1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Lakers @ Rockets 2/11/2004

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Feb 10, 2004.

1. PCMILLS

PCMILLS Member

Rockets win big. Francis goes off for 30. Yao goes off for 20. Everyone's happy and getting in line to buy playoff tickets. All Star Break takes place, Steve decides to stay a few more days in LA to take advantage of a "once in a lifetime" event, misses practice, coach gets hot and suspends him. We lose 4 in a row and everyones ready to get rid of Steve. Of course, that'd never happen would it.

2. littlefish_220

We win 96-88

-littlefish

3. WNBA

WNBA Member

lose by 20, 87:107
    SF has a solid game. 30,8,12. with 5 TOs.

4. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

The Rockets will win this one...somehow. 90-86

5. pchan

pchan Member

I am pretty sure Francis would not make one single mistake in this game. I just hope his teammates, his coach, the ref, the media people, and the opposing team don't do anything to screw him up. I am so tired of them not doing their jobs right and make Francis looks bad.

6. ckfol

ckfol Member

The glove is Steve's biatchy............Thank god Payton is 36.

7. KaiSeR SoZe

KaiSeR SoZe Contributing Member

Is Kobe playing? Is the incredible Flop playing? If neither of these players are playing I think we can pull out a win. Yao Ming has to step up as well as our other players. We have to be able to hit long range and mid range jumpers.

8. corbe

corbe Contributing Member

Like I said b4 the Spurs game, Francis will get into a pi$$ing contest with Parker, Kobe, or whoever he's suppose to Guard and forget there are 4 other people on the court.
    Trade this dude NOW. 4 years of Dribble diareaha (sp) and low percentage 'Circus' shots with 2 seconds on the clock has made me very discouraged. I'm tired of his excuses. He hasn't convinced me he's a 'Team' player under Coach van Gurdy. Yea I'm Mad, does it show?

9. Rule0001

Rule0001 Contributing Member

Rockets : 96

Lakers : 88

Franchise with a triple double.

white power.

10. VoltaireLied

VoltaireLied Member

Lakers 128
    Rockets 0

Would be worse, but Jackson will rest his starters in the 4th.

-VL

11. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Ugh, I finally pulled myself back to the CC.net GARM. I stayed out all night last night right after the loss, and all day today. Last night's loss was such a heart breaker. Kind of like what the Rockets did to the Bulls. Allowed them to come back, but then WAM the door slams shut. :(

I really felt like we were going to win, everything was going our way last night...until Gino did the same play 2 times in a row...

Here's to a win on Wednesday, another National TV coverage game....I think.

The lakers are not doing very well as of lately, lets hope they lose.

12. Rocketman03

Rocketman03 Member

I put my money on that. I wouldnt be surprised if Francis puts up career numbers against the Lakers just to shut the media and some of these rockets fans up!! We have a great team! There is nothing worng with Francis..stop ctiticizing him...keep him for the better of the team. We have one of the best if not the best defense in the NBA....and when we hit shots..we are unstoppable!! Example: Rockets vs. T-Wolves, Jan 10th.

13. Rocketman03

Rocketman03 Member

I like your spirit...we need more fans like u!!! Rockets fans ten to be the worst fans in the NBA...i think they should change the site to "rocktes haters.net"

14. farhan007

farhan007 Member

i agree

15. London'sBurning

London'sBurning Contributing Member

Lakers are coming off back to back games against the Heat. They then have to travel over to Houston overnight to play for the next match. Judging from the score it looked like the Heat didn't force the Lakers to waste much energy. It'd of been nice if they could of made Shaq exhausted for the game tomorrow night against the Rockets. Kobe's stitches were removed last I heard but I don't know if he'll be playing tomorrow either. Whatever the case may be, it should be an interesting game that hopefully the Rockets will win.

16. hooroo

hooroo Member

rox win by 10+

17. darkwarrior

darkwarrior Member

they tried rallied back yesterday, and failed. Kudos for fighting back hard. THis, another nationally televised game will be a repeat of the christmas day game. Can you say WIIIIINNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!

18. ths balla

ths balla Member

lakers almost lost to the magic.....easy win for us by 13

19. Charvo

Charvo Member

Against the Heat, Shaq played 33 minutes. Payton played 41 minutes. Pick and roll the Lakers to death with Yao setting picks against Payton. Yao has got his outside shot back.

20. I am a Donut

I am a Donut Contributing Member

Will this be on 51? If I remember right, last time we were on ESPN 51 still carried the game, unlike when we are on TNT.