1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Nuggets @ Rockets 1/23/2013

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 22, 2013.

1. PointGuardRocks

HARDEN IS # 1 IN THE LEAGUE IN TO
    Harden IS # one in THE LEAGUE is ball hogging (60% of the time. this is ridiculous for a SG.

2. gorockets2009

gorockets2009 Rookie

3. PointGuardRocks

Harden IS play shooting point guard. newest position in nba.
    People are blind. iso ball. showoff ball. I need to.score ball. won't work.
    Houston will never get anywhere with this.dude running the show. he is no leader.

4. M4-Nightvision

okay the harden as a pg is over. lol

5. PointGuardRocks

If Lin is traded. He will be much better. Why? Because he will not be playing with # 1 ball dominating ballhog.
    Watch the game. harden hog the ball more than James wade durant. Kobe. If u don't see it. U r blind.

6. 34to11

34to11 Member

More of that amazing LOF logic :grin:

7. PointGuardRocks

Harden IS #1 in TO. Nobody from nbatv espn. Rockets network is saying a word.
    All i hear is jlin was a TO machine last year. Funny. but that just shows how bias these commentators are. some of.them are too p***y to point it out. sad but true.

8. Foxbur

Foxbur Member

I still think the biggest problem is our offense strategies is too predictable and some players are losing confident big time with this whole system.

9. gorockets2009

gorockets2009 Rookie

I wouldn't blame it on any player but the coach staff.

10. Foxbur

Foxbur Member

I totally agreed, it's like all of Harden's flaw is justified because he is recognized as an all star and rest of teammates get thrown under the bus. I'm sure Harden is a terrific scorer but it seems like our offense is so stagnant when he's on the floor. No one seems to move around much since everyone just watch Harden do his thing and pass last sec of shot clock when he has no option left.

11. AggNRox

AggNRox Member

i know we have tons of analysts who play around #s. there is a stat we need to reconsider how to calculate. it is TO. TO should not be calculated based on per game. it should be tied to # of possessions. the more possessions you have, the more tos you are going to give.

12. King1

King1 Contributing Member

No, it isn't.

13. King1

King1 Contributing Member

Fixed

14. Arthurprescott2

It's called TOV% - turnovers per 100 possessions. Rox are at 15 TOV% which ranks 30th in the league.

15. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

this team won't make the playoffs. i don't see it. when are they supposed to get their mojo back? they are as bad as the lakers. probably worse. that's the only game i want to see now is the lakers and rockets play cause they are equal parts crappiness.

16. glacier921

glacier921 Rookie

The thing is, they didn't even try and run in the last couple of weeks.

17. Foxbur

Foxbur Member

I totally agreed, however, I think we just need to do a better job of lowering team TO compare to individual TO.. That would have still make a big difference in a game. I think that's another reason why most team utilizes their PG to take care of the ball and rest of the position play their part either scoring off screen or posting up. It is tough though when our offense is run a lot differently.

18. AggNRox

AggNRox Member

thanks. good to know.

19. gorockets2009

gorockets2009 Rookie

What's your point? He is not really playing like a true PG. He only kicks it out when he has no option. So his TOs are just his bad handling which means he doesn't when to pass and how to get your teammates to involve in the offense before the it is too late. It's not like his TOs are related to create highly rewarded plays for his teammates, they are just ugly TOs at the top of arch when he was double/triple teamed which give away easy baskets for the other team. It's painful to watch. It's McFail's job to let him, but he is having his way for a while now.

20. Foxbur

Foxbur Member

I agreed with you they should let Harden do what he's good at.. a SG. not PG.
    Let Jeremy do his PG job and dictate the offense a bit more. It's pretty obvious that has worked before... not sure why they change the whole philosophy again.