1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Lakers @ Rockets 12/20/2017

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 20, 2017.

1. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

When you let young teams come in and get comfortable this is what happens, when you put them under pressure from the jump they collapse.

Houston has not been coming out with the proper respect for other teams lately and it finally got them......mostly due to their injuries as we are good enough to get away with it most nights.

I do wish MDA would expand his rotation a bit.....to get Troy Williams some run when others are out....and is Capela really all that hurt? Can't he play though it?

Oh well, had to lose sometime....NEXT !

DD

buffalobills!!!, riko, Remlap and 4 others like this.
  2. underrated015

underrated015 Member

Hurry up Friday. lets take it out on the other LA team

3. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

still undefeated with cp3 healthy

Houstunna likes this.
  4. Stormy1234

Stormy1234 Member

5. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

ducking his former team /s

Stormy1234 likes this.
  6. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

On the coming out with effort front ... I have a hard time swallowing that .

Think about it from a players perspective . Let's say you play with great effort and get up 20 in the first half ... You play great again in the third ... Now you're up 30 ... Still can't rest . Basketball is a game of runs ... Oh the other team hits a few 3's and now it's back to a 20-25 point game ... Have fun staying out there until the 4 minute mark becuase Mike will not put in the bench until then !

On the other hand , you might as well save your energy to make a run for the end .

There is not an incentive ( in terms of rest ) to go out there and ball hard . It's a long season and of course the playoffs are different .

But these guys know even if they go up big they will have to go out there and try to maintain a 20 point lead .

Cp3 , Trevor , pj , James ... These are really smart vets . If they are managing their effort / tank in this way ... It's because it's the smart thing to do from their perspective . I guarantee you if Trevor knew he was only gonna get 28-30 minutes he'd play a lot harder from the get go . With Luc out , Trevor is playing 40+ a game because Dantoni will play him at the 3/4 and play Anderson at the 5 . He's got to save some energy for the end.

7. simon_!

simon_! Member

brewer and his team played well, but unfortunately i didnt do my routine...so, this loss- my bad

8. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

50-point games vs Lakers in a loss

Wilt
    Earl the Pearl
    Jordan
    Iverson
    Harden

Wilt did it 7x

9. J.R.

J.R. Member

10. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

11. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

His prognosis was 2-3 weeks, and he last played on the 13th.

Only 14 more days would be great, but I'm guessing it's longer.

J.R. likes this.
  12. J.R.

J.R. Member

2 weeks away from being 2 weeks away. ;)

Remlap and Houstunna like this.
  13. Shaq2Yao

Shaq2Yao Member

14. Shaq2Yao

Shaq2Yao Member

Friday cannot come soon enough. Need another Rockets win!

15. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

We need to get a boy or 3 in here that can ball. If we lose anyone else we are fuked

16. bawanyh

bawanyh Member

I think this is the time when MDA needs to look at our bench who are just sitting not getting any PT and see who would step up

17. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

I find your post to be quite silly and I have a question for you: Which is more important - Paul playing hurt (and risking further injury) in a meaningless Dec game against his former team (which is a dumpster fire on steroids) OR Having a healthy CP3 ready and available for the NBA playoffs? Which is more important to you and the Rockets?

hakeem94 likes this.
  18. J.R.

J.R. Member

Someone missed the "/s"

Sarcasm!

zeeshan2 likes this.
  19. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

So far, I haven't seen anything to change my opinion of MDA and this team. If you recall I posted after last season's crash and burn that I fully expected MDA not to make wholesale changes to his approach but rather double down on what he's been doing. And so far, he's done just that so I don't expect much by the way of adjustments from him. What you saw last night was the same things we saw last season with Harden having to score 40+ points for them to have a chance at winning. That's a major reason why I'm reserving any judgement about this team until the playoffs because that is the only thing that is important in my eyes. I couldn't give a rat's ass about what Max Kellerman, SAS, Barkley or anyone else in the media has to say about this team. I also could care even less about Harden winning MVP because it's totally meaningless if he's sitting at home watching the NBA Finals (like Westbrick got to do last year) again. Winning the MVP is nice and all but winning a ring should be their goal. This team has yet to be tested and when that time comes, only then will we see what it's made of and learn whether MDA's approach can bring an NBA title to Houston.

Jake Tower, DaDakota and hakeem94 like this.
  20. riko

riko Member

His pure trash performance for 3 Quarters was one the MAIN reasons we were down so big.