1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Magic @ Rockets 3/8/2020

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Mar 8, 2020.

1. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

The way I see it is the same way it’s been since the Harden era. Make your 3s you win miss them and you lose. During that 8 game winning streak they were shooting over 40% during the 4 game slide it’s been at like 30%.

It’s really that damn simple and it has been for years.

And Harden is Harden he will look like Superman when is 3s are falling and when they are not he looks lifeless and without energy.

hakeem94 and HP3 like this.
  2. Nook

Nook Member

It is three games?

Honestly I am not going to freak out or get too high. Either they are hitting all cylinders in the playoffs or they are not. At this point there is nothing they can do to really change how they play other than to come together as a team and magically get their banged up players healthy.

I don’t really blame any particular player or coach. You are better off just watching because you like the Rockets because nothing radical will change other than their ability to execute or not execute.

Everyone is pissed off when the Rockets were not and are not the most talented team in basketball. They have a high variance which means they have a chance, not a great one but a chance and if you keep in mind what that means then you won’t be disappointed.

hakeem94, BigShasta and HP3 like this.
  3. Mr. Space City

Still got the bucks at the end of the month.

Harden gonna really embarrass himself after the pressure he put on himself after responding to giannis.

4. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

It's going to be one long ass summer.

5. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Rockets are a huge hobby of mine, but I made it a goal this year to really try and enjoy other **** during the season. It is doing wonders and it's crazy how much less these losses really affect me. I'm still a little upset about it, but not enough to make me go crazy and jump off a ledge. You guys should try because it's going to get ugly after this era. Hell it already seems to be getting ugly with the inconsistency.

As long as yall accept that the playoffs will be a likely disappointment y'all's mental health will do a lot better during that time.

6. Severe Rockets Fan

Severe Rockets Fan Takin it one stage at a time...

Yep, this team has no chance. I’ll see you guys next season...hopefully Morey can revamp this crap squad and do something worth watching next year.

7. riko

riko Member

I’m with you but it’s the lack of heart that’s bothersome. No resistance right now.

8. xhanif143x

xhanif143x Member

We are not a good coached team. We don’t have any game plan but jack up threes. It’s time to fire the coach and restart

9. rocketchamp

rocketchamp Member

Daryl Morey has been trying smallball since the Joey Dorsey days. Call a spade a spade

10. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

It’s not a chemistry problem. It’s not even a heart problem (well that is A problem, but it’s not THE problem). It’s a strategy problem. The Rockets went small ball to open up driving lanes for Westbrook and Harden but opponents are just putting their centers down low anyways and we don’t have an answer for it.

Throw in a ton of offensive rebounds for the other team and a lot of turnovers for us and you have a recipe for disaster. MDA is going to have to come up with an answer relatively soon or this season is going to end a lot sooner than we hoped for.

11. Nook

Nook Member

Yup but we have seen that before the last few years and especially this season. They either come together or don’t.

12. hikanoo49

hikanoo49 Member

Didn’t just a couple days ago u attacked All these posters whom stated harden needed to round off his game?

13. fattz

fattz Member

MDA has gotten both Harden and Westbrook to be better than either has ever been. But MDA’s newest change is to do it at the same time. Harden needs to stay out of the paint on the defensive side because it is effecting his whole game. We need to use more role players and let the all world players just play without so much responsibilities because it’s killing their games.

14. BigShasta

BigShasta Contributing Member

Figure there’s not such thing as home court in the playoffs anymore given NBA fans won’t be allowed at the arenas??? Lose and get your favorable match up? Don’t know just throwing **** at a wall. I’m pissed

DeBeards and hakeem94 like this.
  15. riko

riko Member

Again backup you’re allegations of harden having substance abuse problems. You need to be legally prosecuted for slander. Clutch should seriously Report you the Rockets organisation. You can’t just slander people’s name like that.

Unlike your trolling agenda ( you are a obviously a lin troll ) I call it objectively and still think harden will bounce back

jcf likes this.
  16. hikanoo49

hikanoo49 Member

cut and paste where I said he had substance abuse problems. Never said that. Not sure where u got that from. I said Francis had a drinking problem which is well documented and acknowledged public ally by the Francis himself

17. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

nobody will want to face us in the playoffs...its just an effort thing...rockets are officially coasting now...they can beat anybody when they try...

DeBeards and BigShasta like this.
  18. riko

riko Member

And you said you know harden has the same problems

19. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

the same reason people said if teams able to.plan for.us in a 7 game series...

i also think that applied for.us. if we get a chance to prepare for the other team i think we would be good. n how its looking we would play nuggets. everyone fav team to play in the playoffs. i 100 percent believe nuggets will lose in the 1st round. whoever they play

20. abaker28

abaker28 Member

Kenny Atkinson wasn't at the Toyota centre with Tillman for this game was he?