1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Magic @ Rockets 10/16/2013 (PRESEASON)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Oct 15, 2013.

1. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

The OKC situation happens when you don trade guys like parsons and Bev when their contracts end.

I'm not too worried though because Morey has proven time and time again that he has an unlimited number of rabbits in his hat. He finds guys like Carl Landry, Luis Scola, Kyle Lowry, Von Wafer, Chase Budinger, Chandler Parsons, and Bev every year. It's really remarkable. Now that we have stars again, Morey can really go all out at creating a torrent of amazing and cheap role players.

#641 Fullcourt, Oct 17, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 17, 2013
  2. bonny1

bonny1 Member

Dwight is really not a good post player. He needs PnR

3. Panda23

Panda23 Member

fun game to watch tonight!

4. fxbillie

fxbillie Member

Agree. His moves are based on raw power and athleticism but when he plays again a quality opponent center, he will have problem scoring unless it is pnr.

5. webattorney

webattorney Member

Response

It seems like there will be similar number of TOs, no matter who plays the starting PG.

6. RocketPowerNick

Trade Beverly and Asik, plus T Jones or Montejunas (and maybe even a draft pick) For a MONSTER PF.

7. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Those scrubs have played.

8. torocan

torocan Member

I was hoping that a potential 4 would stand out tonight. I'm still left somewhat non-plussed in terms of our options at the 4.

Casspi, Dmo, TJones.... nobody really stepped up tonight.

Hopefully we'll get more clarity on Monday.

9. rocketblood713

Did anyone see when Harden and Howard had that alley oop Asik was the only one who wasn't impressed while the rest of the team was up jumping and cheering ...lol he might be more pissed then we thought

10. Pumpedupkicks

Pumpedupkicks Member

I'm gonna give him the benefit of jet lag. Maybe he was like, "Do I really need to be here? I could watch this from home."

11. gamcdivi

gamcdivi Member

Well, to be fair... I don't think I've ever seen Asik be overtly enthusiastic about anything really. If my memory serves me right. haha

12. LAC

LAC Member

Agreed. But it seems the game thread is not that exciting today.

Someone needs to tell Parsons to stop his homosexual acts. Tickling and ass grabbing, when caught on TV, are definitely going to attract discussion.

13. ChankMcStank

ChankMcStank Member

Compile all the clips of Asik being impressed last season and you will have a 3-second .gif file.

14. Hardlin parsard

we need a true POWER forward like kenneth faried i think why have two average pf's when you can have one GREAT pf? casspi or greg smith can fill that backup role. I really hope we'll find a answer but we need asik.

15. amazingskills

amazingskills Member

wow! you seriousy underrate dwights contibution...we would have lost every single of these games without him... or it would be a huge struggle...all those easy open looks are solely because of dwight drawing attention...then you have his monstruous D...cmon he is our best-most impactful player...were it not for him you would be watching that painful isobeard whole game long...while playing even worse D...

16. MrSabotage

MrSabotage Member

Nah, too early. This group might have what it takes. Give them a chance to play together for a little while

17. RocketsTerps

RocketsTerps Member

Mine.

Player Rankings:

1.James Harden
    2.Dwight Howard
    3.Chandler Parsons
    4.Omer Asik
    5.Patrick Beverley
    6.Jeremy Lin
    7.Francisco Garcia
    8.Omri Casspi
    9.Terrence Jones
    10.Donatas Motiejunas
    11.Aaron Brooks
    12.Ronnie Brewer
    13.Greg Smith
    14.Robert Covington
    15.Isaiah Canaan
    16.Marcus Camby
    17.Reggie Williams

18. Maknusia

Maknusia Member

Yeah, many fail to see that we run fast run and gun; which is high powered offense game, hence the TO will always be there. But that doesnt mean we need not try to reduce it though ;)

Alot of it could come again to team chemistry. It time, we should sort it out.

TO by Bev, Lin and Harden are fine, since they run the offense, but others need to buck up.

19. amazingskills

amazingskills Member

its only a preseason and some of the guys who are struggling now on PF spot under pressure of fighting for their spot in rotation may easily shine come regular season...

btw Casspi was good last night i dont care he had couple of TO and a bad shooting night.. hes a serious baller ... its obvious now...this was his first game as a starter...

20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

who is shaggy?