1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Magic @ Rockets 4/1/2013

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 1, 2013.

1. AggNRox

AggNRox Member

first, i really don't want to expand discussion beyond this game. i was reponding to a poster who said lin had a solid game so i assume 19 and 11 are what the poster based to say a solid game. you should debate with him instead of me.

second, since you expanded the dicussion beyond this game, i used what lin said in the post game interview, THE PG and A PG to response your argument. btw, i am not interested in debating his consistency in a game thread. move on.

2. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Is Lin the starter or not and is he getting over 30 minutes a game. I said to say he has all the time to be very productive on the court. Hardin is not taking away from his growth, like you are implying here. Ive watched every game and attended several games this season. I am a die hard Rockets fan, been watching since the 80's joker. Some of you cats , not saying you, but are on here because of Lin only...So they are looking at the game half full, only point out the positives but yet blame others for the negative..

3. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

say lil dude I said yep,,,meaning yes

4. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Is there something wrong with saying "solid game"??????? Get off the gas Ninja,

5. AggNRox

AggNRox Member

lin has proved again and again when he is THE PG, everyone played hard and everyone contributed no matter whether it is knicks or rox.

whether do THE PG and A PG contribute something to his "inconsistency" (your term)? it is definitely debatable.

it is not my intention to drag other players into the discussion. our bench didn't perform good although they have same coach as starters.

1 person likes this.
  6. AggNRox

AggNRox Member

no. nothing wrong. talk to karolik. he don't like solid instead he wanted me to use sensational.

7. rolandvpro

rolandvpro Member

ughhh i just had a picture in my head that i really didn't want

8. YoungGods

YoungGods Member

It was not Lin's eggroll or Manu's sausage but someone else's corndog, according to Parson's tweet. LOL:grin:

9. Gumblin

Gumblin Member

You probably won't believe it, but I'm not. It so happens that on the Giants board, I was one of the "Eli realists". Now I'm on the flip side of the coin in putting Lin over the team.

I just know how annoying we can be. That is all. I'm perfectly content to lurk here and enjoy the banter back and forth, but I feel compelled to at least try and make dealing with LOFs more palatable.

I don't think we're to this extreme, but Tebowites are their own worst enemy with their fanaticism. No team wants to deal with the circus he brings.

10. redearth

redearth Contributing Member

Man, why did u have to say that? :eek::grin:

11. gefforycook

gefforycook Member

No, that special treat is reserved for you only.

12. verysimplejason

Maybe if he gets to play as a real PG, this will be real even if given just 30-35 mins of playing time. That said, it's also good that somebody like Harden share his PG duties with him because Lin doesn't have the stamina to do it for 30mins. Also being forced to play SG sometime will also train his shooting skills more thus prolonging his durability. Driving in the paint is a high risk job. All in all, I think McHale just needs to be efficient in using him whenever he's on the court.

13. New

Raskol, there is a reason why "Lin fans" is frequently used. Joining date is similar to race, a simple way to make someone feel inferior. torocan speaks based on the facts, and there are two way to argue with him: claiming what he says is TOO "STATISTICAL", or labeling him as LIN fans. Both have been used not just once even in the game thread alone. Unless the much senior member of this forum comes out to say loudly enough is enough (labeling someone as Lin fans without fact checking), this will go on until the 2012 and 2013ers become the middle class of this forum.

14. kent335

kent335 Member

When a person joined this board does not determine if their post have more credibility. It's the substance of the post that determines the credibility.

I've noticed a lot of multi accounts being created by LOHs to continually bash Lin. It seems like as soon as one LOH account gets banned, that person will create another account to say the same thing.

15. SuperStar

SuperStar Member

They lose credibility posting stuff like this :(

16. dxdx

dxdx Member

someone's being passive aggressive here...

17. AggNRox

AggNRox Member

just found out. corrected.

18. dxdx

dxdx Member

he wasn't talking about growth, but about utilisation. Lin is not being utilised properly, plain and simple. It's been pointed out through and through by many of the more respectable, quantitative trained posters, who delivered their opinions based on unbiased statistical analysis.

Two can play the game: Some of you dogs , not saying you, are on here because of Lin fans only. So they are looking at the game half full, only point out the negatives but don't acknowledge the positives. :rolleyes:

By the way, watching 'every game' and attending several doesn't make you a better judge of basketball tactics. :rolleyes:

19. mothman

mothman Member

I don't know about you guys, if you truly care about the team, you should be concerned if any player is not giving 100% effort for every game. All players should be held accountable for their lack of effort, and this should start from the top i.e. the player receiving the max dollars. Why give a pass to the player who earned an insane amount of money that most people will not make in their lifetimes?

It is one thing if a player is consistently incapable of playing decent defense despite putting in the effort. It is another if the player has shown flashes of decent to solid defense but only for short stretches while most of the times play lackadaisical or no defense to the point of hurting the team. Defense is all about efforts. When a player slacks off on defense, his teammates would have to pickup his slacks. When your other teammates have to cover your a$$ & play 4 on 5 defense for your lack of effort, that is the very definition of selfishness.

I hope the coaching staff drill the "defense is every player's responsibility" concept into the players' minds every single damn day. No one should be an exception. The leader & best player of the team should also lead by example, otherwise how would the coaches convince the rest of the team to buy that concept?

20. SuperStar

SuperStar Member

Not giving Harden a pass, it's just plain stupid imo to equate his defense with being selfish. Some Lin fans got to stop with this victim mentality and then post stuff like that.