1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Mavericks @ Rockets 4/21/2015 (Playoffs Round 1, Game 2)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 19, 2015.

1. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

The biggest adjustment for the Mavs should be benching Rondo with his -25 in under 30 minutes in a ten point loss. Rondo was the Rockets secret MVP last game. It's really impressive actually. The best thing is that the Mavs are too proud to do such a thing because that would be admitting how much of a F up that trade was. I'm sure they'd much rather have Brandan Wright and his finishing ability and length than Rondo's -25 right about now.

If you want some LOL's go look up Brandan Wright's stats with the Mavs.

2. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>The good news on Chandler Parsons is I'm told his knee didn't swell back up. Bad news is it's extremely sore. Could be game-time decision.</p>&mdash; Tim MacMahon (@espn_macmahon) <a href="https://twitter.com/espn_macmahon/status/590235011887931392">April 20, 2015</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

3. J.R.

J.R. Member

No call?! :grin:

Elbow/forearm and lean in to Dirk and a no call?!

Then Harden flops, falls over, and throws the ball at the bucket. Hilarious.

Well then...

Maybe Tyson will lower his shoulder into Dwight down low on the block and they'll call the foul on Dwight.

[​IMG]

You get a bad call! You get a bad call! You get a bad call!

You get a seat on the bench! You get a seat on the bench! You get a seat on the bench!

4. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

The Spurs choked home court for the 1st round. Yea, I would say we were hella lucky that they were facing a desperate team with everything to play for in order to get into the playoffs.

5. Raven

Raven Member

If Parsons is out, there is blood in the water. Go for the throat!

6. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/cDxG4OKfbvo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

7. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

If Dirk didn't flail and act like he was hit by a train . . . . .it might have been a no call or offensive call
    Him kicking and acting a punk made it into a foul.
    I see no offensive foul here .. .

Rocket River

8. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Radio announcer traveling with the Mavs(I think Ben Rogers from 105.3 the Fan) texted the show saying he would be surprised if Parsons or Harris played in Game 2

9. J.R.

J.R. Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Rick Carlisle on James Harden: &quot;We’re playing him in a way where he’s involving other teammates and so we got to mix things up some.&quot;</p>&mdash; Dwain Price (@DwainPrice) <a href="https://twitter.com/DwainPrice/status/590243643417464832">April 20, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

10. Nick_713

Nick_713 Member

YES, I would be BEYOND SHOCKED if these injury-riddled Dallas Mavericks won Game 2 in Houston tomorrow night. And paraphrasing what Pull_Up_3 posted before me, if the Mavs have to rely on defense and rebounding in Game 2, then their chances of winning decrease rather significantly.

11. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

To be clear, Dirk starts the entire sequence by subtly extending his left arm in an effort to "check" Harden on the drive. That's not legal. Now, yes -- the league typically lets contact like that slide, especially in the playoffs. A no-call would've been fine. But when Dirk made a huge deal out of it by flopping like he had been shot (per usual), he forced the official's hand to call something... and Dirk was the guy to start it by attempting to check Harden in transition.

12. sfayner

sfayner Member

I will be traveling from Orange County to Houston and will be in Phoenix on Friday evening . Can anyone recommend a restaurant that I could go to to watch the game ?

13. hvic

hvic Member

I'll be sitting in section 126 row 15. If anyone is sitting close by we can get a drink during halftime

14. JHarden713

JHarden713 Member

15. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

In before Harden drops 40

16. Nick_713

Nick_713 Member

I remember that in the 2011 Mavs 2nd Round series vs LAL. After Game 1, Phil never made adjustments, thinking that DAL 3-pt shooters would just be hot for that 1st game. Everybody who paid any attention to that series knew Phil made an awful mistake and DAL shot lights out 4 straight games to sweep LAL, shooting 46.2% (from 3-Pt FGs alone)...2011 West Semifinals

17. Nick_713

Nick_713 Member

Thank You, in the playoffs, even when you're up in a series, EVERY GAME (to me) is a must-win. Will that happen 100% of the time, of course not. But in the playoffs, you can't afford to give any team life; and a huge statement in Game 2 would give our team and fans more confidence and belief going deeper into this series.

18. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

You should pray for Parsons to be on the floor instead of Aminu.

19. burnshroom

burnshroom Member

I do not get this fear of Aminu.

At all.

He has spurts, but I don't feel he is a game changer. Someone convince me I am under estimating this draft bust of the Clippers (1st round 8th pick).

[​IMG]

20. rocketblood713

Not buying it ...he playing