1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Lakers @ Rockets 11/4/2009

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BigShotBob

BigShotBob Member

Someone gonna post a link to live stream before game right? =D

2. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

I doubt Ariza will light Ron up. I actually can see Ron shuuting down him tonight.

If Hayes is gonna struggle guarding a player in the NBA, it will be Bynum IMO. He is so long, so athletic. I don't think Drew can back him down but he sure can shoot over him with ease. Will be interesting to see this matchup.

Keys to this game will have to be Luis and Aaron, especially with Pau out. Brooks will have to drive all night long and break Fisher's ankles. Hell, he just cannot even try to guard Aaron.

I expect a big night from Brooks, maybe even 30+ points the way he is playing now.

3. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

ron should be able to stop ariza

ron is effective against players in the paint and players who arent strong enough on the perimeter. while ariza is quicker and longer than him, trev doesnt have the 1 on 1 ability or handles to drive by a defensive player like Ron.

now if ron gets caught up with trying to prove a point then the Rockets may have a shot

hopefully we can run run run run run these guys and tire them in the fourth.

the thing without Pau the lakers rely way too heavily on Kobe for offense and Shane is the best defender in the league against kobe (kobe will still get ~25-30 if not more) but if kobe has to work all night for his points it may be favorable for the Rockets.

Bynum is the biggest factor if he plays smart and scores at will against Hayes the lakers probably win this one comfortably but Hayes is a great defender its the offensive glass that will be the key. If the Rockets can defensively rebound the ball as a team they have a shot.

of course all this also depends on them scoring at the same rate as they have been the past couple of games

1 person likes this.
  4. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

How effective was Ariza against Artest Last year in the playoffs? I dont even remember him playing in the series.. I don't know how reliable he will be in this game.. Has to be another team game..

5. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

What about putting Batt on Artest and Ariza on Kobe to start? Rick has been putting Ariza on the best player the past couple of games and using Battier off the ball because of his superior help defense. Artest may have something to prove and with Batt on him he could force him into shooting even more ill-advised shoots.

6. HTown_TMac

HTown_TMac Member

Ariza was torched by Roy, rethink your analysis?

7. RocketBlood

RocketBlood Contributing Member

Yes we always do :cool:

8. Jordan 18

Jordan 18 Member

who will guard Ariza?

Artest or Kobe?

thanks, got a buddy asking

9. LabMouse

LabMouse Member

The Rockets beat Lakers tonight. We have beaten them with Gasol last year, of course we can beat them without him. Another win for the rockets, and Artest get a warm welcome from the fans and a T from refs as well.

10. fnn2097

fnn2097 Member

Lets make it 4 in a row !!
    Ron artest is gonna jack up 25 shots and miss all of them !!

11. LabMouse

LabMouse Member

Artest, I think.

12. Dream Shake 81

When is Ariza getting his ring?

13. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

When the rox visit LALA land next week...

In a Rox uni? this time next year! :D

14. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

As a basketball fan you should realize just because 1 or 2 player is getting pretty much everything they put up doesn't net a win. Its the other players that have to score to win games.

1st game Ariza was on Outlaw 23 points. loss second game Ariza on Roy 42 points. Win.

Can you tell me why that's so? Role players were held in check in the second game. Most of us were screaming " WHY THE HELL ISNT BATT ON ROY!?" Because he was shutting down everyone else. Kobe can run wild all I care. If Artest scores 20 we will lose.

First Blazer game almost all the role players were in double figures(or close to it) even with a less than stellar game from Aldridge they still won.

15. HTown_TMac

HTown_TMac Member

Kobe can win a game by himself

16. 3ston

3ston Member

:mad: The NBA is stupid! Why would you have a double header on espn with neither being the rockets/lakers matchup?? I thought espn was your home for all things lakers, its an intriguing match up for the common nba fan not in houston or LA. insted the nation gets to see heat/wizards...pfff and mavs/hornets. i hate the lakers but i bring up my opinion cuz i wanna see the rockets on at least one nation wide tv game this season!

17. waytookrzy079

waytookrzy079 Member

whoever is going to the game tonight, everytime RonRon touches the ball, just start chanting "shoot the ball" or "you cant shoot" to see if he jacks up enough bricks to build a house.

18. Pete Chilcutt

Pete Chilcutt Contributing Member

With Chase out, we need Jermaine Taylor to step it up, I think he is up for it and will be a boost of energy. We are really going to miss Chase tonight, 3's are going to be big.

The bench will be the difference tonight, if the Rockets can get the same type of contributions tonight as they did in Utah we can win this. Lakers bench last night only mananged 6 points out of 101...

19. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

If Kobe beats us by himself ill take that loss and move on. There is nothing we can do about that.

20. albuster

albuster Member

The outcome is important but I just hope the young Rockets will learn a lot from these champion Lakers. The experience playing the champs is much more valuable in the long run.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.