1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Mavericks @ Rockets 4/21/2015 (Playoffs Round 1, Game 2)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 19, 2015.

1. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

The Rockets are gonna lose Games 2 and 5 at home and 4 in a row overall? Despite not losing 3 in a row all season long? I don't think so. The worst they do is lose in 6 and that all but requires a Mavs win in Game 2.

2. WinkFan

WinkFan Contributing Member

Tuesday night they'll be sure they will win in 6.

3. AB423

AB423 Member

I'm glad I'm not the only one pissed at this. I watched the game from home and saw way too many people in their regular clothes. Its the damn playoffs for crying out loud!

4. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

I remember making this exact statement about Portland.

5. linvetb6

linvetb6 Member

some dont like the boos but parsons was the one that started talking trash when he should have happily accepted the money and kept his mouth shut

6. linvetb6

linvetb6 Member

lol... rockets didnt lose more than 2 in a row all season if i recall correctly.... so wishful thinking on their part.

7. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

As long as I'm not sitting next to the corpses I had in Game 1, I'll be happy. The girl never looked up from her phone once, and the guy straight up yawned about 10 times during the game. They never even said a word to each other the whole time. My wife and I thought it was really weird and lame to come all the way to a playoff game (and pay top dollar for seats), and not even be bothered to clap or cheer. Like, what's the point??

8. J.R.

J.R. Member

Yeah, they probably will but probably shouldn't.

See what he said there both times? Knee/leg [almost] gave out twice.

1. I went to shoot and hop-stepped into a 3 and it just almost gave out in a weird way.

2. “That leg just kind of gave out on me a little bit.

And Harris didn't return to game one because his toe injury was a ‘stress fracture waiting to happen’

If there is any good news for them, 3 days between game one and two and 3 days between game two and three.

9. DwangBoy

DwangBoy Member

They should rest Parsons game 2

10. J.R.

J.R. Member

ESPN BPI

[​IMG]

11. Nick_713

Nick_713 Member

On TNT tomorrow night, I think (obviously not set in stone) it will probably be Marv Albert and Chris Webber, considering they were in ATL for Nets/Hawks yesterday, and Harlan was in LA last night and will be in Oakland tonight for Pelicans/Warriors.

12. J.R.

J.R. Member

Brian Anderson, Steve Smith & Rebecca Haarlow

13. Rocket2008

Rocket2008 Member

Steve Smith hell yeah!!! :eek::)
    Brian Anderson is okay, so glad it's not that Greg Anthony though he is far better than Reggie Miller.

14. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Mavs list Devin Harris (toe) and Chandler Parsons (knee) as questionable for Tuesday.</p>&mdash; Jonathan Feigen (@Jonathan_Feigen) <a href="https://twitter.com/Jonathan_Feigen/status/590212126087589889">April 20, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

15. benchmoochie

benchmoochie Contributing Member

That may be addition for subtraction. I could see the rockets leaving open Villanueva and him hitting 7 - threes in a half. They have a tendency to leave bigs open too much.

16. Jayzers_100

Jayzers_100 Member

I was dying reading this!!! Repped. Kenny is usually the voice of reason and it's so frustrating that the two big-mouths always talk over him

17. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

I was about to say... I'll take banged up Parsons over Charlie V., pls.

18. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Losing Parsons is not addition by subtraction. His ability to run in transition, slash to the basket, and stretch the floor is huge for the Mavs. If Villanueva hits 7 threes in one half, the Mavs can have the damn game. You understand that hitting 7 threes in a half of playoff basketball would be a feat very few have accomplished, right?? I agree we would need to compensate for his shooting, but being afraid of someone like Charlie Villanueva going down in the history books is probably a bit of an over-reaction.

19. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

Guys if Charlie V gets bigger minutes you can even bring back KJ McDaniels to guard him with his fracture. Dude is not leaving the 3pt line

20. mcgrady33090

mcgrady33090 Member

You are correct sir/mam