1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Mavericks @ Rockets 4/28/2015 (Playoffs Round 1, Game 5)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 27, 2015.

1. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

If the Rockets continue this belief that playing Dallas in a shootout, no defense, run and gun style, then they are in huge trouble. Slow the tempo, rebound, play defense, and win.

2. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

I'm a little worried fans won't be in their seats to start the game. But once they're there, I have no doubt they'll be loud. The first opportunity to win a playoff series in 6 years? Yeah, they'll be into it.

3. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

Please play the ****ing defense!!!!!

4. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

If we play the ****ing defense and we lose, I am not mad at all.

5. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

Naw, not really

6. Stack24

Stack24 Contributing Member

End of the day Dallas had a top offense before Rondo. Now Rondo is gone and they have made adjustments. We don't want to get into a shoot out with them as many have stated.

We need to just attack and play solid D. I want to chalk the last loss up to them taking it a bit easy and wanting to win in front of a home crowd. But the truth is we didn't play well and need to definitely step up or this is going to be a long series.

7. underrated015

underrated015 Member

We need to end this before halftime. Hopefully another 40 + quarter in the first quarter

8. WestendMassive

Apologies if posted but just came across this today

Rick Carlisle still found a way to complain about the refs after game 4.

Rockets really need to smash these whiny b****es...

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>When asked about the officiating tonight, Mavs HC Rick Carlisle put a piece of tape over his mouth. <a href="http://t.co/UItDkr3Lmm">pic.twitter.com/UItDkr3Lmm</a></p>&mdash; NBA on ESPN (@ESPNNBA) <a href="https://twitter.com/ESPNNBA/status/592541296251789313">April 27, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

9. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

Inserting Barea and Aminu were moves made out of necessity that essentially played huge dividends for the Mavs. Barea helped jumpstart the offense and put Ellis back in a more comfortable role of playing off the ball. Also both of their guards were terrific at attacking the paint and getting shots over Dwight. The Rockets point guards did nothing the entire game. Its why we had to see Johnson.

After game 1, I felt that the Mavs needed to get Aminu to start and relegate Parsons/RJ to the bench. Aminu's length and atheleticism definitely disrupted James, but no worries...it will be yet another puzzle that James quickly figures out and beats.

As everyone said, and even as Coach Mchale implored yesterday...the Rockets shouldve gone for the kill. Josh and Brewer desperately tried, but they had zero help from anyone else...they were terrible at rebounding, and they settled for the jumper. I was surprised that the Rockets continued playing poor defense after allowing 128 points in game 3. Perhaps it could be a lack of urgency or focus...perhaps its a real problem our team may have. We wont know till tom night. Awesome to have a game at home, and everyone's focus should be on ensuring that there is no return trip to Dallas.

The Rockets did their part by defending their home court twice and winning one on the road. I fully expect the Rockets to put away this team tomorrow night, and cant wait for Cuban to walk out of the gym in disgust. At least thats what I hope. Go Rockets.

10. bratna8

bratna8 Member

Just win tomorrow. BTW, were are all the bastards that started those sweep, who would you rather meet in the 2nd round threads? :mad:

11. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

[​IMG]

12. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

and give up 40+? NO!!!

Just blow them out!!!

13. Airdough

Airdough Member

Carlisles Drama Queen act is the norm for the NBA where it's about the entertainment more than the sport. That's just not our mentality in Houston which is why we struggle from a national perspective. Everyone hates that we are the city with one of the best economic long term outlooks and the most international city with the most green space devoted to parks.

Let them have their drama, Houstons the real winners and will show it Friday. How bout them apples Dallas?

14. i3artow i3aller

15. crimmy88

crimmy88 Member

ffs play defense and grab a ******* rebound pls

16. TesseracT

TesseracT Member

please destroy them. that last game was hard to watch

17. i3artow i3aller

18. meadowlark

meadowlark Member

Oh yeah.....my crew will be there...early. Will be my first NBA playoff game in several years and you can bet we will be into it.

19. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Who are you and who is your crew?

20. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Rebound
    Rebound
    Rebound
    Rebound . . . . .

and
    Defend
    Defend