1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Mavericks @ Rockets 3/3/2013

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Mar 2, 2013.

1. OremLK

OremLK Member

I used to like your posts and think you were pretty funny, CH, but lately you are 100% troll. I can't believe trading Patrick Patterson of all players is what broke you, LOL. Not Luis Scola, not Kyle Lowry, not letting Dragic walk... nope.

Patrick.

Patterson.

You really need to take a step back and reexamine your life, buddy.

2 people like this.
  2. Calmwater

Calmwater Member

Mavericks---> today Maverbricks:p

Go go Maverbricks, Durant is gonna brick -20

3. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

i thought you were retiring, or did you just decide to go full troll instead?

4. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

i hate the mavs, but cuban's alright by me

1 person likes this.
  5. bleedrockets

bleedrockets Rookie

Jimmy Jackson will hit the game winner for the Mavs....Let There Be Cake

6. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

[​IMG]

7. Exel

Exel Member

Not going to happen. Kidd would never pass the ball to Jacskson for the game winning shot. Why? Toni Braxton. That's why.

8. HTown5933

HTown5933 Member

Hate to admit it, but I agree. Sad.

Time to move on, Carl.

As much as I liked about PP (professionalism, great teammate, defensive rotations, ability to knock down open shots, etc), I at least understand the reasoning for the trade. Very few trades are made in which you don't lose or give up SOMETHING.

The T-Rob hate is uncalled for. A huge factor in the trade was the need to free up minutes for D-Mo and see what he could do as well. So, you free up minutes for a guy who likely has more upside (D-Mo), although he has a LONG way to go defensively, while obtaining a guy who MAY have more upside - while getting SOMETHING for the expirings in Douglas and Aldrich. (not to mention you're now not faced with the decision of whether or not to pay a GOOD PF who can knock down the open shot and has solid defense, yet struggles to rebound and has very little if no post game). Additinally, you acquire a larger expiring salary in Garcia that can possibly be used on draft day.

I'm a HUGE anti-tanker and a HUGE advocate of how important it is to make the playoffs. Unlike some, it IS important and would be extremely beneficial for these young guys and their growth.

Did it hurt our chances at the playoffs, no question. But, for several reasons -all that have been mentioned many times previously, the move still made sense, whether everything about it is liked or agreed with or not.

Come on, man....

9. CCorn

CCorn Member

I agree. Many of my buddies hate on Cuban but I would kill for him to be the rockets owner.

10. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Let me be clear:

I don't have issues with trades in general.

I don't have issues with midseason trades overall.

I don't have issues with trading Patterson. I would have been OK with trading him or anyone else for an adequately helpful return.

I don't have issues with trading for Robinson, or even taking chances on draft busts in general. A small enough bet for a small chance at getting a relatively big return is fine by me-- Even though I can't really remember the last failed lotto pick whose career the Rockets turned around.

I do, however, dislike this trade because Morey overpaid for his draft bust gamble in the middle of a playoff chase. I dislike when management shows so little regard for the efforts of the players on the team right now as to give away a starter for a guy who has shown nothing in the NBA.

I hope Robinson becomes helpful. He seems like a nice guy and has been through a lot. I hope Motiejunas grows rapidly into his role-- I was hoping for HOU to draft him when he was first in the draft picture. In fact, I was bummed when he withdrew in 2010. I hope for the best but cannot say that I objectively expects it based on what I see.

I would prefer to be wrong and will admit it if evidence show that I am.

11. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

great, now that carl's gotten all that off his chest we can finally resume to normalcy around the GARM.

12. Carl Herrera

I will stay quiet until the end of the game tonight, when there is more evidence by which to judge.

13. thekad

thekad Member

Can we go back to the reality where Patterson was an awful player and didn't deserve any of the playing time he received anyway?

"Overpaid" lmao. Patterson was a bad contract at this point.

14. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

why not just stay quiet till the end of the season this year, when there will be even more evidence by which to don your black robe with gavel in hand and judge?

15. Blaster_333

Blaster_333 Member

You're going to judge him against the Mavericks? I can almost guarantee you're going to be disappointed. It doesn't matter if we had Morris, Patterson, or Jones at the 4, Dirk owns the Rockets and most matchups out there.

Then again, what exactly are you expecting from Robinson? If he gets more than 2 rebounds, can we say he's better than P-Pat?

16. Carl Herrera

Then why do people bother talking about the team at all during the season? As fans we are always taking in ans reacting to new info as they become available. In fact, pretty sure the front office and coaches do the same.

17. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

I don't know, CH's anger about this trade is at least a lot more interesting to read than a bunch of other posters whining about Lin's minutes. It is nice for variety if nothing else.

18. kozmo

kozmo Member

Lin this, Lin that....what were missing is a force down low. A guy like Tyson chandler....defensive guy who's so strong.... We're weak down low

19. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

yeah people bother talking about the team. it is, however, an entirely different thing to bother people here by talking about the same point about the team ad nauseum in repetitive new threads and posts all weekend long. in the short span of a few days you have managed to reincarnate old school DD from back before his hiatus.

20. Carl Herrera

Amazing how the least experienced team in the NBA has a positive W-L record when an awful player who is overpaid at $2M/yr gets so many minute on the floor with which to kill the team's chances.

Here's what to look for: pick and roll defense and defensive rotations.

Don't look at how guys do defending iso and straight post-ups, the younger guys generally do OK when they are just guarding the dude in front of them. In fact, Greg Smith does a better job on these than Asik at times.

Guys like DMo struggle when he has to make decisions. This is how Sanders got loose for 2 consecutive dunks off pick and rolls against him before he was benched. Harris and Nicholson also got loose under the basket from off-ball movement against Motiejunas time and again. This kind of stuff is deadly for a big since missed rotations often = lay ups and dunks for them, not just open Js.

Patterson (and Morris) do not break down on these nearly as often.

HOU's chance for winning this one will likely depend on Delfino and Parsons being able to contain Dallas in a small ball lineup. The small front line has been effective (in lesser minute) all year, we need it to work for longer stretches now since the inexperienced PFs are liabilities.

#100 Carl Herrera, Mar 3, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2013