1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Lakers @ Rockets 1/8/2013

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 6, 2013.

1. PhiSlamma

PhiSlamma Member

So pumped up about this game. If we can take this one, it will help us keep the Lakers down and put us even more into position for a playoff spot.

The Lakers aren't done yet. Hope we can help keep them on the skids and bolster our own spot.

2. Luca

Luca Member

I missed the last two games against the Lakers.

3. Luca

Luca Member

I hope so, Kobe will be a killer but just hope that he will lay more bricks in thi game. Lin needs to have a good shooting game. Hope everyone steps up.

4. peter2012

peter2012 Member

If it is necessary, I will say DO it.

5. JJ23

JJ23 Rookie

3 losses in a row = pissed off lakers. It's gonna be tough. If we win this one, I'll be pleasantly suprised. If Harden is guarding Kobe, Kobe's gonna have 40.

6. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

Given the Lakers defense, I don't think they're going to score enough to keep up with the Rockets.

7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

It's not like they have bad offense... 5th best offense

this might be one of the occasions where they are not absolute favs to win it

8. wfeebs

wfeebs Member

Don't know what to think about this one.

On one hand, we're a crazy 4th quarter away from being 0-2 (with two blowouts) against them.

On the other hand, we are so much better than we were a month ago.

Can't wait for this game

9. roxxy

roxxy Member

No the Lakers will score 6th best offense in the NBA. They need to show a sustained commitment to defense. Last night there transition D was so terrible against denver. If they don't get back in transition against us they will get beat. Rockets need to execute the fast break perfectly. Lin needs to time his full court passes perfectly & guys need to leak out & keep running to catch the ball. Also need to pass the ball in transition instead of dribbling it up.

10. JJ23

JJ23 Rookie

If Blood Dragon can hit dem treys we win it fo sho

11. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

The Rockets just need to run.

Lakers are running a fast paced offense as well but they are old and tired. They will exhaust themselves running Pringle offense, leaving a ton of openings on defense especially in transition.

As long as the Rockets and Lakers play uptempo throughout the game, the Rockets should eventually come out on top.

12. NL Rocket

NL Rocket Member

Must win, they are ways behind us so it's time to show that we belong in the playoffs and they don't!!

13. RedDynasty

RedDynasty Member

I think we're gonna just outrun them. They don't have a lot of young guns. So just do what we normally do - tire them.

14. torocan

torocan Member

On paper we SHOULD win this match up.

They are large, slow and old and have weak transition defense despite having a top tier shot blocker with Howard (who is currently undergoing an MRI for his shoulder).

On the other hand, they are in desperation mode right now.

At 15-18, in order to make 46 wins (anticipated for the 8th seed), they would need to go 31 and 18 for the remainder of the season. AND they have @SAS tomorrow night on a back to back, and vsOKC 2 nights after that.

There's no way they can chalk SAS and OKC as guaranteed wins (SAS may as well be a schedule loss), and OKC isn't just going to roll over.

IF they lose the next 3, that puts them at 15-21, which means they'll need to go 31-15, or play close to .700 ball for the remainder of the season for an 8 spot.

If I'm the coach, I'm going all out to beat the Rockets tonight (best shot at a win), and try to steal OKC at home.

I wouldn't be shocked if we see play off intensity tonight. And unless Howard ends up unable to play, I wouldn't be surprised if this turns out to be a very, very tough game.

15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Denver the second best rebounding team was outrebounded by 4....

secure boards, make stops and gun down that ho

16. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

they have to win, we are not that desperate... we should win it but we can make up ground beating other teams

17. Luca

Luca Member

Agreed, I'm a bit nervous about this game.

18. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Contributing Member

According to some rumours, the Lakers are far from a cohesive unit...

@DimeMag: NBA Rumor: Kobe Bryant and Dwight Howard Are Bitterly Feuding http://t.co/NtB2xR7W

I just hope that we BEATL.A.!!!

19. peter2012

peter2012 Member

Let them poop their big pants again! Lets go Rockets! :grin::grin:

20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

And just smack Gasol's nose