1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Mavericks @ Rockets 4/21/2015 (Playoffs Round 1, Game 2)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 19, 2015.

1. clutch citizen

clutch citizen Contributing Member

My only concern, albeit a major one, is that Harden has had only 1 game in his Rockets playoff career where he was James Harden. It was against Portland last year. However, he's definitely improved as far as making an impact in ways other than scoring. Hopefully, it clicks for him in game 3. Then we can blow them out badly.

2. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

He was MVP James Harden in Game 5 against OKC and Game 6 against Portland last year(at least til the 4th quarter). Both elimination games on the road incidentally. But I think it's unfair to say he didn't have a really good performance in Game 1 of this series. Aside from the subpar shooting from the floor, what more could he have done that night?

3. Clown Baby

Clown Baby Member

I started laughing in the 4th quarter. That was just so damn fun to watch. It was just surreal to see Josh Smith drop dime after dime, especially all the lobs to Dwight. I was so happy to see Josh play such a critical role in a playoff win, he's been through a lot over the years. What a wonderful addition to the team he's been, such a valuable 6th man.

Corey Brewer also deserves love. His energy and open-court ability gives this team such a spark. My favorite play of that 4th quarter was probably Dwight's rebound and outlet to Corey, who took it all the way and finished. Just beautiful ball. Brew, Smith, and old man Terry have really helped strengthen and shape the identity/mentality of this team.

Great win by the team. Protected Home Court, now up 2-0 and in control.

I can't wait for Harden and Dwight to simultaneously have big games. Once Harden finds that outside shot, this team is going to hit a special level. If this version of Dwight is for real and if Harden can find his shot... there are no limits to this season.

4. rocketpower2

rocketpower2 Member

Hahahaha "back injury"

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>ESPN sources says Mavs are ruling out Rajon Rondo indefinitely after back injury he sustained in Game 2</p>&mdash; Marc Stein (@ESPNSteinLine) <a href="https://twitter.com/ESPNSteinLine/status/590967630552379392">April 22, 2015</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

5. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Damnit. Rondo out? Mavs chances increase exponentially.

6. Handles

Handles Member

Agreed. Another big bonus would be ariza knocking down his shots. I think ariza is the X factor for this team. His defense will be there, we all know that. But when he's knocking down his open jumpers (and he gets a lot), we are an extremely hard team to beat.

7. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Actually their chances increase to zero.

They have nobody to guard Harden, and Rondo showed to be capable offensively at times in both games.

They are better off letting Rondo run PNR with Chandler all day long.

Now Monta have it all has to D up Harden and he will tire from it.

8. Hippieloser

Hippieloser Contributing Member

9. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Is TNT out of touch? Hero Ball is not praise.

1 person likes this.
  10. FoOLiSh_AzN

FoOLiSh_AzN Member

GREAT WIN ROCKETS! Harden playing much less selfish and not playing to rack up personal stats. I love it. Get that hockey assist and just move the ball quickly.

FYI, Stephen Curry has been doing that ALL season long.

11. WinkFan

WinkFan Contributing Member

Casual fans love hero ball.

12. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>The Mavericks officially announce Chandler Parsons is out for the season.</p>&mdash; Tim Cato (@tim_cato) <a href="https://twitter.com/tim_cato/status/590976362074112001">April 22, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

13. burnshroom

burnshroom Member

14. bingsha10

bingsha10 Member

The NBA can't redefine a pejorative they didn't invent in the first place. In fact fans invented the term "hero ball" is a direct response to the NBA constantly over-hyping chuckers like Kobe and Westrbrook.

15. marky :)

marky :) Member

This^

I'm actually glad they did this motto. It may not mean much to us older fellas but to the youngins playing ball it could have some effect.

They're saying Hero ball is about always playing and doing the right things on the court. Something like promoting a good team player I guess instead of going Westbrook mode for 47mins a game.

16. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

Somebody get him on the transplant list because this guard needs some heart. Rondo still scares me, they say Carlisle is an evil genius, maybe he's playing possum. The Mavs have us right where they want us.
    <iframe style="display: none;" allowtransparency="true" scrolling="no" id="rufous-sandbox" frameborder="0"></iframe>

17. tmactoyao

tmactoyao Member

the irony of their intended message lol

18. koldlaser

koldlaser Member

While its fun seeing it rained alleyhoops, this was a game that the Mavs imploded. To think that they won't get this aspect fixed is unrealistic. Remember, the Rockets overall played a horrible game until that 4th quarter meltdown. I mean, Dirk didn't shoot well, Parsons injured, Rondo "checked out" and it was still anybody game! This game should've been over by halftime.

I still see this game going 6 or 7 with the Rockets way because they clearly still struggle against the most vulnerable Mavs team of the season yesterday.

19. mrm32

mrm32 Member

Because the Rockets themselves outside of Harden in the first half couldn't buy a bucket. The Rockets haven't even played their best game yet. If they can come out for Game 3 and 4 and clean up the turnovers and missed layups they will have a good week's rest before facing SA/LA.

20. hooroo

hooroo Member

http://www.mavsmoneyball.com/2015/4...ericks-99-we-have-to-find-a-way-to/in/8187008