Lin run the show for a little while and lets see what happens.

The least Mchale could do is just try and run a normal style offense where the ball is distributed evenly as possible and not KOBE STYLE.

Its annoying watching Harden turning over the ball and traveling and missing shots. Not only is he worn out, hes less effective.

Ball sharing is a must and the person to share that ball the MOST should be the PG, not SG.

12. gorockets2009

gorockets2009 Rookie

For some people , they either get it, or never get it.
    At his age, he can improve his basketball skill, but very hard to change his inner ME.

13. gnozahs

gnozahs Member

From my perspective, that's what PPat is saying.

14. trock

trock Member

One thing I miss from earlier this season is the revelation that Asik is a pretty good passer. I don't know if this is a player thing or a coach thing, but there seems to be no movement from the forwards once there is guard penetration. Everyone is camped out at the 3pt line looking for a pass; nothing going to the basket. It's almost like the concern for spacing leaves Asik completely alone trying to finish at the basket and grabbing rebounds. It's one thing to move the ball around, but if it's always going to end up with a 3pt shot, it's going to be painful to watch.

15. albuster

albuster Member

This post reminds me of the Rockets with Stevie Franchise, although that team was more exciting to watch.

16. rockets13champs

we need to make a change

17. PointGuardRocks

this will not happen.
    we rockets are too dumb to acknowledge that.
    we will let the #1 turnover in the league SG be the PG.
    Harden will be not get a mvp award this year but he will get a most TOs award .

He has beat all PG SG PF SF C in the nba in turnovers.

Yup, we must let Harden be the PG and Lin be SG.

18. Wizardsonlyfan

George Karl is a LOF.

19. muas2010

muas2010 Member

He never addresses that he needs to take better care of the ball....it's always a WE thing. That dunk was pretty good though.:grin:

20. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member