1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Mavericks @ Rockets 4/21/2015 (Playoffs Round 1, Game 2)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 19, 2015.

1. jinyaotmac

jinyaotmac Member

As long as DH12 is not in the foul trouble, we got this.

2. 08kx250f

08kx250f Member

This series over. Rest the starters.

3. atwood

atwood Member

4. Pete Chilcutt

Pete Chilcutt Contributing Member

This. We can't get ahead of our selves here.

5. Textroets

Textroets Member

Has anyone else went and looked at the Mavericks forums like I have after game 1? I thought it'd be funny to see them whining but these people are completely classless and disgusting. There are actual (multiple) posts wishing death on James Harden and calling him a cancer to all of basketball:rolleyes:

There is something seriously wrong with those people over there. They are SO hateful it's almost sad.

6. Zbed

Zbed Member

/Heyman voice GRIT. GRIND. WIN. REPEAT.

7. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

Im not defending their statements but I'd be pretty upset if other fans came over and trolled the $hit out of cfans.

The same goes for SBNation. There is no need for that immature BS

8. Textroets

Textroets Member

Who said anything about trolling? I actually didn't see a single post by a Rocket fan in their threads, nor did I post anything. Yet they are still wishing Harden "breaks both legs" "dies painfully in a fire". Things like this.

9. Harden2Dwight

Harden2Dwight Member

thank u!!!

that pissed me off last night when they showed the "put on the shirts" cam and nobody wanted to put them on. Im glad they got booed. What makes them different from everyone else. People always want to claim how big a rockets fan they are, then prove it!

10. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

We can't give up 8 offensive rebounds to Tyson. Cut that down to 3-4 and I'll be comfortable

11. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Fixed it for you. :(

I hear you, man, and this place, this BBS, seems like one corner where people can still be mostly nice to one another (give or take some threads and some whole forums anyway).

12. i3artow i3aller

13. RocketsJumer

RocketsJumer Member

Can already hear comments from Shaq, Ernie, Kenny and Chuck in pre-game, halftime and post game.

Pre-Game:
    Ernie: "The Rockets played a very good game last time these two teams met in Game 1. Predictions for what we will see tonight?"
    Shaq: "Dwight Howard needs to show up. 11 points, 5 rebounds and 5 blocks will not get it done.. If he wants to be considered a dominant big men, he needs to get 28 and 15 every night for them to win."

Ernie: "Now Shaq, he only played 17 minutes last game and the Rockets still won."
    Shaq: "I don't care. I don't care. If he wants to be a dominant center and use the nickname Superman... 28 and 15 rebounds, minimum."
    Ernie: "Okay... your thoughts, Kenny?
    Kenny: "Well, I think..."
    Chuck: "This is why the Rockets won't ever win in the playoffs. I've been saying this all along, Dwight Howard doesn't know how to post up. He picks up stupid fouls and cannot hit his free throws. They can only rely on James Harden and he relies on jump shots and free throws. You can't win in the playoffs that way. Analytics is a lie. Always has been, always will be. Believe me, I got girls in high school."
    Shaq: LOL "Yeah Chuck, those big country girls huh, Chuck? LOL
    blah blah blah for the rest of the time

Halftime: Rockets could be up by 20 and we will still hear...
    Ernie: "Dominating performance by Houston so far. Harden was playing on a MVP level with 21 and 6 assists and Dwight was dominant on both sides of the ball totaling 12 points, 6 rebounds and 4 blocks, so far."
    Shaq: "First off Ernie, Curry is the real MVP. And secondly, as I said in the pre-game, Dwight Howard has to get 28 and 15 for this team to be serious. It's not hard to get those numbers, believe me."
    Chuck: I totally agree on both points. Curry is the MVP and Dwight has to be mroe serious out there. You see him smiling at the end of some of those dunks? He is not serious about winning. The Rockets will not win this series. Quote me on that. Dallas is a much better team. Dirk is an all time great, Rondo is still a top 10 point guard and the Mavs have a much better team than Houston. Simple as that, and that nerd Darrell Muray ain't gonna tell me different.
    Ernie and Kenny: :( :confused:

Post-Game: Rockets won by 35. Starters rested in the 4th quarter but Harden still got 32 and 9 assist and Howard finished with 21, 12 and 6 blocks in 28 minutes.
    Ernie: "So Chuck, Rockets won this game pretty handedly. Your thoughts?"
    Chuck: I don't care about the score. I know the Rockets will not win the West playing like this. They are a jump shooting team. Shoot way too many 3pters. No way they can beat the Warriors, Grizzlies, Clippers, Spurs or the Blazers relying on Jason Terry, Josh Brewer or Corey Prigioni hitting jump shots.
    Ernie: "Well Chuck even though the Rockets hit 15 of 34 from three, they still got 62 points in the paint. Pretty efficient way to...
    Chuck: "Efficient?! How many times do I got to tell you and all those NBA nerds out there that analytics are not real. Just numbers nerds like Darrell Muary put out there to get in the game. It's not real. Numbers are not real!
    Shaq: "Totally agree. Plus, I said Dwight Howard needed to get 28 and 15 tonight. Did not get it. C'mon Superman, gotta show up."
    Kenny: "Well the Rockets won and Dwight had a big part of that, anyway..."
    Shaq: "I don't care. I don't care. If Dwight Howard wants to be a dominant big man, he has got to get 28 and 15. All the other great big men have done it, myself included, time for him to do it.
    Chuck: "Yes! And the Rockets will not win in the playoffs."
    Ernie: Sigh..."Well let's talk about..."

10 people like this.
  14. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

15. TexansFight

TexansFight New Member

I put mine on till fat chick behind me spilled her nachos down my damn back.

Quanell X had no interest in putting his Rox T shirt on... think he was the only one I saw....major boos. But not sure it was because he wasnt putting on the red.

16. Teen Wolf

Teen Wolf Member

JVG cooking is one of my all time favorite moments in NBA broadcast history:grin::grin:

Must spread some rep around before giving more to i3artow

17. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Blowout win

Mavs can suck it

Idiot delusional bandwagon fans, stupid over-rated city, and overall a ****hole

18. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Contributing Member

We won with Harden shooting terribly & Dwight getting the shaft by the officials and only playing 17 dominant minutes...

If Harden can get a few more good looks, Dwight is allowed to play like a big man and our role players continue to fire Mavs will be in trouble.

Defend, Rebound, Defend...

19. burnshroom

burnshroom Member

[​IMG]

Rerun says: I got you!!!!

20. FeaR

FeaR Member

Harden did the right thing, he didn't even shoot that much. 2/2 contested shots and 2/9 uncontested. I hope he scores more because i doubt Brewer can knock down threes again like that .