1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Lakers @ Rockets 5/14/2009 (Playoffs Round 2, Game 6)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, May 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hbxlucky

hbxlucky Member

Win or lose, Toyota Center needs to be full and loud right up to the bitter end.

2. tmac2k8

tmac2k8 Member

If we are down big and it is clearly over in the 4th...i say let all our big guys out there, Artest, Hayes, Landry, Dorsey and Lowry, and adelman tells them "ok guys, we lost, but lets at least send them to Denver bloody and bruised, Ron, go nuts, you have my approval, go back to be crazy eyes, Dorsey, you suck at basketball, so go out there and act like you in the ring, knock some teeth out, Lowry, go out there and run over some people, Landry, punch Gasol in the mouth, lets get ready to rumble!!!!!"

3. lockmat

lockmat Member

Discovery Green is having a viewing party tonight. Did they have one for any other games? I'm trying to decide if it would be more fun to watch it there or just go to Bubbas.

Did anyone else go to one they've had, if they did?

Only downside I could see is parking...

4. rafikingkong200

rafikingkong200 New Member

Kobe just injured by losing the last shot.
    Force to game 7, and we win this series. ;)

Beat LA! :)

5. couple of d's

couple of d's Member

They're not closing out the series on our home-court. The close-out game is always the toughest game to win. Rox:93 Lakers:87

6. BruceHR

BruceHR Member

Win or go home, nothing to lose. No need to worry, just fight

7. Dattier

Dattier New Member

Keys to the game:

Boards, Boards, Boards - Limit the Lakers' offensive rebounds, dont let them get 2nd chance points AND fight for our offensive rebounds.

Shut down Kobe and Gasol - contest every shot, don't let them drive to the basket and get charging calls to stop any rhythm from developing.

Battier 3's - Who's Your Dattier needs to go 6-12 from Three-Point Land or better

Lastly, the icing on the cake would be if some how kobe were suspended for game 7.

8. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

I'm ready for tonight...

Beat L.A.!!!!

9. IBleedRed08

IBleedRed08 Member

I hope the Rockets will go out there and kick some a$$!

Go Rox! :cool:

10. JakeVincent

JakeVincent Member

I haven't heard about a viewing party at Discovery Green. That's pretty sweet.

I don't think there's been any 'official' Rockets viewing parties in Houston for actual home games. I may be wrong though. When I say official I mean endorsed by the Rockets themselves.

11. dejamike

dejamike Member

lets do this!

12. Naija Texan

Naija Texan Member

Good defense is the key to a Rockets victory tonight. Hopefully, everyone is prepared to play it and not gamble on 3 point attempts.

13. cwebbster

cwebbster Contributing Member

I want them to do this!! I WANT THEM TO DO THIS SO BAD!!! I am prepared for the worst, but prove me wrong!! You guys have been the cardiac kids all season long!! WE DID IT BEFORE..........WE CAN DO IT AGAIN!

14. dreammvp

dreammvp Contributing Member

good thing is we got the blow out out of our system....so we won't get blown again, will we :confused: ..
    rox win by 10 today....win a close one on Sunday...bring on DENVER

15. LabMouse

LabMouse Member

Last game, we had a good start, then Brooks, and Artest started to turn the ball over. The key is to have a good start, stop turn the ball over, let Artest handle the ball less, and get a big win for the fans. Beat LA.

16. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

the Rockets must be ready for the task.it's going to an uphill battle, but one that can be won.

I believe

17. wingcommander87

the season is going to end today.

18. Jimes

Jimes Member

I have no idea what's going to happen tonight, but I have a feeling it will be a tight game. Buzzer beater anyone?

Love my Rockets!

19. BossRolen

BossRolen Member

Dear God lady you're scarin us.

WHO WANTS SOME MORE SLOPPY JOES?! I MADE EM EXTRA SLOPPIES FOR YA!

Rockets are gonna have to come out playing like it is the last game they'll ever play, but maintain composure at the same time. Lakers want to close this thing out. We are undermanned, and have less talent, but we can still beat those heartless fruitcakes.

Rockets 98
    Lakers 92

20. BossRolen

BossRolen Member

There have been official Rockets viewing parties at the Toyota Center for every away game in both rounds...get it together.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.