1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Mavericks @ Rockets 12/23/2013

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 22, 2013.

1. Dantevioys

Dantevioys Member

Had to make an account to say this: You LOFs and anti-Lins are hecka funny. To the anti-Lin fans, it's his first game back from a back injury, cut him some slack. To the LOFs, why can't you guys handle some criticism? Surely, Lin himself is able to accept criticisms of his game. If he wasn't able to handle it, he would have given up his dream of playing in the NBA a long time ago. The 3rd was horrible to watch. Terrible defense, Lin and Brooks got picked off and ended up on Dirk, and Dirk did his thing. There was some missed assignments and a few TOs by Lin that led to Mav scores.

2. ThisVoice

ThisVoice Member

I don't get Mchale's in game adjustment, Dirk was doing whatever he wants and we couldn't adjust...

3. Bucketfans

Bucketfans Member

Just curious, do you also blame Bev for his non-existent facilitating?

I thought Lin had a good offensive game but man to man D was terrible.

Loss will always be on a TEAM, everyone contributed to this loss in some way or another.

Going through the pages and my impression is that the sacrificial LIN got a big welcome back from Clutchfans :)

4. MonKing

MonKing Member

You are just another of those TOF guys (Team Only Fans). How we gonna get record thread lengths with you making reasonable posts like that? :)

Guys like DD haven't had Lin to blame for almost a month and they're really frothing at the mouth tonight. But of course you are right: The most important issue is how well the team does. And at the moment there are a lot of questionable coaching decisions that are making victories harder than they should be to get.

5. leangle25

leangle25 Member

Suns are above us alreadyy

6. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

The team lost dillweed !

DD

7. MonKing

MonKing Member

Have you ever been tested for manic-depressive disorder?

8. PnRScreen

PnRScreen Rookie

why Lin doesn't penetrate on each freaking procession when his production is so good under the rim??

Just develop himself as SG, screw PG that has been a mess with mcfail screwing around.

9. Oracle

Oracle Member

Yes, I do. Not only Bev but Brooks as well.

I'm very happy that JLin is back, because I think he is a very important piece. In fact, I believe that Lin can be the much better starting PG, because he has a much better BB IQ than Bev. I just want to see him using it.

10. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Gotcha.

DD

11. MonKing

MonKing Member

So I take it as yes, you have been tested but no, you won't take your mere. Got it.

12. MonKing

MonKing Member

Meds (damn autocorrect)

13. ryebread

ryebread Member

Just re-watched the 15-1 run that lost us this one. You guys are out of your minds blaming AB and Lin. AB wasn't even in the game during that run. I was going to do a play by play of that run, but you trolls don't deserve that much of my time. Lin had one missed shot and one turnover during that run. He also had the only point. Yes, the first 3 by Calderon, Lin could have run him off the line better, that's on him. But the three by Monta - that was in transition before the defense could get set and Lin was back protecting the basket. So when Monta shoots and Lin makes a run at him, it looks like Lin was slacking off but that wasn't the case at all - he had to protect the basket while everyone else was getting back on D. The 3 by Dirk - Lin had a hand in his face, it was a good contest, and Lin was helping out as it was Parsons who was cheating into the paint and leaving Dirk open at the top of the key.

So during that run, of course Lin deserves some of the blame, but no more than anyone else that was out there. Chandler bricked a three and had a shot blocked that led to an easy transition bucket for the Mavs. Dwight had a TO. TJones missed a 20 footer (albeit the shot clock was winding down). And of course Garcia was non-existent. Except when he fouled (Dalembert?) instead of boxing out which led to an extra possession for the Mavs which resulted in the aforementioned 3 by Calderon.

Kind of sad how these game threads degenerate into a Lin v. Player X debate. Most of the trolls on here don't even watch the games. Save up your allowance and/or unemployment and just buy leaguepass or stop pretending to know what you're talking about.

1 person likes this.
  14. yummyhawtsauce

irving's fg is 40% and is also not a leader.

15. yummyhawtsauce

lol ty :3 when did Lin and the said-pgs start to guard Dirk? I didn't watch the game.

16. j3i

j3i Member

They're the real surprise this year. Everyone knows Portland has a solid team with 2 stars. Hornacek is making magic happen with his team. Not to mention Bledsoe and Dragic stepping up big time.

17. knickstorm

knickstorm Member

LOL, people want to blame the 5 million dollar guy who just came back and has been out for the better part of the last month??!? what other reason is there besides rustling feathers? This man has to score, get assists, not turn it over too much, and lock his man down or he gets roasted after every loss

Double standard is off the charts. Rockets lose to the Suns, Harden goes 3-17 and i'm reading left and right "man we really missed Parsons, he's the heart of the team, etc etc."

Yet after the loss today, there's more posts about it being Lin's fault than posts about the team going without their best player.

THe bottom line is this staff can't coach. No adjustments, no detailed game-plan I can see, and its not surprising. McHale's just not that hard a worker when it comes to that. These coaches need to eat drink and breathe this stuff and there's no indication he does.

Even back in his playing days Larry Bird jokes about McHale in training camp. COmpared to his typical workout it was going from miller to miller-lite.

18. lfw

lfw Rookie

What gave it away? The images posted earlier of asians crying?

19. archinkent

archinkent Member

I find this ironic since you used to defend Brooks to death when Lowry outplayed him.

20. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Lowry didn't have a decent jumper at the time and Brooks came off of an MIP year I defended him too. Lowry was a more complete player but it also depends on what the team needs. Lets not get into that though, don't open old wounds.