1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Mavericks @ Rockets 1/28/2015

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 27, 2015.

1. Stardog75

Stardog75 Member

All I know is that I get a partial when I see 3 white headbands in the game.

1 person likes this.
  2. Gimmmethemike

Gimmmethemike Member

Batkins where are the videos at bro! We are waiting

3. redhotrox

redhotrox Contributing Member

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/-ttFo2sK5j4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

4. alethios

alethios Member

Yes! thank you.

5. Gimmmethemike

Gimmmethemike Member

Thanks my *****

6. Red Chocolate

Red Chocolate Contributing Member

I can't prove it but it seems like when either 2 or 3 of Ariza/Brewer/Smith are on the court it really makes life annoying for opposing teams to utilize passing lanes. Brewer was a pretty huge addition.

7. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

What impressive plays by Josh Smith.:eek:

If no Josh Smith stepped up, we would lose this game.

8. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Has to be a troll, maybe even a CF member, almost all of his videos are based on hating the Rockets and Houston.

9. HoustonCRT

HoustonCRT Member

10. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

one of the oddest games i've ever watched, there was no runs by either team in the second half (it bounced between a 2 and 8 point lead for all but the first few seconds of the 2nd half)

11. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Contributing Member

Just watched the game...had to avoid exposure to internet, FaceBook & social media all day to avoid the score!

Damn it feels good to beat the Mavs, even with the refs trying to steal it away with 2 bogus offensive fouls called on Harden, followed by the 'flagrant' foul...and the other no calls.

But Damn! My heart was beating so hard it the walls were shaking!

Great game by J Smoove & Brewer off the bench!

Great shooting & D from Ariza, especially the second half.

Loving The Jet.

Great game by Harden, who was playing 1 on 4 most of the game...

Heck, even Dorsey rebounded well, & Bev played awesome Defence and had a good game even though his shot was off.

& welcome back TJ.

I love my Rockets...absolutely love 'me.

H-Town till I die...Red or Dead baby!

1 person likes this.
  12. RCPM

RCPM Member

SUCK It, you so called fan.

13. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Kinda hard to go on a run if you're the Rockets when Monta Ellis can't miss through 3 quarters. And hard for the Mavs to go on a run when their bench is badly outplayed by ours. The 4th quarter was tight because Harden was well-guarded by Rondo and banged up and because Ellis was shut down by the Rockets by forcing the ball out of his hands.

It was a really good game aside from some BS calls by the refs late in the 4th. Felt like a playoff matchup, especially with the way the crowd got into it. I swear, the two best games this season by the Rockets fans at Toyota Center have been against the Mavs. Something about that team just gets them PO'd.

14. RCPM

RCPM Member

Pretty sure this is n l rocket! ;)

15. BimaThug

BimaThug Resident Capologist
    Supporting Member

Even if Dwight were out for the year, it's too late to apply for a Disabled Player Exception. The deadline passed on January 15.

However, had the deadline not passed, the Rockets would be entitled to a DPE in an amount equal to the LESSER of (1) half of Dwight's salary or (2) the Non-Taxpayer MLE. So, $5.305 million.

And under the current CBA, the Rockets could only use the DPE to sign a player to a ONE-year deal or to trade for (or claim off waivers) a player in the LAST season of his contract. (No more being able to sign Trevor Ariza to a five-year deal after Yao Ming goes down with his broken foot.)

16. Junkyard Dog

Junkyard Dog Member

That's where DH12 goes to get "better". :cool:

17. kiyan

kiyan New Member

I'm in the way of becoming a fan of Josh

18. kiyan

kiyan New Member

you are right

19. MissouriRocket

That is Houston biggest issue right there. Dragic would make this team a top tier team in west

20. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Unfortunately Phoenix is 27-20 and OKC lost to the Knicks last night and dropped to 23-23. The Thunder are behind the Pelicans in the standings, never mind the Suns! Granted, there's still a lot of season left and OKC does have something like 6 more home games than road games the rest of the way. But they seem to be having a lot of trouble putting together a string of good performances. So I wouldn't hold my breath for Phoenix to deal Dragic.

And don't give me any nonsense about Durant being out. They were playing the Knicks!