1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Mavericks @ Rockets 4/18/2015 (Playoffs Round 1, Game 1)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 16, 2015.

1. Da_Spark

Da_Spark Member

Houston leads series 1-0.

2. Remlap

Remlap Member

Is it me, or did I actually see Capela swish some FT's right through the net?

He's looking more comfortable at the line and his FT's are looking like they
    are being executed better.
    4-8 from the line in the last 2 games is a big improvement over previous games.
    If we can even get him to 60%, the kid will be a force.

3. i3artow i3aller

4. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

i think this game goes down to the end of the first quarter. and is never close from that point on with the rockets sitting their starters in the 4th.

haha yeah ;)

5. JHL85

JHL85 Member

Right. I am just saying fans have the right to feel little confident about this series. Obviously, we shouldn't underestimate the Mavs, but at the same time, no reason to be intimidated either. Based on our recent history, we struggled to get out of the first round, but I don't recall us being favorites as much as we are for this year. I am being cautiously optimistic :)

1 person likes this.
  6. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

In Game 1 it will be critical that McHale adapts quickly. There's no telling what kind of wrinkle Carlisle will throw at the team; all you can say is that if our talent is significantly greater than theirs, then no amount of scheming will hold us back. But some competency in the coaching chess match wouldn't hurt, either.

7. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Team needs to continue the great ball movement they had against the Jazz. It was awesome watching that ball zip around to open shooters. It wasnt 'sticky'.

8. Kwame

Kwame Contributing Member

Rockets favored by -5.5 to win Game 1. A little higher than I thought it would be. Either linesmakers are expecting a blowout win for Houston or they're shading the favorite by inflating the line a little. I'm leaning towards the former.

9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Win is win. A 1 point game in favor of the home team is a win for all that I care.

10. Rocket2008

Rocket2008 Member

Rockets have not protected home court since 96-97 (so starting at home), IT IS TIME!
    We are the #2 seed, we need to win game 1 by any means necessary. I saw a totally different, more energised and focused Rockets team against the Jazz than in the week prior so gotta keep that going. We can do it, we just have to make the effort, pure and simple!

11. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

Would anyone be interested in rewatching the last two games vs the Mavs? Since we went 1-1, I figured it may garner some interest.

LMK, I'll upload a torrent

12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I am sure you can make a thread about it. Thanks

13. RockingRox

RockingRox Member

Yep. If that's what it takes to win, I'd rather Harden earns his fMVP by averaging 15/10/10 :)grin:) than 30/6/6.

14. Zbed

Zbed Member

Let's freaking go I'm so amped we need the beard, D12, Lord Threeza, Smoove, the greyhound, Pringles/Jet, TJ, and Capela, all hands on deck baby lets make a deep run here

15. OpenLayup-Why3?

Anyone know if there still are tickets for sale?

16. HeWhoIsLunchbox

HeWhoIsLunchbox Contributing Member

17. Convictedstupid

Tomorrow night needs to hurry up and get here.

18. wfeebs

wfeebs Member

Man I'll be pissed if at tip off the lower bowl is half empty. All of Toyota Center needs to be rowdy

19. rocketman72

rocketman72 Member

@i3artow i3aller, HAHA!

20. EightDoobies

EightDoobies Member

Game starts at 8:30 on a Saturday. I believe it will be filled up.