1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Mavericks @ Rockets 11/14/2015

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 14, 2015.

1. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

Them feels... When back-to-backs on Saturday and Sunday (Down Under) are the highlight of your week and what you look forward to.

2. ApuN

ApuN Member

Are you serious????

Theres no one on the Rockets who is even remotely close to Klay Thompson - and thats just one guy!!

The GSW are playing at a historic level right now - get off the drugs dude

3. Harden2Capela

Harden2Capela Member

lol klay thompson is overrated dude, his PER this year is garbage, a catch and shoot 3-point shooter.. isnt that what marcus thronton is

the rockets have just as much talent as anyone else in the league

4. Firebomb525

Firebomb525 Member

I just want us to care...is that too much to ask?

5. rocketman84

rocketman84 Member

We were competitive with them for games 1,2,4,5 last year. It's not that far fetched

6. digitallinh

digitallinh Member

Dwight howard probably is probably better than Klay Thompson right now.

The problem with the warriors is they have multiple ways to win a game.

Klay thompson might be their 4th best player as scary as that is.

Curry and Green are clearly superior. But you can make the case for AI, Barnes, or the Ezeli/Bogut duo as being more impactful.

7. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

Go Coogs and Go Rockets!

8. digitallinh

digitallinh Member

Aside from defense which is kind of a big thing. Klay is a neutral defender, thornton is a pretty big negative.

9. juanm34

juanm34 Member

Should be an easy victory for the team that actually shows up and plays real basketball.

10. CK Johnson

CK Johnson Member

Win baby win!!!!!!!

11. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

Bev in crutches and walking boot. No timetable for his return.

12. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

untradeable dead money contract

13. motleydeflep6

motleydeflep6 Member

Clutch city uniforms tonight

Also we should win tonight with this news

@EarlKSneed: Looking like Dirk Nowitzki, Chandler Parsons and Wesley Matthews will sit out tonight in Houston. They walked out the locker room together.

14. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

Just give Jet some burn and he'll light his old team up.

I don't know what to predict anymore. Maybe, if we had a consistent starting lineup or a consistent rotation, we would be able to analyze our chances based on mismatches and what not. Throwing Montrez in there out of nowhere is beyond idiotic. Coach, he's just a rook. Let him adjust with time. I still think you go with TJ at the 4, especially with D12 not playing. Even with his mediocre start to the season, TJ knows how to play. I hope that Nugz game was his return to grace.

I fully expect James to play better tonight. Outside of that, our guys, with the exception of LowKeyMT have been inconsistent. Then again, I believe a lot of it is outside of their control. Kevin is running lineups that haven't played together often and breaking his rotation times up inappropriately. I've been disappointed with Corey's play this season, but he's not going to gain any confidence if his minutes are all over the place.

That's one of the reasons I liked JVG. Even when guys struggled, he still rocked with them because, as any coach knows, good players break out of slumps with time and support. JVG wouldn't decrease minutes or change line-ups due to shooting slumps or losses. He made subtle adjustments that didn't deter confidence in his team. Shoot, he had David Wesley playing like a boss, despite his size, low vertical and inability to get to the basket. JVG made it work for the players and didn't pit them against one another. (That revelation will come soon enough.)

Mr. Clint definitely needs to step up. I know he's still in his rookie body, but he's needed and hopefully delivers. I'm not a huge fan just yet. I shudder when he can't catch the ball or when he finishes at the rim with butterfingers. His hand-eye coordination needs some work and he needs to be more aggressive on the offensive, and defensive, end of the court. I'm probably expecting too much from raw talent, but I must have nightmares of Stromile Swift's promise and subsequent disappointment. I'll give Clint time.

I've got the Rockets in this one, by about 8, with a near collapse in the 4th.

My game predictions don't mean much anymore though lol. I had us beating the Nuggets and I witnessed one of the worst coaching experiences, since the time I sat in Cleveland and watched Mike Brown do nothing but that awkward smile/grit/open mouth thing he does during moments of confusion. (Think Renee Zellwegger/Drew Barrymore annoying face)

LOL..

Go Rox.

15. jeevinesh

jeevinesh Member

No Dwight. We are officially screwed on the boards and defensively in the paint. Capela is fantastic but... Sigh

If love you, Rockets.. Go get this one.. You are like an undisciplined child with ADHD..

You love the child but you have to manage your own expectations.. Unpredictable

16. Harden2Capela

Harden2Capela Member

looks like even the mavs want the rockets to keep mcfail around

17. jeevinesh

jeevinesh Member

****, Mavs will win.. We are great at playing down to the competition

18. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

Mavs by 15, Les calls Murray to fire MilkHair. Thibs is immediatelly named coach, Clutchfans.net orgasms

19. Mr. Dominant

Mr. Dominant Contributing Member

I'm going to the game tonight. We are definitely winning this. My presence never fails.

20. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

If we lose without their 3 best guys playing, I will be severely depressed...and I don't even drink. I am surprised I don't following Houston sports all my life :p