1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Magic @ Rockets 10/16/2013 (PRESEASON)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Oct 15, 2013.

1. RedNation

RedNation Contributing Member

I'm not trying to take away from his contributions. I just don't think he is a "finals mvp" caliber player anymore or even a first option. He is still a great player but if I have to choose between the 2, give me harden every day. I'm sure if you ask heat fans, they'd say the same.

2. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

heck no i wouldn't, Harden is much younger and has many years to grow, we haven't seen the best of him yet.

Both are fantastic players in their own right and Wade hasn't been fit for a few seasons now, but he still can influence games.

3. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

you are only a "finals MVP" caliber if you actually get a finals MVP, i know i sound simplistic but just the way i see it

4. RedNation

RedNation Contributing Member

So you think he's still the same level as when he did get a finals MVP?

5. MazelTov

MazelTov Member

I think Casspi did good even though he shot the ball in dismal percentages, I think it was sort of a test which Casspi pretty much passed, I think we all wanted to deduce if Casspi is able to contribute on the floor for the team in other aspects of the game even though he shoots poorly on the same particular night, I think we got an answer, I know I can't base myself relying on one game but Casspi showed he can distribute the ball really well and grab some boards, I mean he didn't drown in frustration and started to do nonsense or do nothing other than scoring, he played well, he even tied with brooks for most assists in the game if I'm not mistaken, and Casspi isn't an adept passer or at least he didn't show-cased it in his last four years in the league.

6. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

no, i don't think he is, but he is still a damn good basketballer, even when he isn't at his peak fitness

7. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

Don't any of you in this discussion believe your lying eyes. Believe the advanced stats. WS, RAPM, and TS%. They all point solidly to Harden.

8. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

stats are only credible if they point to jlin as the better player

9. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

can you point out where i said Harden isn't better than Wade ? don't think i mentioned it anywhere, all i said is Wade is a great player

10. HMMMHMM

HMMMHMM Contributing Member

Just watched the 1st half. Will watch the 2nd half tomorrow. Romero Osby looks like a player. Probably would start for the Rockets at PF. :)

Not worried at all about the post feed issues. May take a while to get it fixed, but it's really just guys not making simple fundamental plays and not totally knowing what to do when.
    Don't think the Rockets should go to Dwight in the post as much during the regular season, though. It's not his game, no matter what he'd like to believe.

11. roxxy

roxxy Member

Me saying that I would take Wade over Harden doesn't take away from any of the terrific things Harden accomplished last season & doesn't make me any less of a fan of Harden or the Rockets. Just like me saying I would take Paul George over Parsons or Mike Conley over Lin make me any less a supporter of Chandler, Jeremy or the Rockets.

The fact of the matter is that Wade is the 2nd best player on the 2nd best team in the NBA. And yes I do agree if LBJ was not on that team Wade would not have won a title the last two years but he is still imo the best SG in the NBA. Harden is 2nd best. In the next few years that will definitely change and Harden will surpass him.

Do they? I will look into the stats & see. I wouldn't be surprised that offensively harden is far more gifted than Wade but defensively Wade is so much better than harden it isn't even funny & that is what I value.

12. helpourselves

helpourselves Member

Good for Rockets got some players rested

13. kcd

kcd Member

You're just as bad as the fans you keep putting down.

14. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

you too think Wade is better than Harden?

15. kcd

kcd Member

I think he had a pretty good season as Harden last season. Harden is of course better for the future due to his age and health, which is why I wouldn't want Wade.

16. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

No way in hell would I take Wade over Harden. In 2006 I would for sure, but not now. Harden is the better player at this point.

17. HOUSTONJS

HOUSTONJS Member

At this point, you take Harden no ifs ands or buts about it. That is to go for the future. To say that Wade wasn't good or great last season is simply stupid though. We will see this year how much Wade has declined or how much of a step he lost. If he is healthy though, oh damn, he could very well edge out James as best 2guard by a hair and a small hair at that. Point being, they are two really great players.

18. Morlock O

Morlock O Member

I think it is quite unfair to judge Harden's Defense last season:

1. it is his first season with the rockets.
    2. came in with no training camp.
    3. came in from playing 30mins a game to 38 mins
    4. came in from playing 3rd wheel to 1st wheel

all this are factors that made his defense suck... a combination of exhaustion, no training camp can make any star player (non lebron) decrease his defensive efficiency... heck even Dwight's defense last year decreased a lot...

not saying harden is great defender but he should be around the average to the above average type...

19. amazingskills

amazingskills Member

if they keep doing it, it WILL become his game come playoffs...btw it works much better than harden's iso, fadeaway 3 and stepback midrange chucking...

20. amazingskills

amazingskills Member

my thoughts exactly...btw i was amazed at ease with which he dished those assists...cant see how Casspi wont have at least delfinos role at rockets this year if not a greater role...