1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Magic @ Rockets 4/1/2013

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 1, 2013.

1. jason330i

jason330i Member

so if lin plays a bad game and the rockets win, are you going to tell the LOFHs and LOHs to STFU too?

2. TheBornLoser

TheBornLoser Contributing Member

Clutch should ban this dude for a week as well.

1 person likes this.
  3. AggNRox

AggNRox Member

i know if i mention lin again you will ask why lin again. c'mon, lin played a fantastic game. he did what a pure pg with high iq can do. he recognized the advantage we had and kept the stretagy simple, feeding our bigs to beat orlando under the basket. i know his #s are not sensational but those are the least he worried. as a pg, #s are not his job. his main job is to get everyone involved. don't you think he made every player playing with him feel they were the part of the game? lin played hard and every one played hard. this is a typical team win which involved everyone.

4. Phillycheese

Phillycheese Member

Given what we know of Lin's character, that seems reasonable.

5. Phillycheese

Phillycheese Member

I agree with this too. Lin is too much of a team player to feel selfish. I think he has crossed that bridge a long time ago. Fans want to see more of him since there is no other, that's natural. So understand they viewpoint too.

6. ogh

ogh Member

A good win although there were some nervous moment towards the end. Our Harden-less best players on the court played best basketball to give big us lead and our bench gained valuable experience to close out the 4th (might be needed in the playoffs who knows when).

7. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

yep if they are on here making up excuses and blaming everybody else but Lin..What are you "Captain Save a Lin Only Fan""""...

8. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Say pimpn you have me all twisted up,,,,,I give props where they are do. Plus Lin is a Rocket, so I cheer for him as well.... But one game bro,,,,one game,,,,let me see him do that consistently. And Lin is not the reason why they all played the way they played...Did you not watch the game...When they all move the ball with great ball movement, they normally win..So great job Coach and even better job players for executing the Coaches game plan....

9. Phillycheese

Phillycheese Member

That wasn't the question asked.

10. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

The key to playing defense in this league is, not letting the other team get in to a rhythm early. Greg Smith has been huge because he really gives us good size when he is playing the power forward position allowing us to jam up the paint.

11. VanityHalfBlack

Was it Lin's eggroll that got parsons food poisoning??

12. Karolik

Karolik Member

How were his numbers not sensational? His numbers were pretty good this game. 19 and 11. If only he could do that instead of playing like a scrub, and maybe he wouldn't average 13 and 6.

13. redearth

redearth Contributing Member

Is this a play off of Manu's sausage?

C'mon man, what's next? Are we gonna talk about the size of Lin's eggroll, and whether Parsons got it with plum sauce?

14. Gumblin

Gumblin Member

As a LOF, some of you guys need to chill the heck out. As someone from the NY Area and a Giants fan, we have a similar thing with Eli Manning. The Jets forums are a similar circus with Tebowites. There are those that put the man above the team and honestly they annoy the fark out of me.

We're not rocket fans. We're rocket followers because of Lin. And quite honestly, some of us LOF are obnoxious as heck. Have some respect for the true rocket fans and not rub Lin in everyone's faces.

15. Yang_Wenli

Yang_Wenli Member

Probably the Sri Lancha sauce that accompanied his eggroll.

16. Second_Cousin

Second_Cousin Member

I don't get it... you want him to play like he did last night and go 19 and 11... when he was THE PG, and forced McHale's hand because there was no Harden and no Parsons for Lin to defer to.

But iyou also have no problem with the way McHale has utilized him this year (not being THE PG), the benchings, etc for a season average of 13 and 6.... and call Lin a scrub for those numbers.

17. glacier921

glacier921 Rookie

[​IMG]

18. Second_Cousin

Second_Cousin Member

Haha troll account.

19. Fighton

Fighton Member

yeah we're all looking for consistency, but to be fair, he hasn't really had a lot of chance to play without harden and play the role that he relishes. hard to be consistent when your role fluctuates from one to another. how do i know this? well look at his quote after the game. he stated, plainly, that the best way for him and harden to play together and be able to do what they're both good at, at the same time, is for him to play pg and harden to play sg. and c'mon, it's not just one game - have you been watching this whole season? i've seen every single game and he's had his share of good to great PG games so it's not just one single game out of the blue.

and yes, lin was one of the reasons they played the way they did and was effective. the bench gave up the lead in Q2 until lin came back in. and gave up the lead again in Q4. so yeah, i'll say he played a big part in how they performed last night, along with asik.

20. MrSabotage

MrSabotage Member

Come on. Most of the guys are really competitive and if it were up to them they'd be on the floor all the time. Im sure Jeremy was at least a little disappointed that he wasn't put back in after it got close in the 4th. And I'm sure he wishes his benchings were fewer and farther between. But does that mean he's furious? Going to go to mgmt and demand a trade or a firing of McHale? I don't think that's his personality.

I do think a larger issue here is McHale's inconsistent rotations and minutes. So many of these Lin discussions are just a symptom of that.