1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Nuggets @ Rockets 1/23/2013

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 22, 2013.

1. glacier921

glacier921 Rookie

Nah. We're going to have unimaginative game plans. Give the ball to harden, take 20 seconds off the shot clock, double, triple teamed Harden, it doesn't matter. Then drive, hopefully get the rebound. Rinse and repeat. We lose.

2. Steal&Deal

Steal&Deal Member

Iguodala is an excellent defender and will shut down Harden if he tries to go ISO too much. We must play team ball and other players have to step up and nail some shots. If Harden passes we may win this one.

3. Da_Spark

Da_Spark Member

Could care less if we win or lose because right now, i'd rather see changes in our system especially on the defensive end. On offense, its simple, let Lin run the point more and have Harden spot up for easy threes. This will help them both. Lin should regain his confidence and aggression while Harden should get his stroke back by taking easier/open jumpers.

4. Steal&Deal

Steal&Deal Member

Agreed.

5. GanjaRocket

GanjaRocket Member

agreed with the posters who think Lin needs to make the Nuggets respect him on defense early on in the game..

they aren't going to be expecting it and certainly won't be double teaming him.

let Harden serve as the decoy early on as the defense is basically geared to stop him

6. gnozahs

gnozahs Member

I agree.

7. conquistador#11

If we can outscore them, we will win! I'm certain of that!
    I wonder which position will Durant play for them? He has scored on us from the center, abused the small forward and shooting guards, last game torched from the point guard position.

8. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Chicks are going to be crawling all over Parsons at that Ladies Night Out meet-n-greet thing after the game.

9. gate470

gate470 Rookie

I get what you're saying but it's not happening. We're playing a really good team; this wouldn't be an ideal time to change things up.

10. Lucky Charm

Lucky Charm Member

Good news, I am getting some positive physic basketball vibes :p

James will play more SG, will finally find his shot at the end of the 1Q. Gets 31 points & 4 assists.
    Jeremy plays more PG, is aggressive and will get 17 points & 8 assists. Yes, he hits two 3's.
    Omer will be in foul trouble most of the game :(
    Another good game from Morris. Sadly Toney will still not get minutes.
    Rockets win by 7.

Book it. Quote it. Sig it.

Basically this. Not only because it's the formula that has worked the best, but it's also the way to go moving forward. As Lin and Harden get more comfortable with each other and Lin learns to trust his shot more, they can start balancing the PG/spot up shooting between the two and we'll get the great backcourt everyone's been expecting from these two. :)

11. tor.rocks

tor.rocks Member

Everyone Giving their opinions, but we gonna run the same old stuff. Lin up the court, pass to harden, Camp in the corner. Harden ISO and waste 20 seconds on the clock. Delfino jacking up 3's. Parsons trying to tomahawk on everyone. Moriss camping the three. Asik dropping 40 passes from Lin. Harden goes to the line 18 times. Lin gets 4 points 4 asists, 4 rebounds, 2 steals, 7 tuneovers.

We win by 9 points.

12. Steal&Deal

Steal&Deal Member

If we play like that we will lose by 30

13. sophiaaa19

sophiaaa19 Member

Get ready for some ass whoopin', gonna break out the alcohol early tmr night cuz my stress levels are gonna go through the roof again. When ur team has been giving you less than average results, you expect less than average outcomes, plain and simple. Hope they prove me wrong, but you gotta set the standards low right now.

14. Sports2012

Sports2012 Member

Glad you bring this up. I've been wanting to.

Our opponents' guards have teammates setting picks to block our defender, pushing or holding (illegal) our defender to create space for jump shots, or using their arms and body to clear out the lane for their guard to drive to the rim. Not only their center would do this. Their forwards would also come up to the top of the key to set the picks.

Just watch the Bobcats. They had Biyombo (center) working with Walker and Sessions on every possession, and Haywood (center) and Thomas (forward) would also come up to help screen if they are close by. That's TEAM offense.

Compared with that, our PGs and SG have to do it all by themselves without any help. No wonder our players get tired and frustrated.

This is the reason why we have had such hard time with the Raptors, Hornets, Trail Blazers and Cavaliers. One on one they are no match for us, but team to team they become so much stronger.

This is also the reason why we repeatedly got blown out by the OKC and Spurs, and possibly the Nuggests.

In addition to our pace, speed and 3P shooting, we definitely need to use PNR and variations all the time in offense. Otherwise we can only win when most of our shots are falling by outshooting our opponents.

On the flip side, we need to really do better on defense against PNR, and remember that it has to be a TEAM work. No one on our team can successfully defend any opponent guards with average PNR skills.

15. Mariachi ROCKET

Manamal Alert!!!

16. Sports2012

Sports2012 Member

17. Sports2012

Sports2012 Member

Is there a way to keep the Nuggets from learning our secret plan?

18. texansalltheway

we get blown out at home

19. Sports2012

Sports2012 Member

Courage, gentlemen. Courage!

20. Sports2012

Sports2012 Member

Yes, time for a change. Improving our game is more important than winning since this is still our development year.