1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Mavericks @ Rockets 12/23/2013

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 22, 2013.

1. muas2010

muas2010 Member

On LP, I stopped listening to Rockets announcers just for that very specific reason.

2. PnRScreen

PnRScreen Rookie

Harden will only drag the team down further if his efficiency on scoring remain low.

3. CasaDolce

CasaDolce Rookie

So true. Some people here are just parroting what the announcers said...

You're lucky. My LP doesn't let me choose :(.

4. JasonXXX

JasonXXX Member

You seriously believe Lin isn't interested in being the PG?! You think he likes playing off the ball so much?! He would love to run the offense every time. Trust me. You'd have to be blind or have Asberger's syndrome (inability to empathize) to not see how much it pains him not being the floor general. Even with Harden out, he barely runs the offense. McHale's offense doesn't really require a floor general anyway. It's democratic PG play. By the way, Linsanity wasn't just about Lin's high point totals. It was more about team ball, really tough team defense, and Lin's assists.

5. Oracle

Oracle Member

No. I let Lin decide what kind of game he wants to play. If he does not want to create shots for others, he, as a PG, is left alone to win the game.

6. PnRScreen

PnRScreen Rookie

Lin is becoming more and more like SG..

Garcia has 0 production filling up that role.

7. Doppleganger

Doppleganger Rookie

If Lin makes fewer TOs, but scores less, people will complain. If he facilitates more, people will say he's not being aggressive enough. If he scores big but also makes TOs, people obviously complain. Bottom line: there will always be something that someone will pick at. If Lin had a complete game, he'd be a superstar. But everyone here says he isn't one, yet they still harp on him anyways.

8. Oracle

Oracle Member

That's funny. I checked the stats once again. He didn't take any shots. The one that he took, he scored (a short J) and the other was probably a pass to Dwight more than a shot. Clyde and the stats people decided that it was a shot attempt. Casspi took just 2 shots making one of them. So what do you mean by shot selection? Did you watch the game?

9. Oracle

Oracle Member

I don't. There are a lot of people here who will complain also if the Rockets win by 30 points. That's in their nature. In my opinion, the Rockets roster will have 100% production only if the PG really pushes the ball and the ball moves. Now the Rockets had less 3-point attempts than the Maverics. The Rockets cannot win that kind of game.

One also has to understand that Parsons/Casspi/TJones guarding Dirk will not stop him from shooting. They are all 6'9'' and Dirk is 7'0''. He will shoot over them at will, because that's what he does in the NBA (with great success I would say).

10. Stone Cold Hakeem

Stone Cold Hakeem Contributing Member

Lots of vaginal bleeding going on in this thread. Someone needs to hook up some Playtex, stat.

11. hardenisaboss

hardenisaboss Member

It's ok, we regroup, get Harden back and kill spurs on christmas

12. k-money

k-money Member

Will harden be ready to go for the spurs game?

13. archinkent

archinkent Member

Lin comes back and he gets all the blame. Typical GARM :rolleyes:

14. Oracle

Oracle Member

Is that a fact? Did you see the game?

PS. I'm not going to participate in my psychological evaluation. In general, why don't you just think just once how to handle a different opinion. I know it is difficult, but it's worth the effort.

15. MonKing

MonKing Member

Let me get you a wahmbulance !!!

Poor poor Jeremy lin haters, they can't take it when their most hated player is complimented.

He deserves what he gets, credit when he plays great, criticism when he makes plays on defense that are bad coaching decisions.

20 points on 10 shots - consistently driving the lane and causing so much chaos the Mavs coach harangues his players ...poetic.

16. sleepyazn

sleepyazn Member

Saw the game, reason why Rockets lost? They got out-coached. Why the other team constantly run plays to let their star player Dirk easy shots against easy assignments, Rockets continues to let zone defense completely baffle them.

17. Dantevioys

Dantevioys Member

Mm

Well with how this team is built, most of the offense flows through Howard. Pass it inside to D12, let him work and if he doesn't like the look, kick it out and find the shooter. How do you know it pains him to not run the offense? There is way more to Asperger syndrome than just a lack of empathy.

18. Oracle

Oracle Member

If you are talking about me, I never blame anybody. I only say how, in my opinion, The Rockets could perform better. To the LOFs, I really think Lin is a very good player and a very nice person. However, he gets a lot of touches and he can make a difference if he selects to do so. I think he should, before anything else, make an effort to get everybody involved. That would pay off better than a penetration however successful.

19. Doppleganger

Doppleganger Rookie

Thanks for posting

20. Oracle

Oracle Member

Don't get this wrong. JLin plays very, very good BB as that stat line indicates. I just don't want him to become another Kyrie Irving, who has great stats and the team constantly loses.