1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Mavericks @ Rockets 11/14/2015

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 14, 2015.

1. Mattician

Mattician Member

Embarrassing.

2. ilovehtownbb

ilovehtownbb Member

Great first post mate.

3. OpenLayup-Why3?

I am a little shocked. We lost to a team, led by Raymond Felton. Dude was irrelevant for the last.. forever. He's fat and slow. He's bad playmaker. Yet our guards made him look like a star. I knew there will be problem with Lawson's D. But Lawson didn't even play in 4th when Ray Ray scored 15. God damn it James, do you have any pride?

4. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Glad I didn't waste a single minute watching this game

Not going to waste my Saturday nights here on if McFail is still coach. I'll just check box scores at the end

5. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Sickening we keep losing go scrub bleep teams.

6. Mattician

Mattician Member

Yeah. I just record the games now.

7. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Here we go with the "there is no one better to replace McHale" talk. Lol ok

8. OTMax

OTMax Member

Wow I figured it would look at the score again hoping they would've blown out the Mavs and prove us wrong somewhat. Then they go and do this...it's not even about McHale any more. Like Calvin said, it's about pride. They should be embarrassed and to hear Harden talk about WE again is pissing me off. The guy is not a leader and will never be MVP or lead us anywhere unless he embraces the role that is required of the best player on a team.

McHale clueless again of course, but players not giving effort is not solely on the coach. I've been a coach and when someone doesn't play hard, you can take them out, talk to them, try to inspire them and that's it. Then it's all up to them. When it's consistent, then the players probably do not want to win badly enough, have no faith in you as a coach and or the system and or there are problems outside of basketball. I'm not sure what is going on here, but it is something.

A team making it to the WCF does not all of a sudden lose like this. People comparing this to Lebron & Bosh to the Heat, stop it. It's not the same at all. We just have to ride this out and unfortunately my gut feeling has become true: you cannot rely on a back court of Harden & Ty to win a championship, especially with the current system and coach, Morey's philosophy is flawed and we got too big for our britches since that fluke Clippers series. Remember that Howard even said that the team quit on each other during games. They showed the same effort in games 3, 4 & 6 (before the 4th) right here.

Bright spot: TJ showing some flashes of what kind of player he can be. He can be very good, he just cannot play good consistently which is very frustrating for us to watch and for him even more so. He must be one of those guys who constantly questions his skills and can get caught up in a negative mindset leading to mistakes and a lack of effort. I know the type, but hey, maybe he can turn it around.

9. chandlerbang21

Correct. Coaches all preach the same things in practice and in games . its up to the players to execute.

10. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

What the players are actually executing falls on the coaches strategies/plans. That's where it sucks to have Mchale as your coach because he has no good strategy or game plan.

11. rocketmc

rocketmc Member

why don't they sit harden out for several games and run the offense through lawson. watch you see beautiful teamball and rockets winning. where plays are actually being run and not the iso crap. you see a happy team.

please fire morey!!!!!

12. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

Dirk said "this was the greatest win in team history". And, he said both teams hate each other. What a drama queen.

#1132 Surfguy, Nov 15, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2015
  13. BigShasta

BigShasta Contributing Member

That pass fromTY to TJ was a thing of beauty

14. DraftBoy10

DraftBoy10 Member

Great 1st post.

15. EightDoobies

EightDoobies Member

Man this Rockets team looks horrible. And it sadly has the most talent.

16. Mkieke

Mkieke Member

2 games in a row where Houston digs a deep hole then decides to turn up the intensity in the 2nd Half, only to find out it's too little too late. Can we start turning the intensity up in the 1st Quarter? Whatever we are doing pre-game clearly isn't working. Change up the routine man.

17. basketballholic

Literally all 5 Mavs players open on this drive.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">&quot;Tough&quot; Rockets defense vs Raymond Felton. <a href="https://t.co/RdguEiMPO7">https://t.co/RdguEiMPO7</a></p>&mdash; Tas Melas (@TasMelas) <a href="https://twitter.com/TasMelas/status/665916812907909121">November 15, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

18. rockets13champs

I think ty lawson is cancer just like rondo was to the mavs

19. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Lawson is awful on D wow.

20. yixiixiy

yixiixiy Member

That was how much a good coach matters. Rick doing magic with his scrubs while McHale squandering talents. Enough is enough.