1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Nets @ Rockets 2/27/2015

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Feb 26, 2015.

1. buffalobills!!!

Feels like the type of game they'll lose sandwiched in between two contenders. Don't have a letdown!

2. RockFanFirst

RockFanFirst Member

Clippers win means nothing if they lose this one to Brooklyn. My guess is Harden guts it out and we get a win. That guy is a tough SOB.

3. eman

eman Contributing Member

I hope Harden rests. A sprained ankle is bad; a re-sprained ankle is worse. No need to risk a re-sprained ankle. We should run the Nets out of the gym without our MVP's services. But I do hope he's ready to go Sunday.

4. Junkyard Dog

Junkyard Dog Member

In the eyes of national media...

If Harden sits and we win = Harden not MVP because we were able to win with out him
    If Harden plays like a beast and we win = Harden not MVP cuz we don't have the best record
    If Harden plays and we lose = Harden not MVP because we lost to the Nets
    As for the game I agree that we need to win this one...we are finally making some head way in our conference. Continue the push.

1 person likes this.
  5. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Yeah, this is pretty much a must win if we want the Clippers win to really mean anything. Harden's a tough dude. If he's cleared and good to go, I don't know why people would hope he sits out.

6. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

I can understand wanting to be cautious. Unfortunately Harden doesn't really have the luxury of resting this week. After tonight, there's a game in less than 48 hours against the Cavs. Then a little more than 2 days later, the Rockets travel to the ATL. Then a day later, they come home to play the Grizzlies.

I guess if the Rockets want to play it safe, they could sit him tonight. But he'll have to suit up for that 3-game stretch afterwards. No way will they win any of those without him.

7. ThisVoice

ThisVoice Member

Anyone know where to get the latest update on Harden's injury?

8. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

My advice is to hit refresh on here at around 5 PM.:grin:

9. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Be on the lookout for J.R. to give you an update as soon as he gets it, right here on the Clutchfans BBS.

10. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

bill kennedy, brian forte, kevin scott…….kennedy is a POS..

11. dkocich87

dkocich87 Member

START THE SANDMAN[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  12. afk

afk Member

Nets vs. Houston without Harden, aka the real Test.

13. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Not even remotely true. The Clippers win came against a Western Conference team who happens to be our kryptonite. Win or lose tonight, please don't marginalize our victory from the other night.

14. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Very true. Important to build on that win rather than have a letdown tonight against a clearly inferior team at home, though.

15. Roxoff

Roxoff Member

Since Harden was at shootaround, maybe he'll surprise us and play a few minutes tonight. But personally I'd rather see him sit this one and rest up to beat the Cavs on national tv. Plus that would give our bench guys more minutes against an 8th seeded Eastern playoff team. Not that 8th seed in the East is impressive, but it is what it is.

Would love to see some crazy rotations. But if Harden sits, which Rockets player(s) will shine tonight?

16. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

Good to hear he was at shoot around. I'm really close to pulling the trigger on some courtside tickets for Sunday.

17. DunKingDanny

DunKingDanny Contributing Member

Is there a possibility that Johnson starts at sg?

I would think to start Terry at sg and Prigioni at pg then bring Johnson in as the back up pg. I can see Brewer playing heavy minutes tonight though.

18. BigShasta

BigShasta Contributing Member

Smith, Brewer, TJones.

If things start lovely, DMO.

19. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

No idea, but we need size/ length and quickness at the 2. I feel we should start Brewer at the 2, Ariza at his usual 3 spot and Prigioni at the 1. Terry should get backup minutes at the 1 spot. I think K-Pap should be activated, as Ariza's backup. I would also be interested in seeing McDaniels getting some minutes at the 2 spot.

20. DunKingDanny

DunKingDanny Contributing Member

I was thinking of Brewer starting at the 2 also but he's the main spark off the bench. But I wouldn't mind giving K-Pap and "TJ" McDaniels some time.