1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Mavericks @ Rockets 11/22/2014

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 21, 2014.

1. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

Tyson Chandler is gonna have a field day in the paint.

2. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

very real possibility that the Rockets loose by 30...No dwight vs Tyson Chandler and Dirk...we are going to get destroyed on the block...

3. True Rocket

True Rocket Member

As long as Harden is on the court I think we have to beat any team even without Dwight. He played solid last game, I wouldn't be surprise to see a big game from him. Monte Ellis isn't going to lock him up.

I don't know how the hell were going to guard Dirk.

4. Visagial

Visagial Contributing Member

I've got tickets to this one but almost wish I didnt. It will be an annihilation without Dwight.

5. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Even with Dwight, this would be a tough game. Rockets have been playing like ass offensively, and other than Dwight we have no rotation quality big.

Without Dwight, this could get ugly.

6. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

Rockets win by 10+.

7. wfeebs

wfeebs Member

Just don't let Parsons have a good game. If they blow us out it'll be horrible, but if they blow us out and he does awesome, it'll be so much worse

8. mrm32

mrm32 Member

Dallas can suck it. Harden is going off for 50 and we're taking home the win.

9. gigantism

gigantism Member

I'm not concerned at all. Why's everyone being so yellow-bellied? Their defense is horrible and their offense relies on streaky mid-range shooting. Bev will lock Monta up. Ariza will lock Parsons up. They have no answer for Harden or Ariza's shooting since their defense is terrible. Dirk...well he can go get his but he can't win the game by himself.

10. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

Dude, have you been watching games? We are shooting so terribly that teams are letting us HAVE the 3s. Wide open looks. Not even closing out. We still aren't making them. And I guess Tarik Black is gonna corral Tyson Chandler inside? Come on.

11. Dhoward12

Dhoward12 Member

Cause they just lost to the lakers

12. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

it'll be a 3 point shooting contest if there's no dwight.

13. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I think some people aren't watching the games. I sense it.

14. eman

eman Contributing Member

If Dwight sits, sheesh, sit Harden too. Let's RGV they azz: Canaan, Daniels/Terry, Ariza, DMo/Pap, Black/Dorsey. Maybe our threes will fall. Live or die, just jack that **** up.

15. chandlerbang21

Dallas wins by +20

16. chandlerbang21

Dallas has been winning with ball movement and defense actually. They shoot mids, 3's and high % from alley oops to Chandler or parsons driving paint.

Harden has shot worth a damn since end of last season before playoffs. Ariza shot is flat cause he is playing excessive minutes . rockets will lose

17. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

We have no answer for Dirk and Chandler. Tyson Chandler I mean.

The only way I can see us winning this game without Dwight is if the Mavs fall into our pace and try to play fast, then Harden and his boys can run and play fast break ball. Problem is if Dallas falls into that trap, Carlisle will see this and correct the problem before it results in a loss.

We can't play half-court with this team, if we had Jones and Dwight I'd be as confident as ever that we'd win this game. Jones can't guard Dirk but at least he'd force Dirk to guard him.

This could get ugly, but we have some days of rest and Harden. I don't expect it to be embarrassing, just that it will be a clear domination. Unless Dwight comes back, Dwight obviously changes a lot of things.

18. torocan

torocan Member

I'd actually be okay with that. Pull a Pops and get Harden some rest. I'd rather not give Dallas the bragging rights if we can avoid it.

It's not like we're stopping their offense. Dirk and Tyson Chandler will get pretty much anything they want. Beverley isn't stopping Ellis without any bigs to defend the rim with the way that Carlisle runs screens.

Get the beard some rest and then come back stronger later is just fine in my books.

19. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

I envision this not being fun at all...

But I will watch and hope for the win nonetheless. Just don't let Parsons go off, please.

20. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

I'm not saying I think we have a good chance at winning, but I will be interested to see the comments from those posters who are near the ledge if we do pull out a win.